Red Sky at Night (IC)

Tsunami twisted out of Devil Ray's path as the mercenary swam at her, turning slightly to face the direction he had continued in.  "Your domain?"  The Asian teen said in reply to his boasts.  "That armor may allow you to survive under the waves, but I can do so on my own and I command the very water around us."

Bringing both hands up in front of her, the Asian teen emphasized her point by sending yet another powerful jet of water cutting through the water after the villain.  This time, her aim was true, and the blast of water slammed squarely into the armored criminal with tremendous force.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

This time, the Devil Ray was beaten, and he knew it, the force of the water sent him tumbling through the sea's like a pebble in a Tsunami - appropriately enough. His servo motors leaked smoked and oil, and went crazy. 

As he was spinning away, his motors cut in and started propelling the unconscious mercenary like a torpedo, away from the ship and out into the open ocean. The man had clearly been knocked unconscious - his limbs were heavy and floated limp, pulled to his body by the water he ploughed through. But somehow, the very blow that had knocked him out and crippled his armor had also caused a malfunction that was saving the mercenaries skin. 

Whatever God's of the sea looked on, they had clearly blessed the man with a dose of fortune beyond his right to expect!

GM

“What exactly was the point of all this? What is this ship meant to be doing?â€

The Captain, now soaked alongside his captor, looked up and smiled enigmatically. 

"The point? Why, I am just a simple captain, trying to make a living for myself and all my crew. Thing is, hard to make money in the sea. And the sea is dangerous. Fishing, transport, the navy. They eat you up, spit you out. So it's quite simple, I smuggle. I want the money to...to even the scales of justice..." he said, biting into the last words bitterly. 

"OVERTHROW offered the money, and I took the deal" he said, looking Blod in the eye with a gleam. Despite his position, his face was one of serenity, confidence, and victory. 

GM

Meanwhile, in the Engine Room...

The Engines died a somewhat ugly and ungraceful death. Like someone had shoved a spanner in the works. 

The mechanic, shifting a nervous look at Crimson Tiger stepped back from his work and wiped more oil of a very sweaty forehead. His spanner stuck in the middle of the engine, rammed there whilst the gears protested. 

"There you go, she ain't moving now. Poor girl. Whata way to go..." he said to himself, before gulping and turning to Crimson Tiger. 

"So, ships dead, right. No go. And in case you hadn't noticed, its a storm out there. So, time to get off the ship, eh? All onto the lifeboats and row row row your boat! best get going...chick like you with your muscles, bet you can row really fast, yes? you are welcome to a seat on my lifeboat!" he said, gulping again and giving a nervous smile. 

As soon as the engines were down, Crimson Tiger visibly relaxed. "Good point. Can't do much with a ship that's dead in the water." She knew enough about mechanics to know that an engine can't move unless it makes noise, and began running back up to the top of the ship. As far as she knew or was concerned, she did what she could do to stop it.

As her blast of water knocked Devil Ray back and apparently unconscious , Tsunami felt a slight feeling of satisfaction.  She was a bit disappointed as he suit seemed to malfunction and carry him away at high speed.  As much as she might want to put him behind bars, she had much more pressing things to deal with, such as stopping the ship.

Easily catching back up with the ship and pulling alongside, the Asian teen broke the surface of the water, looking up through the storm at the dark ship above.  "I have dealt with Devil Ray. "  She said into her communicator to Bold and Crimson.  "There is some strange current that is helping propel the ship forward, straight towards an island.  I will try to counter this current, but if I am unable to, I will have to sink the ship. "

• 2 weeks later...

Blodeuwedd leaned in and whispered into the Captain’s ear.

“Just how much explosive’s are there on this ship, or is all the fuel on board enough to do the job?â€

She dragged the Captain to his feet, she was remarkably strong for a woman her size, and began to drag him towards the hold.

“They want to use the ship as a bomb. I’m going to see what they’ve got in the hold, if you can join me Crimson I’ll see you there. Tsunami if you can’t stop the ship go warn the base, you’re the only one of us that could reach the base at any kind of speed. If necessary we'll scupper the ship."

Why did it seem that anytime she boarded a ship it turned in a potential death trap?

"Scuttle the ship?" laughed the Captain, still on his knees but enjoying the storm on his face. 

"Can't you see it? Can't you see? This ship is set for hell, madam. And nothing you can do is going to stop that. Once the ocean has made up its mind, she won't let go. It's set. You can't stop it!"

He raised his fist to the sky and laughed deep and hard into the rain. He sounded fairly mad - or merely inspired. Or perhaps both. 

"The sea and the storm have set course, that nobody can deny!" he sang in a deep voice. 

AT his laugh, an series of almighty explosions ripped the top and decks of the ship. 

Incendiary explosives. This was the cargo of the ship. 

"Red Sky at Night, admirals delight!" laughed the Captain as the fiery ship swept towards the Naval base of Freedom City. 

"Just like the fire ships of old, I take my revenge on the Navy that abandoned me!" he said, eyes glazed and reflecting the red fire of the ship. 

• 2 weeks later...

Crimson Tiger growled at the man next to her and took off in a dead sprint towards the hold. She had no intention of letting the ship blow up anyone. She was glad that she was so quick. If she ever saw the Captain of this ship, she swore she'd slug him. She had no intention, whatsoever, of letting this ship kill anyone. After what had happened earlier in the year, she was absolutely not going to let anyone die. Not even idiotic, evil people who wanted to blow up a dock full of innocents.

Tsunami instinctively pulled back some in the water as the explosions ripped thought parts of the Prince Edward, turning it into a blazing inferno that waited to engulf the Naval Station once it reached there.  The Asian teen was worried about her friends, but knew she had to try to stop the fiery ship first, then do what she could to douse the flames, trusting on her friends to take care of themselves.

Diving back beneath the waves, Tsunami shot through the water, swimming up ahead of the Prince Edward.  Turning back so she could sense the underside of the ship's hull in the water, the teen focused on the strange current that was now the only thing propelling the ship forward.  She was going to have to counter that current if she wanted to stop the ship.

Bringing her hands up in front of her, the Asian teen reached out with her powers, seeking to assert her will on the water around the ship.  Whatever was causing the strange current was powerful, and fought against Tsunami’s power.  But the teen was not going to give up so easily, concentrating on the water she was trying to control, Tsunami pushed her power beyond its normal limits.

Her power and whatever was controlling the current clashed against each other for a brief moment, and then, the Prince Edward began to slow, even being pushed backward from its destination some as Tsunami won the contest.

GM

Whilst the fiery deck of the Prince Edward showed no signs of dying down, despite the rain and wind, the ship itself groaned and twisted, yawing terribly and spinning on its axis. 

Slowly it ground to a halt, and then started pulling away from the Naval Base. 

The captain sprang to his feet and gripped the side of the ship, before turning to Blod. 

"What is this? What is this? This is not possible!" he wailed. "What force have you conjured to snatch my victory from me! Tell me! Tell me know!" he demanded of the Welsh woman. 

He raised his fist to the sky, and at his command, a bolt of lightning leapt from the sky to crash on the deck...

• 2 weeks later...

Beneath the waves, Tsunami was unaware of what was taking place on the deck of the Prince Edward as she remained focused on resisting the unnatural current that was still attempting to propel the ship toward the naval base.  Thus far, the Asian teen had the upper hand in the contest, having brought the ship to a complete halt despite the efforts of whatever force was behind the current.

But though she was able to maintain her control over the waters around the Prince Edward, Tsunami was unable to provide any other assistance to her friends upon its decks.   Hopefully, they would be able to stop whatever was control the waters soon.

GM

"Something is stopping this ship, and I mean to find out what!" demanded the Admiral to Blod. 

He gestured to the sky, ring blazing alive, creating shafts of lightning, high winds, and monsoon rains. 

"I can feel the power of the ocean, of the storm. It's a harsh mistress, but one I love!" he proclaimed. 

"Now - tell me what is stopping this ship before I cast you into the ocean!" he demanded of the welshwoman. 

For indeed the ship had stalled, burning away but immobile. The sheets of rain were slowly dying down the blazes, but not fast enough. The incendiary devices the ship was laden with was not enough to blow a hole in the hull, but more than enough to ignite the deck furiously. Clearly the Admiral's skill included demolitions. 

"I worked hard for the Navy all my life, but saw too much of it. Beaurocrats and politicians cutting my men to the dogs, not supporting them, exposing them to dangers and throwing them to wars that we didn't need. Enough with them! Today, I get my revenge!"

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, that was IT. Mali roared in anger and charged. She closed distance on the 'admiral' quickly. She made to swing with her left arm and waited. There! He fell for it. He moved a little out of the way, but her right arm came up quickly, slamming into his midsection. She felt the air leave his lungs completely as he crumpled around her fist.

"That's your motivation for murdering hundreds of people? Aren't you killing the same kinds of people they were? Murder is murder, no matter how you try to justify it." She remembered the dying soldiers she'd seen on Erde. She had seen the horrors of war with her own eyes.

Edited by Thunder King

Under the waves, Tsunami noted that the current that had been guiding the ship along suddenly stopped.  There was still a question of what might have been behind that current, but for the moment, the Asian teen took the reprieve to swim up to the surface and look up at the ship to try to get a better idea what was going on. 

She could not quite see what was going on up on the deck, but could see the flames from the cargo hold.  Focusing on some of the water around her, Tsunami took control of it, sending it twisting up into the air like a giant water spout with a few gestures, looking to douse the flames.

GM

The Admiral sensed the tide of battle flowing. He had manage to bruise Crimson Tigers Knuckles with his kidneys. 

The force of the woman's blow, driven by her incredible strength, sent him crashing to the side of the ship, hitting the railings. 

"It is for the Greater Good..." he said in a barely audible voice, his lungs deprived of air after the punch. "You are young...you will grow old...you will rue this day...and guilt will be your companion..." he said, shining his black and sad eyes at Crimson Tiger directly. 

"The passive man can kill just as ferociously as the active one...."

"You kill men with your so called mercy" he said, as a roll of the deck sent the Admiral spinning to the swirling ocean with a theatrical "Splosh". 

It was echoes by the waves of water and sea that hit the Deck, sizzling and steaming and doing a very effective job at killing the flames. 

When the Admiral went into the water Blodeuwedd she didn’t even hesitate throwing Dyrnwyn to Mali, she knew the Mali was more than righteous enough to wield the blade. Then she threw herself over the edge into the cold water of the bay.

She couldn’t stay under the water long and she probably wouldn’t be able to stay afloat much longer, at least her bodysuit would stop her from suffering from hypothermia. Blodeuwedd just hoped that Giang noticed that she had gone into the water. Her google's allowed her to see in the water clearly but she still couldn’t see the Admiral in the churning seas and didn’t have long before she had to resurface.

Edited by TiffanyKorta

Crimson Tiger's first instinct was to jump in, but that would prove fruitless. So, instead, she found five life preservers laying around. Ringed floaters designed to help rescue people from the water. She tossed them into the water and grabbed a nearby rope, ready to hurl it in at the first sign of someone needing it.

Giang was satisfied to see her waterspout was able to extinguish some of the flames on the ship.  But before she could focus on continuing to try and douse the other fires, she noticed two figures enter the stormy waters. 

Turning away from the ship for the moment, the Asian teen dove back down under the waters, quickly closing with the closest figure, which had been trying to swim against the rough waters, and having a bit of difficulty.  Giang was near the figure in moments, recognizing Blod right away. 

With a small gesture, she took control of the water right around Blod, using it to push her friend back up to the surface of the water and then hold her up there.

Resurfacing nearby, the Asian teen glanced over at the other teenager.  "Are you alright?  Was the other person who entered the water Crimson?"

GM

Several feet below the surface, that was now calming to the regular ebb and flow of the sea, the Admiral sank. 

No...no...I will not be defeated in entirety!

"I would have gladly given my life for justice! True Justice! Not the corrupt laws of this land that serve only the greedy and rich! Justice for the men and women that given blood and bone for the land!" his voice boomed through the sea. 

"But I can wait longer if need too. I will not throw my life away, or into prison, when the war may continue another day!"

His face contorted with effort, and the Sea swirled, until an almighty blast of water that Tsunami could feel all to well, surged like an underwater tornado, propelling the Admiral into the open ocean eastward...

Mali watched the fleeing Admiral with a sigh. Well, at least she'd managed to save lives. The bad guy got away, but there were more survivors than there would have been. She watched her friends, knowing that Blod was safe, and that Tsunami would rescue her. A good reaffirmation of what she did and why she did it. She saved lives. She helped make sure that the people on land would not have to endure what would have been a total disaster.

She watched over the side, making sure her friends got to safety. She then realized...she'd need a way back to land.

Edited by Thunder King

Tsunami watched briefly as the other figure in the water, who she realized was the Captain, was suddenly propelled away by a current far faster than she could normally swim.  While she might be able to try to pursue, it was a long shot that she would be able to find where he had gone, given the speeds he was going.  And in any event, Blod and Crimson still needed her to help deal with the fires on the ship.

Rising up to stand on the surface of the waters under her control near Blod, the Asian teen then formed a column of water that carried the two teens back up to the deck of the Prince Edward.  She then looked about to see how bad the fires still were.

GM

The waters of Tsunami had done their job. A few isolated fires remained, but were being tackled by the crew, who were grateful to be alive. Some had jumped overboard, some had been trapped. And those souls gave Tsunami a cheer. 

It would be difficult, if not impossible, to work out for sure the loyalties and culpability of the crew. They had all been fiercely loyal to the Captain - or rather, the Admiral. Some had military records. All pleaded ignorance. 

Even as the last fires smouldered out, the ship looked a wreck. It would be a fight to keep her afloat - and the fire damage meant that the Prince Edward had probably seen the last of her sailing days. 

Once satisfied that the crew was dealing with the remnants of the fire, Tsunami set about helping any trapped crewmembers aboard or to safety.  The Asian teen did not know what to make of the potential culpability of the various crewmembers, but figured that was something best left to law enforcement at this point.

As she finished brining a pair of crewmembers back up on to the deck on a spout of water, she looked over to Blod and Crimson.  "If they are not already on the way, we should likely contact the authorities to come secure the ship."

Blodeuwedd didn’t mind the water but she was more than happy to be back on, relatively, solid ground. She took down her hood and tried to wring out her sopping hair, obviously there was some disadvantage to keeping her hair long. She gently took Dyrnwyn back from Mali, one day she’d explain what was meant to happen to the unworthy if them took hold of the blade.

“The Admiral who obviously has some issue’s with his previous employees.†she gestured towards the naval base

“Sabotaged the radio along with everything else. If the ships in no danger of sinking we can wait here why you go and let them know. Otherwise I suggest that we all abandon ship.â€