Red Sky at Night (IC)

Tsunami frowned ever so slightly as the armored mercenary spotted her.  "I am going to be releasing the water in a moment."  She said quietly in her comm. as she stood up to her feet to face Devil Ray.

"My name is Tsunami."  She replied simply.  "I was investigating reports that there was some illegal cargo aboard this ship.  Your presence here would seem to confirm that."

The Asian then shifted her feet further apart as her hands came up in front of her, palms facing towards the armored mercenary.  A blast of water shot forth from her hands, streaking through the night air towards Devil Ray.  However, the teen's aim was off, and the twisting jets of water flew harmlessly by him and out over the water.

Tsunami shifted into a defensive stance as she prepared for the supercriminal's counter attack.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crimson Tiger grumbled to herself. Idiots couldn't see that fighting around a super hero was just a bad idea. So she got to work. She shifted her legs and slammed her elbow into the chest of one of the men, sending him sprawling to the ground. She pivoted with her hips and legs and delivered a fierce roundhouse to the head of another man, before whipping around and punching a third man in the chest.

A glimpse out of the corner of her eye told her that one of the men was going to swing at her with some sort of board or bat. She didn't care much, instead grabbing the length of wood and slamming her fist into his shoulder, popping it out of socket and the weapon into her hand. She threw it towards the water and elbowed another man who was apparently trying to sneak up behind her, causing him to collapse.

She spotted the cold gleam of a blade just before one of the thugs tried to slash at one of the workers. She intervened, grabbing his wrist and twisting his arm until his hand opened involuntarily before turning around and slamming him into three of his fellows, sending them all on their backs. She spotted the last three men, all charging at her. She bolted forward, ducking down. One man got a fist to the stomach, the second man a fist to the face, and the last man a fierce kick to the chest.

She took a moment to take a breath and glance around at the unconscious thugs and dock workers.

"Whew..." she said, before hitting her comm link. "Dock situation's taken care of, where are you guys at?"

Blodeuwedd paused just inside the bridge, once she had secured a reasonable hiding place and whispered into the comm’s

“It seems the ship does have something dodgy going on. Giang at the rear dealing with Devil Ray of all people, I’m going to try something but please come join us.â€

Keeping on the move and the shadow of the room, though she didn’t need them, she spoke out loud to the Captain and the room dialing down her accent to be almost unnoticeable.

“Then do the honourable thing Captain, shut down those engines. Once we’ve dealt with Devil Ray we can discuss the cargo you’ve got in the hold.â€

GM

"Tsunami, is it?" hissed the Devil Ray through his mask. He paused slightly, concerned at who - or what - was facing. He was about to advance when the stream of water flew from the heroine at him. His momentary caution was well considered. 

He twisted to the left, and onto the deck. He was a capable, fast fighter, even in his armor - the black glint of servo motors and the faint hum of power systems all adding to his ferocious appearance. The sea water was still wet on his suit, and the now heavy rain glistened and spat on his armor. The floor of the deck was slick wet. 

He raised his own hand, releasing his manta ray - a blast of electricity that shot just past Tsunami and out into the wet, dark night. 

"And just what are you doing here...." he demanded, as hecame to his feet and ran towards her. 

GM

Meanwhile...on the Bridge...

The Captain swung up his shotgun when he heard Blod. His poor crewman just cowered, taking step by step back. 

"Not many people can sneak up on me, girl. Especially on my own ship!" he replied, looking her square in the eye. He was fingering the gun. Despite his age, he was limber, and Blod guessed he had had some military training. He certainly knew how to handle the weapon. 

"And I am captain on this ship. That means its me who is giving the orders. You are a minute away from being a stowaway, my girl, and I don't take too kindly to them. Given you are also a meddling snoop, that means you are rapidly filling up my little black book of bad girls..."

"I'm not shutting down the engines. I've been hired to make a delivery, and I'm going to make it. I don't know what's in those crates, and to be honest, I'm not sure I rightly care...so you better give me a good reason not to throw you off my ship, or...worse..." he added, indicating his weapon. 

She could she in the way he talked, but more in his face, that he was lying to her. Never a good thing.

“Please Captain don’t try lying to me, no Captain worth his salt doesn’t know what he’s carrying.â€

As she spoke she slipped one of her throwing knives from it’s holder.

“Final chance, stop the engine’s before I have to do it myself.â€

She threw the knife so it embedded in the window mere centimeters from the ship pilot, the aim right now was to make him more scared of her than the Captain.

“And that’s my final warning.â€

GM

The knife seemed to make no impact on the Captain. His ship hand, however, turned a pure white shade of white, and screamed. 

Perhaps he was trying to say something, but his throat was so constricted and his mind so garbled that nothing intelligible came out other than vocalisations of terror. 

He turned heel, and ran out of the bridge with legs fuelled by panic. In the rain and dark, his precise destination could not be seen. The yell and the splash of seawater as his body hit the sea may have given some indication. 

"Knives is it?" said the Captain in an iron voice. 

"I've faced worse than that, girl. I've fought in more wars than you have had hot dinners...." he explained, his face turning to steely determination. 

Tsunami dodged aside as the bolt of electricity streaked through the air at her.  She was still a bit tired from forcing the water way from the propellers of the ship, all for naught now of course, but she was still quick enough to avoid the armored villain's attack.

Moving easily across the wet deck, her feet hardly leaving a ripple in the water pooled there as she seemed to skim across its surface, the Asian teen put a bit of distance between her and Devil Ray as she responded to his question.  "I believe I just told you, but right now I am stopping you."

Her hands came up in front of her once more and another blast of water shot forth.  This time the twisting jets of water slammed squarely into the armored mercenary's torso.  But despite the power behind the attack, he somehow was able to withstand it with seemingly no effect.

Or maybe not  The teen though, as she wondered where Crimson Tiger was.

GM

Crimson Tiger was not alone. 

The night was dark, and the rain made visibility still worse. At least there was some dim light from the docks and the ship. It was hard to make out the figure under such circumstances, but he - if it was a he - was still, crouched on one knee, and looked to be observing the fight. He was more shadow than anything else - a blackness on a black canvas. 

He looked...in his silhouette, something like...a pirate? There was an extravagant floppy hat, the suggestion of breeches, and the glint of sharp steel by his side, like a cutlass. 

The parrot was fortunately missing. 

Well, this was among the weirder things she'd ever had to deal with. A man dressed like a pirate. Maybe even an actual pirate. She turned and eyed the figure warily. She didn't know what he was going to do, or who he was. He could be a bad guy, or maybe even a pirate themed hero. She wasn't going to attack him, but she wasn't going to get caught off guard, either.

GM

The Pirate shadow carried motionless - studying the brawl - or rather, what remained after its conclusion. 

As if jolted, the figure walked towards Crimson Tiger and whatever dockers were left standing. 

"Ahh, me hearties!" swaggered the Pirate, a tall man dressed in full regalia, complete with cutlass in his right hand. 

'twas the Freebooter. A pirate anarchist, superhero to some, supervillian to more. 

He addressed Crimson Tiger directly. 

"I never seen such a fighter, madam. But every blow struck against these scum is one I applaud!" he said, with a broad and toothy grin, and yes, he did indeed have a gold tooth. 

"The real villains be the company who run this dock. Putting honest folk out of a livin' - why? why? I aim to put down this operation! this whole company!" he roared, swishing his cutlass left and right. 

"You there!" he snapped at one of the barely conscious thugs "What's on that ship? No, never mind your head too much about that, my  friend, I will scuttle it, and with it the company!"

GM

Meanwhile...

Devil Ray marched right up to Tsunami. The water blast of Tsunami hit him square in the chest, and he paused only momentarily laughing the impact off. 

"What's this?" he asked her, rhetorically. 

"A little girl on a ship? and one that slings water around. I bet it was you that stopped the ship, was it not? Well, my little friend, this ship is under my protection. I'm an expensive man, with expensive tastes, but I'm worth it!"

He reached out to grab Tsunami, only crunching the tarpaulin-covered deck beside her. His strength was prestigious, his hands crunching wood and steel beneath them. 

"As slippery as the sea!" he commented, annoyed "but no match for me!" he said, full of confidence. 

GM

Meanwhile...on the Bridge...

The Captain frowned, staring at Blod intently. 

"I'm not sure exactly who you are. But you are breaking the law, I know that much. This is my ship, girl. My ship, my rules. Private property. I don't have to put up with being ordered around. And I don't have to put up with having knives thrown at me...."

"And I will not be threatened on my own ship!!!!" he shouted, full of anger. To punctuate his point, he pulled the trigger on his shotgun. A light exploded above Blod. The man had only fired across her bow. 

"Two can play at that game, miss!" he chortled, his face still red from rage. "No let me tell you, this is your final warning! Get the hell of my ship!!!" he roared, a voice accustomed to giving orders, and having those orders obeyed. His shout was loud and toxic enough to send a light spluttering of spit to accompany the words. 

• 2 weeks later...

She has faced down ancient horrors and Faerie Queens, but it was a man with shotgun that had finally broken her nerve. Still she had to carry one despite what she felt with this man. Her first instincts were to attack this man, to prove that she was his better, but she still had to consider the danger that Giang and Mali were still under. Instead she allowed it to work in her favour.

“I believe carry such a cargo is illegal, that allows me the right to be here.†her voice sounded a little strained as if even she didn’t believe it.

And then a flash of steel and blue light from Dyrnwyn ruining her almost perfect concealment. Or at least that’s what she wanted him to think and focus all his attention to that area of the bridge.

Instead she made her way rapidly, and still silently, across the bridge to the control panel of the ship. Hopefully she could figure out how to stop the engines, it was surprising how much time she’d spent on these kind of vessels in the last six months.

Tsunami dodged aside as Devil Ray tried to grab her, noting the ease with which he had crushed the steel and wood he grabbed instead.  Clearly she would want to as much as possible to avoid that grasp.

"That remains to be seen villain."  She responded flatly to his boosting as she once again brought her hands in front of her to send a blast of water towards the armored mercenary.

Once again the twisting jets of water slammed squarely into Devil Ray's chest.  But this time, the result was far more dramatic than her previous attack.  The blast easily lifted the villain off his feet, sending him flying backward with sufficient force that he soon vanished into the dark of the night and well beyond Tsunami's sight.

The Asian teen regarded the darkness a moment, the spoke over the comm. she had with Blod and Crimson Tiger.  "I have momentarily removed Devil Ray as a threat, but that could change again very quickly.  Is everyone alright?"

Crimson Tiger cursed in Thai. Some people couldn't see the forest for the trees. He wasn't entirely wrong, mind. Sometimes companies might get rid of people they could have kept, but she wasn't an expert on business. All she knew is that this guy was going to react to people losing their jobs...by making sure more people lost their jobs. Didn't make any sense to her. "Do you seriously think putting the company down will stop other companies like it? What about the honest people who have jobs with this company? Or is it only the workers you care about? The people who aren't responsible for it? I'm not going to let you put people at risk, or their jobs. And I will stop you if you don't stop on your own."

GM

"I have no quarrel with you, feisty one!" laughed the Free Booter, putting his hands on his hips and giving an enormous chuckle. 

He stopped and pointed his cutlass at Crimson Tiger, which glowed a menacing colour. 

"But stay out of my way. I'm here to bring down the man, the boot that steps on the hard working docker. No more shall they live or fall at the whims of a suit hiding behind a desk in a penthouse. No, its time for them to fall from their rarefied air and taste the garbage like the rest of us! hahaha!" he said, full of spirit but with a vengeful anger embracing his monologue. 

And with that, he leapt high and fast, far beyond any human capability, into the darkness and rain - and the deck of the Prince Edward.

Well, it was obvious to her that this guy didn't care about anything but his private cause. She'd just have to take him down. That 'fight' with the dock workers didn't take much effort. Maybe this guy would put up a real fight. There was the problem of him being on a ship, in the dark, several dozen feet away from her.

She backed up a few feet and stared at the ship. This was risky. The water was cold, and there was real danger...but she knew she could do it. She'd never jumped that far before, but there was always a first time for everything.

She ran, gaining momentum, and as soon as her feet neared the edge, she pushed off, soaring into the air. She flipped over in the air for just a little extra push and glanced down at the now rapidly approaching ship.

She landed and twisted herself around, digging her feet in to avoid slamming into the railing at the other side. Instinctively, her hand pushed down to add extra friction and help counteract the semi-slick deck, coming to a stop. She stood up and grinned. That was fun.

Edited by Thunder King

After a moment’s panic looking at all the various dials and lever’s Blodeuwedd drew a calming breath and focused on finding the correct control. There it was obvious really; she pulled the lever’s powering down the engines. To make sure that the Captain couldn’t just start them back up she used one of her dagger’s to jam the levers. She then thumbed her comm’s.

“Engines are now offline. Now if you’ll excuse me I someone to deal with.â€

She turned her attention back to the bridge and the Captain who would have soon worked out what she’d done. And it was, despite her concealment, obvious exactly where she was.

Tsunami heard Blodeuwedd's message, somewhat relieved that at least the boat was halted for the moment.  But she was not sure what the other girl meant by having someone to "deal with."  It was just then that she heard something, or more precisely, two something's landing towards somewhere forward on the ship.

The Asian teen felt a bit torn now.  For the moment she had removed Devil Ray as a threat, but he could very well return at anytime.  Deciding it was time to try to find one or the other of her friends, she moves forward along the roof of the ship she had been fighting on to try to get down to the bridge.  As she moved, she tried to weave and dodge about as much as possible, to make herself a harder target should Devil Ray return.

Crimson Tiger turned towards the Freebooter and shifted to the right, before coming to the left with a fierce punch. She cursed inwardly as he backed away from the blow. Most people fell for her feints, but the Freebooter apparently knew better. This would actually be a challenge for once. She wondered, not for the first time, where her friends were, and what they were doing. She hoped they were safe.

GM

"Shiver me timbers!" cliched the Free Booter, dancing with remarkable agility on his classical pirate boots. 

"You won't catch the Free Booter so easily, M'lady! Yer a rapscallion to think so!" he laughed, spinning around out of her reach. The Free Booter was not all mouth, however. He spun and stretched out his cutlass with remarkable speed, straight at Crimson tiger, before pulling back in one movement, dancing forward, and clonking her head with the handle of his magnificent glowing weapon. 

"I won't cut ye just yet, just a friendly warning, stay out of my way, lassie. I aim to scuttle this ship, and that's what I'll be doing. Get me in my way, and I'll see yer blood!" he laughed, an iron fist wrapped in velvet. 

Meanwhile...

In the rear of the ship, the Devil Ray exploded out of the water, to land in a crouch on the ship decking. The storm was rising, and the water fell from the sky like the worst of monsoons. 

"Dammit! Where has that little toad gone?" he cursed to himself, unable to spy Tsunami where he had left her...

Meanwhile...

"This ship is mine, and it goes where I tell it to!" snapped the Captain. Despite his age, he was limber. He kicked a lever back to "Full ahead", and the engines started rumbling. 

"And you are a stowaway, lady!" he shouted at Blod, before bringing his shotgun butt down on her heavily. 

"Get off, or it will be a slug next time!" he explained. 

WIth the Captain so close she didn’t have chance to turn the engines back off or even draw Dyrnwyn. Instead she chose to rely on her Martial Art’s skills she wasn’t as skilled as Crimson Tiger, or hit quite as hard, but she was more than capable of holding her own. She dropped low to the ground and kicked out with her feet to catch the Captain in his legs, it was unlikely to take him down but it would still hurt.

With the momentum of the kick she rolled away from the controls, before springing silently to her feet. Sam often teased that she was too keen to use violence rather than stealth to solve problems, but it was something that when necessary she did well, and right now all she needed to do was delay the Captain whilst the other did the important stuff.

As Tsunami moved across the deck of the ship, she heard two objects land somewhere towards the bow of the ship.  Almost immediately after, she sensed Devil Ray moving back towards the ship in the water, before he exited into the air near the aft of the ship, presumably to try to locate her once again.

"Devil Ray is back."  She spoke into the comm. to Blodeuwedd and Crimson Tiger.  "But for the moment I have not reengaged with him.  Where are you both and do either of you need help?"  The Asian teen moved a little more towards the middle of the ship, continuing to remain on the defensive as she went.

Crimson Tiger growled in slight frustration. His agility made it difficult to land a solid hit. In fact, when Crimson Tiger went in for a second hit, she discovered that he rolled with the strike successfully and managed to avoid injury. She couldn't let a guy with a sword stay on her like that. Her costume simply wasn't tough enough to resist blows from such a source for very long. Far better to do her best to either take him down fast, or disarm him.