Miniature Heroland [OOC]

Azuth65

Assuming it matters at all, Jube's "pre-thread" investigations will all be Take 20 'rolls' on Knowledge: Business ('roll' is 28), Knowledge: Technology ('roll' is 29), plus Investigate ('roll' is 24). No, Jube doesn't actually have Investigate, but he does have Jack of All Trades, so it's all good.

Jube's examination of the toys in his gift basket will, likewise, be Take 20 'rolls', with Quickness so he can spend a minimum of time on said 'rolls'. Skills (including those which are covered under Jack of All Trades) the feline will use are Search ('roll' of 24), Notice ('roll' of 29), Investigate ('roll' of 24), and maybe Craft or Computers, whichever is most applicable (either way, it's a 'roll' of 24). For the necessary sensor/detector devices, Jube will pull a few points'-worth of Gadgets out of his Vest Of Many Things.

Finally, Jube will scan the lobby with his Super-Senses. which are: Danger Sense (based on Motion Sense), Low-light Vision, Motion Sense (based on sensing subtle pressure differences when objects move thru air), Normal Olfactory Sense [Extras], Ultrasonic Hearing, Infravision, and Ultravision.

Note that in order to use his Infravision, Jube must downshift to a slower tempo than normal; this means he can't apply his Quickness while using Infravision. The Ultravision is just the opposite --Jube must be upshifted to a faster tempo than normal when he's using that power, so his Quickness definitely applies.

For the Infravision, it's a normal Notice check (1d20+9=28). For all Jube's other Super-Senses, it's Take 20 plus Quickness for a Notice 'roll' of 29.

Again, I'm assuming that all the Notice checks & etc actually make a difference. If they don't... [shrug] c'est la vie.

It's not clear how many clock-seconds it took for the hostages to get shrunk down to toy-size, but I'm assuming Jube (being a speedster and all) could manage to deploy some Gadgets (assigning the 'gadget points' to appropriate Super-Senses) while the shrinking was in progress. Dunno if this'll work, but it's worth a shot anyway. Plot-wise, I'd expect that any data Jube can gather in this way will only be relevant/useful at the end of the story, when the heroes are figuring out how to restore everyone to their proper size.

No idea if Jube's Gadget-sensors can gather any useful info about the robotic minion, but he's gonna try anyway.

Are die-rolls needed here? If so, Jube will Take 20 if he can (love that Quickness!). Should standard die-rolls be required, let me know what sort(s) of rolls, and I'll fire up Invisible Castle for them.

Well he knows the shrinking process originated from the a point at the top of the Eiffel Tower replica. Given his K-tech ranks...

The beam reads similar to one previously used by Toy Boy, confiscated by the Freedom League.

I'll need a search check for him to pick out where the robot's feed is coming from though.

[re-checks 2E Core rulebook] Well, whadaya know -- I failed my Search. My error; Jube doesn't have 'real' Search, so it's Jack of All Trades time again, and he's only working with his +4 INT bonus, not his +9 Notice. Subtract 5 from the 'roll' and roll just previous, plz.

Jube wants to look for vulnerable points in the robot's shell. This is presumably a Knowledge (Technology) (1d20+9=19) roll... and I kinda doubt 19 is a high-enough roll to bother with.

Ah, well. After not-finding the robot's weak points, Jube will just throw things at the silly machine, this being the SFX for him pulling out a Blast 2 from his Gadgets. Since I still don't feel comfortable with MnM's combat rules I'm gonna walk thru Jube's attack in excessive detail, so that any errors I make will be plain for all to see and correct. So: To hit, I need to make vs a Difficulty Class of [checks Jube's character sheet] 17. Since this is a missile attack, I use Jube's +6 Ranged Bonus and not his +12 Melee Bonus. No size-based modifiers here, no miscellaneous modifiers I can think of, no range penalty. Jube's attack roll on the robot (1d20+6=19) hits, yay! I hope so, anyway... and so the robot gets to make a Toughness save vs a DC of 17.

Jube's attack: He brings a few 35-millimeter nuts out from one vest-pocket, and throws them at the 'bot at supersonic speed, one at a time in rapid succession. Each individual nut is pretty weak, as attacks go, but all of them together add up to one Blast 2! That's the theory, anyway...

Wisp's going to put herself between the 'bot and the civilians.

Move: Stealth check to get hidden 1d20+15=18

Free action: Quick Change into costume

Standard action: Second move action to teleport between the crowd and the robot.

45 Jubatus: Unharmed

25 Synth: Unharmed

24 Wisp: Unharmed

12 Revenant: Unharmed

10 Glow: Unharmed

8 Securitron: Injured 1