INTERCEPTORS: Habitat for Heroics

quotemyname

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. As soon as I finally pull the trigger on our team HQ, it gets blown up.

In other team news, I did a very bare-bones update on our wiki entry. Just a couple of brief status updates and a current roster. Feel free to add to it.

It looks like we currently have 7 active members, and that's not counting Jill (a Sidekick) or Doktor Archeville (mostly behind-the-scenes support). We should really cap it there. As it is, I'm guessing most "team threads" will only involve about half the current roster at any given time. Even if we lose someone, we should probably still keep the door closed for now. Speaking of which...

Darius, I heard a rumor that Fulcrum's considering jumping ship and joining the Freedom League. Is there any truth to that?

As a side note, if you're noticing a lot of black text where there used to be blue or even red text, that's because I've been purging the Wiki. I got rid of any page I could find which fit all of the following criteria: I created it as a placeholder and it was never expanded upon, it consisted of a single sentence with a couple of forum links, and it referred to a character created by a player who is either inactive or banned.

Darius, I heard a rumor that Fulcrum's considering jumping ship and joining the Freedom League. Is there any truth to that?

Yes, I've been considering it for some time, weighing the pros and cons. One of the issues keeping me is the roleplaying angle. Having an entire team of PCs does help with the ol' thread work. On the other hand, joining the League has been a dream for her.

Yes, I've been considering it for some time, weighing the pros and cons. One of the issues keeping me is the roleplaying angle. Having an entire team of PCs does help with the ol' thread work. On the other hand, joining the League has been a dream for her.

Last time I checked, Doktor Archeville, Fleur de Joie, Freedom Angel and Darkstar are all PC Leaguers, and The Scarab will be (again) after [ArchEvil]. So if Fulcrum joins the League, she won't suffer from any shortage of PC acquaintances (and similarly high-level ones, at that).

That's true. I didn't realize so many PCs were in the League. Well then that settles that. To the League (application)!

Can she still be a reserve member of the Interceptors?

It's not like she has to burn everyone's phone numbers.

Doktor Archeville himself has set a precedent for a PC who's got some involvement with two different superteams. I don't see why his girlfriend can't do it, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes... That's... a lot. Oh well. That's only 8 ranks of the equipment feat.

Thrude and Fulcrum both gone that leaves (as contributors):

Ferros

Jack

Jill

Willow

Dynamo

Jill in a Sidekick, so for easy math, we can cut her from the list.

We can still make this work out. Everyone would need to make room for 2 more ranks of equipment (bringing total contribution to Equipment 3 and Features 1).

Ferros should have some points coming up next month. I hope at least 2. So I think that he can probably afford this. I know that Jack is working on a budget because he's probably nearing PL caps. But if we want the joint HQ, we have to do this.

Would everyone be able to afford that extra investment or not? If not, we have to seriously start shaving points (likely starting with the sky bikes and stuff). It also means we'll likely never afford that "cerebro" dealie.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone?

On the one hand, I've got the Veteran Awards to have Dok cover this. (Means I'll have to do his spaceship as an HQ w/ Space Flight, not as a Vehicle.)

On the other hand, should he? Dok founded the team, but I don't know how they're going to react to him post-ArchEvil, or if they'd want him anywhere near them (though I hope to get the threads where that is sorted out started soon!). If they don't, I'd have a character contributing points to a shared HQ he isn't a member of... which is not a precedent I'd want to see set.

Yikes... That's... a lot. Oh well. That's only 8 ranks of the equipment feat.

Thrude and Fulcrum both gone that leaves (as contributors):

Ferros

Jack

Jill

Willow

Dynamo

Jill in a Sidekick, so for easy math, we can cut her from the list.

We can still make this work out. Everyone would need to make room for 2 more ranks of equipment (bringing total contribution to Equipment 3 and Features 1).

Ferros should have some points coming up next month. I hope at least 2. So I think that he can probably afford this. I know that Jack is working on a budget because he's probably nearing PL caps. But if we want the joint HQ, we have to do this.

Would everyone be able to afford that extra investment or not? If not, we have to seriously start shaving points (likely starting with the sky bikes and stuff). It also means we'll likely never afford that "cerebro" dealie.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone?

Cough. Cough.

I still haven't put any pp towards anything yet with Gecks, although at the risk of sounding mean... after him already having a HQ and a vehicle, if we have to shave features off the HQ and/or drop the vehicles to afford it, I'm not really going to care.

Crap, I thought I was forgetting someone, lol. Sorry! Oh well, 1 more character just makes things easier to afford.

Anyway, Doc, I think we need to sort that In character before anything else happens. Until then, It's not a good idea to even think about using your points. Besides setting precedents, I don't want to have to re-stat the thing out yet again because Doc's EP become unavailable suddenly :P

Dok founded the team, but I don't know how they're going to react to him post-ArchEvil, or if they'd want him anywhere near them (though I hope to get the threads where that is sorted out started soon!).

While we will cross this bridge when we get to it I made it pretty clear during this entire affair that Willow had issue with 'the Abomination.' And joy of joys, Dok just popped out of the Abomination's cthuloid zit! Long story short, I was careful with who Willow would direct her rage at so even if nobody else likes Dok, Willow will be OK with him.

I'm going to be redesigning Jack a bit in September, bringing his effective combat caps down a bit, probably to PL13, and otherwise reworking his sheet here and there. That won't really free up too many points, given the way he's built, but it may help with this.

Jack and Jill are both going to have pretty hard time trusting Dok ever again. The latter feels extremely violated by the mind control, while the former is going to feel terrible about not seeing it coming and redirect some of that anger toward Archeville himself.

Since it seems we're stating our intentions, I might as well say this: Ferros, for his part, was the least invested in the team prior to the incident. That advantage, combined with the fact that he's a pretty down to earth guy means that he will likely take Dok at face value. He respects that the man was not himself, he was being controlled/manipulated. Ferros would do what he could to help Dok, possibly by teaching him meditation or something else. While he may not completely trust Archeville, he won't attack him (metaphorically) either.

Ferros stays neutral just like he always is. :)