Rose Tinted Glasses [IC]

Gizmo

"No," Trevor lied, accepting the sunglasses and replacing them on his face immediately. His earlier discomfort made more sense now that he realized what had happened to his eyes; there was a reason he didn't wear his mask's goggles in direct sunlight. Guess I won't need to wear them at all, now. Reluctant to let Erin look directly at him even with the sunglasses, the lean youth shifted to turn to Mark. "That's probably a good idea." In truth, he was more inclined to make his own assessments back at the Manor, but the whole point of coming to Claremont had been to get help with just such a development. 'Get used to them.' Right. Trevor did his best to ignore the small voice in the back of his mind taunting, It's happening again... You don't have powers, you're just a freak.

"Well thats good then." Mike said with a nervous nod he had the feeling he was missing something here, "Seems like it'll help with spooking the bad guys too..." he offered with a shrug assumeing that would be a bonus for Trevor. He chewed his bottom lip for a moment and shrugged, "And if you're worried about your secret ID you can probably get like contacts or something right?" Because putting in or removing contacts int eh time they usually had available to change wasn't a recipe for disaster.

Erin ran a hand through her hair. "If you're feeling all right, want to go to breakfast with us?" she asked Trevor. "You can come with and help Mark carry his taffy and stuff. Might be fun to see how much he can load on before he falls over," she added, knowing that Mark wouldn't be offended at, and might not notice, having a little fun poked his way. "The nurse will be around later in the day, and you can go talk to her then."

--That, Erin, sounds like an excellent idea.-- Eve stood up from her chair, picked up Trevor's fedora from the armrest and flicked it in his direction. Flashing a quick smile, she added, --Give me a moment to change and I will join you all.--

--Trevor,-- Eve whispered in Trevor's mind, --I understand that this change in your powers is unexpected, and perhaps even a little frightening. Believe me; I understand this far too well. Everyone, not just you are going to need a little time to adjust. You shut her out, and I will kick you in the shins.--

Catching the hat out of the air with a practiced grace of movement, Trevor allowed the corner of his mouth to turn upward subtly. --Heh. Je vous dois, mon diminutif amie,-- he mentally responded to Eve's sardonic ultimatum. Aloud, he replied with a rueful, "I appear to be outvoted. Food would probably be a good idea, anyway." Replacing his fedora on his head, he adjusted the brim to sit just over his sunglasses so that his newly distinctive eye colouring wouldn't be apparent to anything less than close scrutiny.

Mark led the way as they headed downstairs, animatedly telling the story of how he'd found the ticket for the taffy contest in a shirt he'd been planning to donate to Goodwill. "Alex has me volunteering at soup kitchens some nights," he said, almost walking backwards as he pedeconferenced his way out the door. "You guys should try it sometime, it's pretty fun! Well, not that fun, I mean, I feel really bad for those people, but it feels good when you can help them out." He smiled. "Sometimes when they don't have food, I make my own! I should cook for you guys sometime, make something better than what we ate before we went to the Arctic. How you guys like the weather?"

The audible growl of Mike stomach at the mention of breakfast was sufficient agreement and with a grin he followed as Mark explained the unexplainable that was his day to day life. "Its been really nice actually." Mike replied stepping into the mundanity of the conversation, "I was out on patrol last night and it was so clear you could see for miles." Of course even on cloudy days mike could see for similar distances as if it was a few dozen yards. "Its been a really mild summer I heard not too hot but nice and sunny." he continued easily.

Between the top of his sunglasses' oval lenses and the brim of his beaten fedora, Trevor's eyebrows tilted into a reproachful look as he glanced toward the girls. They're talking... about... the weather. The lanky youth wasn't overly prone to self pity, but he was beginning to suspect the cosmos had it out for him. On the other hand, looking at Mark and Mike's respective lives, maybe there was something to be said about their approach after all.

Falling into step next to Erin, he tilted his head subtly and, still looking straight ahead, pitched his tone so as not to carry. "Sorry about this."

"Nothing to be sorry for," Erin murmured back, glancing at him once before looking ahead as well. "You don't have to come along if you don't want to, but it might be fun. Might help the headache a little, too." A few seconds passed as they walked out of the dorm and Erin wrestled with her own stupid fears, then she cautiously reached out her hand and took his.

Taking Erin's hand in his own, Trevor gave it a light squeeze, a flicker of a grin passing over his face. "Can't think of anywhere I'd rather be," he assured her softly, head tilting down slightly. Pushing the brim of his fedora up momentarily with his free hand, the laconic young man glanced over the lenses of his sunglasses with luminous red irises at the sun rising higher into the sky. It was still uncomfortable, but he felt confident that his eyes simply needed a little time to adjust as he stepped out into the light.