Charlie: 28

Ninjas: 17

28 - Stormcrow - 7HP - Unharmed

24 - Paper - 4HP - Unharmed

23 - Multi-Girl Dupe - Unharmed

17 - Ninjas - Unharmed, many of them

17 - Multi-Girl - 2HP - Unharmed

9 - Neko - 2HP - Unharmed

So, there is a so far unknown number of ninjas. There's some in the rafters, there's a lot appearing in the crowds. We'll see how many there are as the fight goes on. The crowds of regular people can be an issue both with people seeing you out of costume and  getting in the way, the ninjas are not above hiding behind them!

I'll spend my turn getting Charlie suited up, which means @Spacefurry is next

Edited by RocketLord
Posted (edited)

@Avenger Assembled just looks like generic ninjas

Since Leon is making himself a big target, two ninjas attack him, while they all move closer: 19 25

That's one hit, so @Spacefurry give me a DC16 Fort Save vs. Stun

The rest of the ninjas are moving into position. As the crowd begins to move away, it seems that there's a lot of these guys out there.

All the ninjas visible so far are minions.

Edited by RocketLord

Okay, lacking any good range option (especially with bystanders still around) and not sure where/what Bernadette would have done with her costume, I will have her move to the edge of the stage near the entrance to back stage and take the dodge action.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Neko should be able to cover about half the room like that, so all the ninjas up in the rafters.

New bad guy incoming on initiative 27

Now that Charlie is properly in costume, he'll go into melee in the rafters and start attacking a ninja with his staff. Since they're minions, I'll take 10 to hit with a 24, and a DC25 TOU save: 8. Pass, so he's down.

I'll use Takedown Attack to attack the one next to him too: 23

Two ninjas down.

The Elite Ninja appears and goes straight for Neko. @Avenger Assembled The Elite Ninja is attacking from Stealth, so give me a Notice check vs. 21. They then attack Neko: 29

That should be a hit whether you beat the Stealth or not, so give me a DC23 TOU save.

And the Elite Ninja's uniform clearly marks them as a Katanarchist. 

And then @Spacefurry is up.

28 - Stormcrow - 7HP - Unharmed

27 - Elite Ninja - Unharmed

24 - Paper - 4HP - Unharmed

23 - Multi-Girl Dupe - Unharmed

17 - Ninjas - Minions - 2x Defeated, many of them (ninjas in rafters under effect of Obscure)

17 - Multi-Girl - 2HP - Unharmed

9 - Neko - 2HP - Unharmed

Edited by RocketLord

Actually, if I use a HP to stunt a power, could I alter my AoE to targeted instead of general? And would burst catch more than cone?

I figure the ninjas have a decent Ref save, so targeted makes an attack roll instead of a save roll. And since they’re minions I can take 10 to hit any of them in range, right. Plus it already has selective so he can avoid civilians.

Edited by Spacefurry

Alternate Power: [36PP] (Additional Descriptors: Paper Barrage)

Damage 10 (Range: 10 10-ft Increments, 100 ft Max; Extras: Area [Targeted, Burst], Penetrating [6 ranks, Effective Damage 16]; Feats: Accurate 2 [+4 Attack], Improved Critical 2 [18-20], Indirect 3, Selective, Subtle, Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning, Piercing, and/or Slashing Damage]; Drawback: Medium [Paper]) [36/36]

All I did was change the [General, Cone] he normally has, for [Targeted, Burst]. It doesn’t change the cost and it already has Selective.

Of course he can only target the ones he can see. So any still hiding he can’t target. 

Ah, I see the Feat version of Selective must apply to only Saving Throw based powers. The Extra version is for Attack Roll powers. Adding an Action Flaw is fine since he isn’t moving from where he is anyway.

Thank you for catching that. I just copied the original AP without double-checking the feats on it.