Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GM

 

Afternoon, Feburary 21st, 2021

The 7th day of the 7th week, in the 3rd 7th year of the 21st millenium

Oxford Street, London

 

The teleporter between the British embassy in Freedom City and Haven made it easy enough for Muirne to come visit the rest of the Vanguard, but that didn't mean that she always had the time. Things were busy at Claremont, after all. Between classes, time travel adventures, training and the random super heroics and super villain attacks, she was busy, so when she let Vanguard know that she was going to visit, Mette managed to bring Dee and Karla along for a shopping trip, just the four of them.

 

They had reached Oxford Street, had gone through shops and had now just left Laksamania after finishing lunch. 

 

The sky was clear.

 

And something seemed to glitter in the sky, reflections of what came below, every now and again. One would have to be incredibly lucky to look up in time to see the distorted reflections of London above.

 

But no one seemed to notice or care.

 

The sky was clear.

Link to post

Little Mermaid II

 

"So, what do you think? Should be 8 to 10 months, might not be a while, but can use it later? Might last longer then." Mette was holding the little a singlet up to show it to Dee. It was light grey, with a picture of a black domino mask on the chest, and the words "My Mom's A Superhero!" written under it. It had a little black cartoon cape drawn on the back. "Muirne helped me pick it," she quickly added, nudging the younger girl with her elbow. 

 

She really hoped she like dit. It had been both kind of awesome and kind of awkward commuting back and forth between Denmark and London for Vanguard business, and she honestly hadn't seen much action as part of the team since Rurland, so, this was nice, getting all together like this. Getting to know the others a bit more.

 

Mette really hoped Dee liked the singlet.

Edited by RocketLord
Link to post

Zhenschina-voin

Klara was not a fan of cloths shopping, no big and large store on Earth covered her measurements. What she did enjoy was spending time in the company of other, enjoying the simple pleasures of doing normal everyday things. And whilst London wasn’t Freedom City apart from the odd quick selfie or signature the locals left her mostly alone. Though she have to ask later why someone suggested a large hat would complete the look…

 

I’m sure the baby will love all the gifts! Though it took me many hours to pick a suitable gift, its been a whilst since I’ve shopped for a child.”

 

With a grin she gave a hug to those that will comfortable with such things.

Link to post

Synapse

 

Dee looked at the singlet that Mette was holding up and gave the other woman a warm smile before glancing up toward Klara and smirking slightly. "I am pretty sure Natasha is not at the point where she has much opinion about her clothes, at least so long as they are not terribly uncomfortable." The Englishwoman said to her towering friend as she accepted Klara's hug.

 

She then glanced back to Mette once free, her smile returning. "But I think it is adorable. Thank you." She glanced over to Murine as well, her smile still in place.

 

Shopping was not exactly one of Dee's favorite pastimes, but she was happy to have a chance to get out with her friends. The last few months since she and Erick had become parents had been hectic and sleep deprived, but wonderful and happy as well.

Link to post

Muirne smiled as Mette presented the singlet, turning to a grin as Dee expressed her pleasure with the singlet. "I'm glad you like it, Dee." It had been a while since she'd visited as she'd found herself busy at Claremont, so she was glad that she could spend some time with the other members of Vanguard, and if she could find some nice gifts for Natasha then she was doubly pleased. "Where do we want to go next?"

Link to post

GM

 

Where to next? A question that would probably have to wait.

 

The shopping district was deafened for a brief second. A sound like glass shattering echoed from the sky. Anyone that looked up would see glitter falling from the sky, all across the city, maybe even further. 

 

Tiny little shards of glass.

 

Around the street, the group would see people reacting. Most moving into safety under trees or inside doorways, others not noticing. A man looked up, then started rubbing his eyes. Lookinga round at the people around him, he screamed and started running away from the people he had been happily chatting with moments before.

 

An older man grasped his chest, groaning as he backed up against a wall. He was shivering, a fine sheet of frost slowly starting to cover his body.

Link to post

Zhenschina-voin

I’ve been in Freedom City for a while, so I fancy a decent cup of Yorkshire Tea…”

 

She didn’t get to finish that when trouble literally rained down from the sky. A old well practised hero she went straight into action, knowing the others would be just as capable even if still a little green.

 

I’ll clear the area, someone better check on the… wounded. This does not look good in the slightest.”

 

With her height and a voice that could boom when need she held her hand out to encourage people to get undercover

 

Please everyone move inside, we’re getting thing under control here.”

 

She kept an eye out for anyone that needed help to get under cover, another thing her height really help her with.

Link to post

Little Mermaid II

 

"Hey!" 

 

What was this? It was... all over the place. Didn't seem like it was targeting them or anyone in particular or...

 

"What's going on?"

 

Right. Check on people. Mette was a pro. She could do this. A shimmer came rushed over her body, like a cascading wave, replacing her clothes with her red, white and green uniform. Her hair grew longer. Hopefully everyone was too busy to notice the change, but looking like a hero seemed to bring make more people listen.

 

She hurried to the man grasping his chest.

 

"Hey, are you alright? Everyone, is there a doctor here, I think this guy got heart issues!"

Link to post

Muirne ducked as she heard the shattering, quickly glancing up to see the falling glass before the other two sprang into action. She watched for a moment as Klara took charge of the crowd and Mette went to the old man clutching his chest. The man who started running away looked like he needed help, the others were busy and she could change to her shadow form to protect herself from the glass. She sprinted after the man calling out as she got close, "Hey, you need to get under cover, it's not safe!"

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Synapse

 

It should not have been unexpected that something might happen to disrupt the group’s shopping trip. Dee had long noted the correlation between the likelihood of some crime or disaster and the number of Powers gathered in one place. But the others quickly moved into action, so the new mother did not hesitate in following along.

 

The Englishwoman followed after Mette as the other woman headed toward the man grasping his chest. As she went, she opened up a mental connection between herself and her teammates.

 

I might not be a doctor, but I have a pretty decent first aid training. Dee initially responded to Mette as the drew near before a frown came to her face at the sight of the frost forming on the man. Though, I am not sure that is what is the matter.

Link to post

GM

 

The man running from Muirne was screaming by now. "Stay away! Stay away from me! You're all monsters!" His panic was very real, as he scrambled down the street, stumbling and crawling away, backing up against a wall. "Leave me alone! Just stay away!"

 

The older man was groaning. "It... it hurts." He slumped down as Mette and Dee checked up on him, but they couldn't find anything. 

 

Suddenly, he screamed, clutching his chest once more.

 

Black ice spread out from the left side of his chest, just over his heart, covering his entire body. He stayed frozen for a brief second, then it broke, and the man was gone, replaced with a massive wolf-man creature with dark grey fur. Its mouth seemed impossibly large, even larger as it opened its mouth and howled to the sky.

 

Around them, two young men and a young woman clutched their chests and screamed, before likewise being covered in black ice.

Edited by RocketLord
Link to post

Little Mermaid II

 

Mette was completely fine with admitting that she yelped when the ice broke and the man had been replaced with a giant wolf-man. This was... this was so weird. Like that werewolf thing back in October, but, y'know, different. This guy was big, towering above them, howling to the sky.

 

Her first instinct was to pounce. Hit the guy, send him flying, but... was he going to attack them? He might still be nice, right?

 

She looked at him, saw the look in his lupine eyes, the hunger, the hate and... Nope. This guy was going to eat them if he could.

 

"What do we do?" she asked Dee. She had to know, right? She was the leader here.

Link to post

Zhenshchina-voin

A long trained warrior Klara quickly switched from trying to save people from potential disaster relief to fighting the perceived threat. She’d been a hero long enough to always wear her armour about, she’d gotten so use to it she no longer noticed in her day to day life.

 

It might be a little cliché but she went straight for the biggest and most threatening one here, the werewolf, and gave the creature a massive punch to get’s it attention. Obviously something more was going on, but her part here was as a warrior to keep them busy.

 

I had my fill of werewolves the other month, so if you could move along that would be great.”

 

Link to post

Synapse

 

Dee frowned slightly as Klara immediately engaged the large wolfman. While it was easy to take the creature's appearance as a threat, there was the fact it had just moments ago been an old man who had seemed to have involuntarily been changed.

 

Keep an eye on those other three and see if there is anything you might be able to do to help them. The Englishwoman responded over the mental network she had set up with the other three.

 

With that, she was surrounded by a red glow as she brought up her telekentic forcefield. Then she sent a burst of red psychic energy into the mind of the giant man-wolf, hoping to send him into unconsciousness quickly. However, the towering creature managed to shrug off the mental attack as it sought to recover from Klara's attack.

Link to post

GM

 

The black ice that covered the three others shattered, shards flying everywhere. 

 

In their place stood three humanoids with the heads of pigs. The remains of their clothes hung from their body, their tusks were far longer than they should have been, their eyes were large and bulging. Their arms and legs were long, thick, massively muscled. Their all had little curls on their tails.

 

One little pig ran to the wolf, pulling fat off its own stomach and threw it in the wolf's mouth. The flesh grew back instantly.

 

A second little pig ran to Zhenschina-voin, slamming headfirst into the Russian heroine.

 

The third little pig ran to the leader of the heroes, grunting and oinking as it tried to break through her defenses.

Link to post

Muirne turned in shock as chaos erupted behind her. She turned back to the fleeing man who she'd been pursuing. "Get under cover! It's not safe!" She hoped he'd listen, but for now the others needed her. She spun back around just in time to see the second and third pigs attack Klara and Dee, and felt her blood run cold as they succeeded. In a flash she turned to her Shadowbeast form and had leapt across the battlefield, her claws raking against the third pig. She wasn't going to let them hurt her family.

Link to post

Little Mermaid II

 

Try to help the others? Alright, Mette could try that, but... nope. They broke out, and they were transformed too, becoming pigs... and one of them fed pieces of itself to the wolf.

 

"Aw c'mon. That's just gross!" 

 

Alright, didn't take a genius to figure out that the ice or whatever was turning people into monsters. Klara might have thrown the first punch, but these people clearly didn't have any good intentions. 

 

"I got the little piggie." At least there was no issue with moisture in the air at all. 

 

Waving her right arm to the side, Mette created a burst of water that hit the first pig, pushing it away from the wolf.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...