Jump to content
angrydurf

Keep Their Heads Ringing OOC

Recommended Posts

@Tiffany Korta  @Azuth65  @Kaede Kimura

 

OOC for: Keep Their Heads Ringing

 

The situation is peaceful for the moment but radio chatter and past experience says that could turn on a dime.  Go ahead and put up an intro post for why your characters are nearby, probably to be on hand if it does go south or something similar.  Or if you're out of costume in the crowd.

 

I'll need a DC 25 notice check or DC 15 Knowledged Streetwise check from each of you.

Share this post


Link to post

1d20+10=23, she's distracted by the guy setting up the adult equivalent of a lemonade stand I guess

Share this post


Link to post

Ok Ms.  Bright makes it.  So she'll make the Van as belonging to the Eighty Eights.  And it's rolling up slow on a cluster of locals called the Royals that run a sometimes chop shop out of the Fens.  Royals are mostly harmless, grand theft auto and petty crime, but their boss has big dreams of growing the org so keeps trying to push into new markets.  The way the van is moving through the crowds to not draw attention suggests the Royals may have hit something in 88 territory and the 88's are here for some payback.  Looks like a driveby about to kick off.

 

Initiative Please and Ms. Bright will actually have surprise on the 88s.

 

88's initiative 1d20+2=22

Share this post


Link to post

Ms Bright Initiative: 1d20+5 15

 

Not messing around Ms Bright will pour on the speed and stop the van dead in it's tracks, right through the engine block if she can work up enough energy!

Share this post


Link to post

alright I'm gonna say she autohits the van cus it's moving slow and driver is surprised (Also Van sized target)

 

I assume you're using your base unarmed?  That'd be DC 22 Van's toughness check is 1d20+9=12 Fail by ten means disabled so Yea right through the engine block

 

We kinda end up with two surprise rounds because Bright has surprise on the the 88's adn both have surprise on Star and Gauss.  The above resolves surprise round one.

 

Surprise round two

30   ???   (A mystery)

26   Gauss    3HP     (Uninjured, Surprised no actions)

22  88's    Minions         (5 Remain)

21  Shooting Star    3HP     (Uninjured, Surprised no actions)

15  Ms. Bright    3HP     (Uninjured)

10  Royals    Minions         (10 Remain)

1   Crowd     Bystanders    (Panicked)

 

88's reaction to tiffs smash coming once tiff makes her IC post.

Share this post


Link to post

88's will pile out of the wrecked car and we'll be fully in rounds with Gauss up @Azuth65

 

ROUND 1

30   ???   (A mystery)

26   Gauss    3HP     (Uninjured)

22  88's    Minions         (5 Remain)

21  Shooting Star    3HP     (Uninjured)

15  Ms. Bright    3HP     (Uninjured)

10  Royals    Minions         (10 Remain)

1   Crowd     Bystanders    (Panicked)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

They can not beat that check and are disarmed

 

Sorry @Azuth65  I thought I'd put this in on friday.  Feel free to post the 88's getting disarmed.

Share this post


Link to post

Since Interpose is supposed to be declared before the roll, Alice is going to use it if someone attacks Gauss.

Share this post


Link to post

Probably a good call!

88's action 4 will bolt for cover behind fences or whatever they can get behind.

1 will spend a move action pulling an Item out of the van and his standard to fire at Gauss, which Shooting Star will intercept.  Attack roll 1d20+2=22  would be a crit but he's a minion so just normal damage.  DC 25 Toughness save from Shooting Star.

Share this post


Link to post

Big gun there, beats her impervious. 1d20+12 = 29 Sayeth it's not gonna be a big enough gun though. Cripes I'm glad I declared that Interpose.

 

Alice is going to fly up to the thug with the gun and try to knock him cold. 1d20+3 = 7  Try being the operative word I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post

And yea a 7 misses.  go ahead and post your IC and it'll be Ms. Brights action.

Share this post


Link to post

So they're minions so you could take ten.  But that'll still hit cus they are also not much of a threat. toughness is a 17 so he'll go down.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Gonna say Bright took out the one with the big gun.

 

The Royals will draw their own weapons and open fire on the 88's diving for cover.

 

Two will fire at each with the last two taking pot shots and any left standing 10 x 1d20+1= [9, 16, 6, 5 , 19, 17, 13 , 11, 4, 11]  That'll be a hit on one and two hits on another.  The rest hit surrounding buildings/vehicles it doesn't look like anyone in the crowd is hit, at least not enough to slow them down in the panicked fleeing west down Baltimore with the bulk of the crowd.

 

Toughness saves 3x1d20+4=[6,7,24]  the one hit once is knocked to bleeding out, the one hit twice is knocked to bleeding out but the second bullet doesn't finish him off.

 

 

Crowds Action they panic.  The bulk running down Baltimore Ave toward grenville/ashton.  Some run for doors and other streets that are less crowded but the bulk is moving as a group.

 

DC: 16 notice or sense motive check from everyone success reveals:

Spoiler

There is one member of the crowd not in a generalized panic.  He's moving more like a trained soldier in darting from cover to cover and moving away from most of the crowd.  Unfortunately it looks like some of the Royals have also seen him and are probably gonna open fire Not clear why they would assume he's with the 88's but that looks like what the Royals assume.

 

ROUND 2

30   ???   (A mystery)

26   Gauss    3HP     (Uninjured)

22  88's    Minions         (2 In Cover (+2 ranged def), 2 bleeding out, 1 unconcious)

21  Shooting Star    3HP     (Uninjured)

15  Ms. Bright    3HP     (Uninjured)

10  Royals    Minions         (10 Remain)

1   Crowd     Bystanders    (Panicked)

 

Gauss is up. @Azuth65

Share this post


Link to post

Notice: 1d20+10=22

 

Gauss, despite almost having an RPG blowup in her face, is taking none of the Royals crap either.  Going to do another disarm, 1d20+9=18, I'd like to spend an HP to reroll that...  1d20+9=14 + 10 since the roll was under 10 so 24.

Share this post


Link to post

They can not beat that but though I missed it the first time you don't actually have an AOE move object there.   We'll chalk up the last success with this to them being surprised.  But you can only grab one from the royals or 2 if you use your split attack feat to split your ranks between two of them.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...