The Midnight Society

Thevshi

Amelia's search of the crowd had turned up a couple promising candidates: the Japanese man in the wheelchair, some movie actor who's name was escaping her at the moment, an older man who had hanging off him one very sneaky little thing, and the silver statue. If she was going to reintroduce herself which one was the best choice to spread her new face around?

But boredom snuck in and made an excellent point. Curiosity won out after that. 'I'll let my image take care of itself for once,' she thought, glancing over at the metal man. 'Man of steel, maybe?'

She strode over, swaying her hips a little for the benefit of anyone who cared to see. She stopped next to the man in the wheelchair, turned to look at the silver man, and stuck one hand on her hip. "Well, well, well. My aunt never mentioned anyone like you around."

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amelia's search of the crowd had turned up a couple promising candidates: the Japanese man in the wheelchair, some movie actor who's name was escaping her at the moment, an older man who had hanging off him one very sneaky little thing, and the silver statue. If she was going to reintroduce herself which one was the best choice to spread her new face around?

But boredom snuck in and made an excellent point. Curiosity won out after that. 'I'll let my image take care of itself for once,' she thought, glancing over at the metal man. 'Man of steel, maybe?'

She strode over, swaying her hips a little for the benefit of anyone who cared to see. She stopped next to the man in the wheelchair, turned to look at the silver man, and stuck one hand on her hip. "Well, well, well. My aunt never mentioned anyone like you around."

Benjiro takes a look at the newcomer.

Interesting. Her clothes don't look exclusive enough to have gotten past the greeter here in Snob Central- which means either she's really *someone* or she's got a great deal of chutzpah. Possibly both.

And she's talking about her aunt as if she's dropping a big name. Spoiled celebrity, or something more interesting?

Interesting. Her clothes don't look exclusive enough to have gotten past the greeter here in Snob Central- which means either she's really *someone* or she's got a great deal of chutzpah. Possibly both.

And she's talking about her aunt as if she's dropping a big name. Spoiled celebrity, or something more interesting?

"Good evening Mr. King - ever felt like going into the movie business?"

King smiled back. "No, I can't say that I have, but if anyone could convince me, it'd be you, Mr. Kirk." King dropped his name like they were old friends, and extended his hand to shake. Honestly, King had never seen any of King's movies, but his name was big in Freedom City, big enough to be worth remembering. "Have you met my granddaughter? This is Lucy King. Lucy, this is Adam Kirk."

Randy led Megan off the dance floor and over to the bar. He didn't let go of her hand until she was seated. "What can I get you? I know Lenny . . . " Randy nodded toward the young man who was tending the bar. " . . . He'll hook us up with whatever we want. Name your poison."

King smiled back. "No, I can't say that I have, but if anyone could convince me, it'd be you, Mr. Kirk." King dropped his name like they were old friends, and extended his hand to shake. Honestly, King had never seen any of King's movies, but his name was big in Freedom City, big enough to be worth remembering. "Have you met my granddaughter? This is Lucy King. Lucy, this is Adam Kirk."

Randy led Megan off the dance floor and over to the bar. He didn't let go of her hand until she was seated. "What can I get you? I know Lenny . . . " Randy nodded toward the young man who was tending the bar. " . . . He'll hook us up with whatever we want. Name your poison."

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Kirk took the man's hand - he had a firm grip, but if Adam felt uncomfortable, he didn't show it.

"Have you met my granddaughter? This is Lucy King. Lucy, this is Adam Kirk."
Adam looked at Lucy, giving her a quick up and down. She was attractive, sure, and perhaps another time he may have... he almost actually shook his head, trying to dislodge the thought. "Lovely to meet you." He turned his thoughts quickly back to the more senior King, not meaning to turn his back on Lucy, but achieving just that as he leaned in close to the big man, as if to tell him the biggest secret of the year, "Well, I've got a little film project. It's... well, it's something big - something you're going to want to be a part of. With your money and my vision Mr. King, we could make the greatest film of the Century. It's that simple." Adam wasn't giving away too much at first, just putting a little something forward, testing the waters as it were. There is no doubt that Adam is sincere; he does have something big going on, but he's keeping the specifics to himself, for now.

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Kirk took the man's hand - he had a firm grip, but if Adam felt uncomfortable, he didn't show it.

Adam looked at Lucy, giving her a quick up and down. She was attractive, sure, and perhaps another time he may have... he almost actually shook his head, trying to dislodge the thought. "Lovely to meet you." He turned his thoughts quickly back to the more senior King, not meaning to turn his back on Lucy, but achieving just that as he leaned in close to the big man, as if to tell him the biggest secret of the year, "Well, I've got a little film project. It's... well, it's something big - something you're going to want to be a part of. With your money and my vision Mr. King, we could make the greatest film of the Century. It's that simple." Adam wasn't giving away too much at first, just putting a little something forward, testing the waters as it were. There is no doubt that Adam is sincere; he does have something big going on, but he's keeping the specifics to himself, for now.

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

"Well, I've got a little film project. It's... well, it's something big - something you're going to want to be a part of. With your money and my vision Mr. King, we could make the greatest film of the Century. It's that simple."

"Intriguing," King said, scratching his chin. "But I'm semi-retired, Mr. Kirk. You really need to be talking to one of my business managers or financiers. Call my office on Monday. My assistant will get you the proper names."

"Well, I've got a little film project. It's... well, it's something big - something you're going to want to be a part of. With your money and my vision Mr. King, we could make the greatest film of the Century. It's that simple."

"Intriguing," King said, scratching his chin. "But I'm semi-retired, Mr. Kirk. You really need to be talking to one of my business managers or financiers. Call my office on Monday. My assistant will get you the proper names."

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam smiled to himself, he wanted a more concrete response from the big man, but he knew better than to push the point. He thought about the idea of King financing his film and the thought made him smile. It was poetic, in a very specific way.

"I look very much to working with your people on this." He smiled again, turning back to the room. He'd done what he'd come here to do, and now all of the built up energy needed an outlet. His eyes landed on Lucy. "Well, given the future relationship of the Kings and the Kirks, would you like to dance? You don't mind my asking, Hieronymus?"

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

Adam smiled to himself, he wanted a more concrete response from the big man, but he knew better than to push the point. He thought about the idea of King financing his film and the thought made him smile. It was poetic, in a very specific way.

"I look very much to working with your people on this." He smiled again, turning back to the room. He'd done what he'd come here to do, and now all of the built up energy needed an outlet. His eyes landed on Lucy. "Well, given the future relationship of the Kings and the Kirks, would you like to dance? You don't mind my asking, Hieronymus?"

Adam Kirk

adam.jpg

"Well.. I have not been in the city very long miss, in the grand scheme of things. I am the Emissary, it is a pleasure to meet you."

He inclined his head to her with an entirely amiable smile.

"Well.. I have not been in the city very long miss, in the grand scheme of things. I am the Emissary, it is a pleasure to meet you."

“I’ll just stick with a virgin margarita.†Megan said with a smile to Randy and the man behind the bar he had introduced.