• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a KN: Tech roll, I will give you +4 on the roll from Eidetic Memory (based on having made a good roll earlier when examining some of the alterations the antibodies were making and Frost having probably studied schematics of the reactor at some point in the past)

Okay, Frost is able to determine the Communion has been rewiring things to overcharge the reactor and use the entire Lighthouse as some sort of weapon against Earth.  He does not believe the reconfiguration is done yet and he can probably divert the excess energy building up back through the Lightouse’s systems to dissipate it.  It might damage a number of systems, but is probably the safest way of dealing with the powersurge.

Round Eleven 

52 Velocity (bruised, 4 HP)
25 Fleur de Joie (bruised, 3 HP)
19 Gaian Knight (bruised, 3 HP)
14 Gabriel (bruised, 2 HP)
10 Boarding party 9 (4 left)
8 Antibody horde
7 Tiamat (bruised 2)
3 Comrade Frost (unharmed, 3 HP) 

Velocity will head through the portal first, once on the other side, she will power attack (-5 atk/+5 dam) and Defensive Attack (-4 atk/+4 def) and use her targeted area attack, Taking 10 to hit.  (DC 30 toughness save).   

Antibodies (rolling in groups of five): only 5 out of 50 make their toughness saves.

Velocity will then Surge for a move action to call back to the others.

Hrm. If they were ranged attackers I'd say he'd create cover, but they don't seem to be! So I guess we'll continue on with our good friend Area Attack.

He'll step through and hit whoever he can - same old, same old. DC23 Reflex, DC28 Toughness.

Okay, for simplicity's sake, I will say Gaian is able to catch the next closest 50 antibodies in his area attack.  Rolling for them in groups of 5, half of them make their reflex saves and avoid the effect with Evasion.   

Those that missed the reflex save make toughness saves: all missing them, so 25 go down.

Gabriel takes up a position where he can keep an eye on the entrance to the room and the portal as he guards Frost. 

All the antibodies still active in the hanger are too far to get to anyone in this round, so they spend a round moving forward, pressing into larger groups as they close in. 

And Tiamat is up!

Aw, how kind of them to group up.

Tiamat moves into the hangar, shifts to full-on dragon, and surges (GK'll spend the HP to waive the fatigue) to blast anyone she can fit in her 110' fire breath cone. DC21 Reflex, DC26 Toughness.

Okay, going to move us onward as Frost works on redirecting the power build up in the reactor.  (Go ahead and post when you can AA)

Round Twelve 

52 Velocity (bruised, 4 HP)
25 Fleur de Joie (bruised, 3 HP)
19 Gaian Knight (bruised, 2 HP)
10 Boarding party 9 (4 left)
8 Antibody horde
7 Tiamat (bruised 2)
3 Comrade Frost (unharmed, 2 HP)

Velocity will spend a HP to remove fatigue and then move forward and unleash her targeted AoE in the middle of a mass of antibodies.  Power Attack (-5 atk/+5 dam); Defensive Attack (-4 atk/+4 def). 

I will say she catches 120 in the attack:   Saves vs DC 30: not a single group of five made their saves.  Given the knockback, I will say Velocity catches another 40 with flying antibodies, they have a DC 22 toughness save: only 15 fail that save. 

Velocity will then continue further into the ship.

Well, luckily there are lots of antibody groups to choose from.  So, that is 15 five foot cubes.  For simplicity sake, I will say she can catch 50 of them in that.   

Reflex save vs area effect: only one group of five is able to avoid the area effect. 

Refles save vs snare: none of the 45 caught in the area avoid the snare.  (technically at least a few should only be ensnared, but they are minions, so we will just go with worst result). 

Go ahead and post, and Gaian is up!

How much of a dent have we made in the horde? Is the currently-present group functionally endless, or do they appear to be getting reinforced from anywhere in particular?

If we have reinforcement problems, GK's likely to block off what he can to (1) limit their avenues of attack while (2) not, y'know, trapping Velocity or keeping her from getting back.

Edited by Fox

I will say you have managed to cut them down to about half now.  At the moment, there are no apparent reinforcements arriving, but, there are various entrances they could use to send in reinforcements.  

As for blocking Velocity, Gaian would know that she can vibrate her molecules fast enough to run through objects.

Alrighty. GK's going to block as many of the entrances as he can with his Create Object (13 50' cubes), except for the main entrance - and if there isn't an apparent main entrance, he'll pick a biggish one or two in whatever he perceives as 'the middle' to keep unblocked. Even if he can't block Velocity off, who knows who may have to venture out!

Toughness Save vs. Antibody, DC25 (Bruise x2): 1d20+15-2 30
Silly antibodies. She's all armored up!

And in return, she's going to smack them around a bit. Alas, she's light on combat feats, so she's limited to the +2/-2 on Accurate Attack, and the same on All-Out Attack.
Melee Attack Roll vs. Antibody (Accurate Attack +2/-2): 1d20+7+2 29
....hahahaha. Thatta girl!
DC30 (-2 from accurate attack, +2 from all-out), and I'll just take the straight +5 from the crit for a DC35 Toughness save...except minions get one-hit KO'd on crits, wheee. And she'll cheerfully use Takedown 1 to inflict that on any targets within her +10' dragon-y reach.

She's at -2 defense until her next turn.

Edited by Fox

Okay, sorry for the delay.  It is possible the antibodies could a Natural 20 on their toughness saves and survive, but I will not bother.  So, Tiamat is able to take down all the antibodies that attacked her, and Fleur and Gaian.  So, go ahead and post!

Hmm, appears I forgot to post a GM post for the antibodies attacking.  Oh well, no worries.

Frost is up AA if you are ready to do a post with him dealing with the energy spikes!  (and by extension taking out the antibodies on the hull of the Lighthouse that are trying to rewire things through the surge).

Okay, going to try to get this wrapped up!  Probably going to go light on rolls at this point. 

Round Thirteen 

52 Velocity (bruised, 3 HP)
25 Fleur de Joie (bruised, dazed (round 12), 3 HP)
19 Gaian Knight (bruised, 2 HP)
8 Antibody horde
7 Tiamat (bruised 2)
3 Comrade Frost (unharmed, 2 HP) 

Velocity will run to the back of the ship and set off her Sonic Boom near the power core at its highest area effect.  The Communion ship gets a 24 for its toughness save vs DC 30, so is badly damaged.  Lots of other systems are damaged or destroyed and antibodies taken out.

Fleur is up if you want to remove the daze E!