Movies

Some people like watching trailers and clips.

Some do not.

No one is forcing those who do not want to view them to click those links.

Agreed. The clips were clearly labeled. It's not like people were tricked into watching them. They weren't profane or offensive. There's no reason to give DocA any crap for posting them.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not talking about that. What I mean is, that people got crazy with the trailers and sneak peeks lately, building up their hype beyond belief, so much that I cant go two steps without getting into a trailer. Seriously, even news sities are tired of this- toppless robot is often annoyed with it as well. But hey, I know how marketing works, so you dont have to explain that it boosts the sales, makes more people go to cinema and stuff, I know that. Its still annoying though.

Yea, that always happens. No point in complaining about something that's been a mainstay of our economy for many years now. It clearly isn't going anywhere. It's annoying, but it is just another thing that we put up with. One of the many costs of freedom. *smells the freedom in the air*

• 3 weeks later...

Finally saw Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths last night (via Wii-streamed Netflix).

This started life as the script for a direct to DVD episode of Justice League that was to bridge the gap between the "Starcrossed" storyline and the beginning of Justice League Unlimited.

Overall, I enjoyed it. My only real complaint was Mark Harmon as Superman; every time I heard him I thought of Gibbs from NCIS. James Woods did a great job as the nihilistic Owlman, and Gina Torres and Brian Bloom did quite well as Superwoman and Ultraman.

The actual disc comes with a Spectre short; it was up on YouTube but last I checked it had been taken down.

• 1 month later...

Indeed. I think the trailer looks cool. Also, it was pointed out that it looks like Thor spends much of the movie as "McNormalpants". I'm strangely comfortable with this. At least as long as there's plenty of "THOR GOD OF THUNDER!" in the climactic bits. After all, Ed Norton got more screen time than the Hulk in Incredible Hulk, and I was totally okay with that. I don't see why the same can't be pulled off with this movie.

It is worth noting, however, that you could probably screw this thing up pretty easily. Let's hope that's not the case, ey? *crosses fingers*

• 1 month later...

Guillermo del Toro on HELLBOY 3 delay:

Hellboy, a fun film about a demon who defends humanity, hit theaters in 2004. Its equally fun sequel, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, came out in 2008. If this were a math puzzle, we'd logically deduce that Hellboy 3 should be released in ... four plus eight equals ... 2012. But ... no. Writer/director Guillermo del Toro explains why.

Del Toro recently told MTV News that the only thing standing between him and Hellboy III is the star—Ron Perlman.

"I had dinner with [Perlman] last night. He said 'six hours [in the makeup chair], what do you want?'" said del Toro. "And he's doing Sons of Anarchy without makeup. He's spoiled! He likes to be the big cheese without the makeup session."

In other words, when choosing between playing a bad-boy biker in Sons of Anarchy and the heroic Big Red, Perlman took the path of least makeup.

This comes as sad news to del Toro, who has plans to kill off our demon hero ... a fate the director calls "facing his destiny."

"I would love to do it," continued del Toro. "But the heartbreak for me is that I know how it ends and I don't know if I want to see that ending. But I would love to do it."

But writer of the Hellboy comic book, Mike Mignola, is okay with any delay in Perlman's availability.

"The problem is, what del Toro's talked about to me is that Hellboy III would be the end of Hellboy," said Mignola. "And here's where we have the big conflict. My version of Hellboy in the comics is a finite story, but it's going to take me 15 years to get to the ending. If he makes Hellboy III and it's the death of Hellboy, I'm left doing the comic going, 'But I'm not done yet.'"

So although Perlman's current commitment to his TV show seems like bad news for Hellboy fans, we can take comfort in knowing that at least Hellboy III won't be going forward without Perlman.

The first Hellboy movie was pretty awesome. Could've been better, but it could've been a lot worse. The sequel was a festering pustule on the asscrack of cinema, a stinker in a summer full of them. It fit right in with the likes of The Mummy 3, Hancock, Righteous Kill, and the crown jewel of fecal matter itself, Indiana Jones 4.

I love the comic book, and Mignola's work in general. I've loved Ron Perlman in every role I've ever seen him play, and I agreed that he was perfectly cast. Del Toro's work as a director is a lot more hit-or-miss. While Hellboy stoked my enthusiasm for seeing Big Red on the big screen, The Golden Army threw that enthusiasm to the ground, slit its throat open, and held it open until it bled out. At this point, I'm leaning towards hoping a third movie never gets made at all.

I'll never understand why they didn't just adapt The Conqueror Worm for the second movie, like all the fans thought they would.

The first Hellboy movie was pretty awesome. Could've been better, but it could've been a lot worse. The sequel was a festering pustule on the asscrack of cinema, a stinker in a summer full of them. It fit right in with the likes of The Mummy 3, Hancock, Righteous Kill, and the crown jewel of fecal matter itself, Indiana Jones 4.

Hey, Hancock's actually good if you walk out when Charlize Theron appears. :P

• 2 months later...