Movies

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This does indeed look super-cool; I really love this trend of non-action movie directors who are secretly nerds making action movies, because they care enough to get the details right.

And yeah, that suitcase armor is so damn sick! 8-)

I saw Alice in Wonder Land over the weekend. I liked it. The 3D was a nice touch, but wasn't an integral part of the movie like it was for Avatar. I wouldn't pay any extra money to see it in 3D.

I thought the take on the story was quite interesting. But the ending left me wanting. There was an appropriate amount of resolution, but the addition of the final scene seemed rather forced. I think it simply could have been left off after Alice's dance.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Alice, too, and to be honest was kind of bored watching it; lots of Tim Burton films look great but don't grab me or pluck my heartstrings, and this was one of them. And you're right, other than the caterpiller's smoke and the Cheshire Cat, 3D was kind of wasted on this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Clash of The Titans was one of the worst movies I've seen in years. It was just boring. The script was awful, there were no good lines, the actors had nothing to work with, and the action and effects never made up for it. You saw all the best moments in the trailer, including 2/3 of The Kraken's total screen time.

Don't bother with it. It was a complete waste of time and money for all involved, the viewers and producers alike.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw Kick-Ass recently and ... it was good. Really good :) Not much from the source was changed (granted, I havent finished the graphic novel), there was enough action, humor and suspense to keep me interrested and entertained for the whole time. The only gripe I have, is Nickolas Cage as Big Daddy. My god, Im not sure if his acting was so awesome its beyond me... or so bad its horrible, as if he didnt even try to make his lines sound remotely natural. Its not a good sign when a preteen girl does a better job than famous and experianced Hollywood actor. Also, some of the stuff that in comics came out of nowhere, here were obvious from the start, like the appearance and identity of Red Mist or first appearance of Hit Girl and Big Daddy.

But hey, details, details. I liked it, oh so very much :)

Just saw Kick-Ass recently and ... it was good. Really good :) Not much from the source was changed (granted, I havent finished the graphic novel), there was enough action, humor and suspense to keep me interrested and entertained for the whole time. The only gripe I have, is Nickolas Cage as Big Daddy. My god, Im not sure if his acting was so awesome its beyond me... or so bad its horrible, as if he didnt even try to make his lines sound remotely natural. Its not a good sign when a preteen girl does a better job than famous and experianced Hollywood actor. Also, some of the stuff that in comics came out of nowhere, here were obvious from the start, like the appearance and identity of Red Mist or first appearance of Hit Girl and Big Daddy.

But hey, details, details. I liked it, oh so very much :)

Dude, he was playing Adam West. And it was AWESOME.

Yes, I did and I know. But to avarage viewer (ie: one that doesnt spend hours on wikipedia or youtube) this is just bad acting, period.

Look at it another way. We're introduced to the character emptying rounds into his daughter. Of course he doesn't sound like a normal person. He's bat**** ****ing crazy.