Movies

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This afternoon I watched the Disney cartoon Tarzan with a three year old. We loved it, though *one* of us (I won't say which one) was a little scared when the tiger attacked. :o

The music is so great. I give it an A. I would have given it an A+, but I thought the voice of Terk (Tarzan's gorilla cousin) was pretty annoying.

Minnie Driver has the greatest voice . . . ever!

I liked this movie a lot, especially Minnie's voice (didn't like Rosie/Terk), but I will never forgive Phil Collins for winning the Oscar for Best Song that year; he was up against 'Blame Canada' from the South Park movie, 'Save Me' by Aimee Mann from Magnolia, and 'When She Loved Me' by Randy Newman from Toy Story 2 and he frickin' won! Any of the others, I would have been delighted, but ol' Phil got the win; this will literally bug me until the day I die :evil:

(hmm, I guess it was also up against 'Music of My Heart' by Diane Warren, but I don't remember it.)

This afternoon I watched the Disney cartoon Tarzan with a three year old. We loved it, though *one* of us (I won't say which one) was a little scared when the tiger attacked. :o

The music is so great. I give it an A. I would have given it an A+, but I thought the voice of Terk (Tarzan's gorilla cousin) was pretty annoying.

Minnie Driver has the greatest voice . . . ever!

I liked this movie a lot, especially Minnie's voice (didn't like Rosie/Terk), but I will never forgive Phil Collins for winning the Oscar for Best Song that year; he was up against 'Blame Canada' from the South Park movie, 'Save Me' by Aimee Mann from Magnolia, and 'When She Loved Me' by Randy Newman from Toy Story 2 and he frickin' won! Any of the others, I would have been delighted, but ol' Phil got the win; this will literally bug me until the day I die :evil:

(hmm, I guess it was also up against 'Music of My Heart' by Diane Warren, but I don't remember it.)

...was Barnum one of the women?

Yes. I play the role of Eric, Sebastian, King Triton, Ursula the Sea Witch, Scuttle . . . and anyone else who might sing (including Ariel).

My cousin plays Ariel the Princess (of course). We get married at the end and dance at the wedding (because according to her that's what married people do at weddings). :)

'When She Loved Me' by Randy Newman from Toy Story 2

Awwww, I love that song. Sooooooo good.

...was Barnum one of the women?

Yes. I play the role of Eric, Sebastian, King Triton, Ursula the Sea Witch, Scuttle . . . and anyone else who might sing (including Ariel).

My cousin plays Ariel the Princess (of course). We get married at the end and dance at the wedding (because according to her that's what married people do at weddings). :)

'When She Loved Me' by Randy Newman from Toy Story 2

Awwww, I love that song. Sooooooo good.

Now, time to dive into the filth that is, Aliens Versus Predator 2!

This movie made my insides squirm and my faith of movie directors was just destroyed. Why? Because is was the biggest piece of #@!* in the existence of the Aliens, and predator, history. Even worse than dreaded Alien: Resurrection. Well, it's better than the first AvP. So many plot holes!

Chest-burster's spawning in a matter of minutes, Humans being able to operate predator weapons, Aliens going gung-ho. The list goes on...

Thoughts on this movie?

Now, time to dive into the filth that is, Aliens Versus Predator 2!

This movie made my insides squirm and my faith of movie directors was just destroyed. Why? Because is was the biggest piece of #@!* in the existence of the Aliens, and predator, history. Even worse than dreaded Alien: Resurrection. Well, it's better than the first AvP. So many plot holes!

Chest-burster's spawning in a matter of minutes, Humans being able to operate predator weapons, Aliens going gung-ho. The list goes on...

Thoughts on this movie?

What's so bad about humans being able to use Predator weapons? Especially when the Pred had modified it to work like a handgun? It's not like they have radically non-humanoid hands that would prevent a human from manipulating it, and, being a Hunter culture, most of their personal tech would be of the "easy to use" variety.

And unlike the first AvP, here there could actually be a reason why the Chest Bursters burst so quickly (or, at least the ones directly implanted by the Predalien Queen) -- the Predator DNA in it made them mature faster.

What's so bad about humans being able to use Predator weapons? Especially when the Pred had modified it to work like a handgun? It's not like they have radically non-humanoid hands that would prevent a human from manipulating it, and, being a Hunter culture, most of their personal tech would be of the "easy to use" variety.

And unlike the first AvP, here there could actually be a reason why the Chest Bursters burst so quickly (or, at least the ones directly implanted by the Predalien Queen) -- the Predator DNA in it made them mature faster.

Archville, he knew how to operate the weapon, how much ammunition it has and how to reload. Granted, the 1st and the 3rd reason aren't valid as it is essentially a one handed shotgun, but the ammo counter is a bunch of glyphs.

The fact is though, i have grown up believing that Chest burster's come out after days of incubation, so did Aliens, and Alien 3, and even the trash that was Alien Resurrection kept to that threshold.

Plus, very anti climactic. I wanted to see the Predator and PredAlien fight each other to the death. Then what happens? The US drop a nuke on the town. However, the US were smart in doing that, so I applaud them for their bad-assness.

Archville, he knew how to operate the weapon, how much ammunition it has and how to reload. Granted, the 1st and the 3rd reason aren't valid as it is essentially a one handed shotgun, but the ammo counter is a bunch of glyphs.

The fact is though, i have grown up believing that Chest burster's come out after days of incubation, so did Aliens, and Alien 3, and even the trash that was Alien Resurrection kept to that threshold.

Plus, very anti climactic. I wanted to see the Predator and PredAlien fight each other to the death. Then what happens? The US drop a nuke on the town. However, the US were smart in doing that, so I applaud them for their bad-assness.

When did he reload the thing? And with what? I honestly don't recall seeing him do anything more than shoot it and shake it/yell at it when it didn't work.

And that timeframe works fine, for those movies. Which were more about horror (the first one especially) than action, whereas this was just explosive action. Horror tends to work better with a slow timeframe, action calls for speed. (And, as I said, there is a potential in-story explanation for why the Predalien's chestbursters gestated so quickly.)

Agreed ;)

When did he reload the thing? And with what? I honestly don't recall seeing him do anything more than shoot it and shake it/yell at it when it didn't work.

And that timeframe works fine, for those movies. Which were more about horror (the first one especially) than action, whereas this was just explosive action. Horror tends to work better with a slow timeframe, action calls for speed. (And, as I said, there is a potential in-story explanation for why the Predalien's chestbursters gestated so quickly.)

Agreed ;)

I didn't even bother with this one - the first one was so terrible. It's such a shame. C'mon, the aliens on Earth? Give me a break! They had a perfectly good storyline already in the game, and then they had to stuff it up. I hated the world for about 10 minutes after I walked out of that first film, I didn't want to have to do that again (or worse) by seeing the second.

I didn't even bother with this one - the first one was so terrible. It's such a shame. C'mon, the aliens on Earth? Give me a break! They had a perfectly good storyline already in the game, and then they had to stuff it up. I hated the world for about 10 minutes after I walked out of that first film, I didn't want to have to do that again (or worse) by seeing the second.

• 1 month later...