GM

Geckoman and Sandman found themselves face to face on opposite ends of locked double wide door.  It took no less than a few seconds of awkward facial expressions to confirm that the doors were soundproof from one another.  One costumed man looking at another not a word heard between them.  Luckily, the doors were not smell proof.  Allowing Geckoman to confirm that the man on the other end of the door was not who he was after.  Doing nothing to help the fact that the scent he was tracking led past the other end of the door.

Tristan's efforts seemed to be a success outwardly.  Although, both patients infection had been spreading at an inhuman rate, the treatment did seem to slow the rate of the symptoms.  Unlike Jill, the young doctor had no way to quickly confirm if the results of his treatment would outright cure them though his distrust of magic at least planted the seed of doubt.  Still his call to action had motivated the medical personnel.  Willing to march with the unknown doctor straight into the fire.  "Doctor, we have a list of numbers to the other reception desks.  But, no heads of any departments are answering their pages."

While Maybelle Queen listened closely for Jill O Cure's plan of action.  The pounding on the Emergency Room door got louder and more violent.  It wasn't clear how much longer it would hold.  But, the security was being put to the test right in front of them.  Although the staff in the immediate area seemed somewhat calmed by the fact that three real life superheroes had suddenly appeared.  Not stopping to question how they got in the area in the first place.

Outside the hospital the situation was no less dire.  Jack had a ringside seat as an ambulance sped towards the hospital from about two blocks away.  After it sped through two red lights, it became clear that the vehicle had no plans on stopping.  And there was suddenly a risk of it crashing headlong in the building.

Damn it!  This was up to him, then, until Tristan could find someone else to take charge.  What were the odds anyone outranking him in experience or raw talent was already drooling blood onto the tile floor?  He sensed the overwhelming workload ahead of him, like a wave he couldn't possibly outswim or rise above, but by all the gods he'd never believed in, he had to try, or it would drown him and everyone else in the hospital. 

"Stay here and page for help if his or your symptoms worsen," he ordered the infected doctor, motioning between the man and the younger patient-zero.  "I wish I could move you both to a common room and watch you and all the other patients at once, but I can't risk you infecting anyone else, or being infected again with something new.  Just stay calm; we'll all get through this.  Everyone else, with me!"

Tristan hurried from the room, hopefully with whatever meager help he had behind him.  "Contact the reception desks and see to it that they stay staffed on any floor that has patients; they'll be our lines of communication.  We have to stay connected from floor to floor; we can't waste time running up and down stairwells just to pass messages.  Get me a rough and fast overview of the different pockets of outbreaks across the hospital, and whatever medical professionals who're still healthy enough to work.  Doctors, nurses, interns, janitors who know CPR--we need anyone we can use.  Lastly, I need to know where the worst infections are.  Priority to lethal diseases; we don't have the resources to waste on anyone who isn't actively dying.  Point me toward the worst of it, and I'll handle that department myself."

If they were willing to follow him into the fire, then well and good...but that meant Tristan would have to run straight into the hottest part of the blaze himself.

• 1 month later...

Confronted with the door and the fellow costumed adventurer on the other side Sandman pursed his lips, it would be a simple matter to bypass the door through the dreamlands as he had previous ones but in all likelyhood the man on the other side had a reason to be traveling in this direction.  The doors sealed for both security and quarantine however this was no normal outbreak there was more to this than medicine knew that much was clear.  Steeling himself the dream guardian summoned the Sands of Slumber to duty once more, the fine grains working themselves into the crevices and gripping the door tightly before with a gesture he flung them open and regarded the green clad hero inquisitively, "Something has gone terribly wrong here, some force is spreading disease at impossible rates and summoning foul parasites, possibly to spread them further."  he intoned ominously a flicker of a frown crossing his face as he not for hte first time thought he was spending too much time under Phantom tutelage.  "We need to find whatever is responsible and put a stop to it."  he couldn't offer much more unfortunately but he hoped the other hero had another piece of this puzzle.

"Attacking an ambulance? Goggles is going to think I'm stealing his shtick," Jack mused aloud to no-one in particular as he arced through the air between buildings from the end of his grappling line. He triggered the release of the claw and somersaulted freely over the street while sparks from a power line transformer crackled violently before rushing toward him. The vibrant blade of electricity formed in his palm just as he landed in a three point crouch atop the speeding vehicle, jabbing his sword into the roof and anchoring himself against the wind whipping against his masked face. Scrambling with slightly less grace than he might have liked he maneuvered himself closer to one side and leaned over the side to look into the driver's side window.