A murmur, maybe of disappointment, maybe of something else, went through the Lor troops at Cavalier's and Eclipse' speeches - followed shortly by the escape of the Voidrunner. "Keep-no," said Frankan, shaking her head as she spoke into her communicator. "Let them go. Terran system observers wouldn't...understand the situation. Come back to the station and pick us up." Her pale cheeks had flushed pink for a moment as she stared out the window - but by the time she turned back to the crew in the bar, her voice was quiet and purring; the Grand Nauarchus was back in control. "Captain Eclipse, I will see to it that your contract is honored to the letter. Knight Stewart, I will take your advice under consideration, as per the Republic's signed protocols in our dealings with the Star Knights Corps. And as for you," she added, turning to Rock, "I hope you'll change your mind. A being of your nobility deserves a place of honor among the defenders of the Republic." When that didn't seem likely to happen, she made a small sigh before gesturing to her troops. 

"It's time to go." As the troops prepared for their departure, the Grand Nauarchus seemed to feel that her words hadn't been enough yet. "And just for the record, history may choose to damn me for what we're doing to protect the Republic. But what we're doing will make sure that it's Lor historians doing the damning. And that, Captain Eclipse, is all the justification I need - all the justification that any Lor needs after the fall of our home." 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic