Great. In the middle of one gigantic detainment ship currently being remote controlled by an escaped prisoner with one hell of a body count. Cavalier was just waiting for the little puppet to wheel out on a tricycle. Of course, Mater Vrynda was patched in there with him, and he did have a connection to one of the best AIs in the galaxy...

"Mentor," Cavalier said over his private subvocal comms link. "I'm on a ship in orbit around Dreeda III, on a Lor detainment ship, being gloated at by a complete psychopath. I'm opening my network and establishing a localized connection; let me know if you can trace the signal."

In the meantime, even the galaxy's best computer would need some time over such a distant connection. So... time to buy time. "Well, you got us. I guess you want us all pinned down like butterflies so you can tell us about your genius. Go on. What do I look like with the good bag and the cheap shoes?" 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aya looked past the gaggle of politicos and their subdued bodyguards, to where the Praetorians were doing a good job handling the rest of the criminals. They didn't need her help over there, and the faster this group got a handle on the situation the sooner they would all be able to catch the criminals. "Start talking," she said, directing her words at the head of the committee. "Where is Pheydyn holding up? What kind of guards has she warped to protect herself? You better start talking, you've already attacked a duly appointed representative of the Republic."

Moon-moth could tell by the tone of the womans voice that he really really didn't like her, she was one of those people who thought they were too clever for morality, too powerful for constraint and revelled in it, giving a bit of a sideways glance to cavalier at the mention of pinned butterflies he shortly joins the debate "Indeeds, it is quite a conundrum is it nots? here and yet by all other sources, not..." altering his illusions slighty to make the sar-lans position seem to change on its own navigational sensors "Control someones perception and you control their reality." he says as he resumes the original black out reading  "Come peacefully or be taken forcefully." he says in his best impression of a stern voice

GM

Aboard the Sar-Lan 

"I was wondering who the Republic might eventually send looking for us, and you are certainly exceeding my expectations thus far."  Replied the female Lor.  "And yes, as one of you has surmised, I am X'madi." 

"But my location is likely to not be your top concern.  Somewhere on the Sar-Lan are the Lor crew members that survived our takeover.  The question is will you be able to find them and get them to safely before the sentry robots aboard cause too much damage and breech the vessel's hull, or overload the reactor." 

At that, half a dozen humanoid robots emerged from some of the detention cells in the room Cavalier and Moon-Moth were currently standing in.  Several of them showed signs of having been damaged and repaired, as they aimed their left weapon arms toward the ceiling or floor and began to open fire.  The Praetorian and Star Knight could hear similar energy weapon fire echoing from elsewhere nearby. 

Plugged into the ship's systems, Mater Vyrdna heard similar weapons fire throughout the Sar-Lan….. 

On the surface of Dreeda III 

The Lor government official was still lying on the ground where one of the large humanoids had pushed him when Corona stepped over and began demanding answers.  Seresk, the hulking reptilian Praetorian moved over toward the remaining large humanoid on its feet, glowering down at the criminal to dissuade any thought it might have of trying to attack Corona while her attention was focused on the Lor official.

The official looked up at Corona, shock and fear on his face.  "I…I didn't attack anyone!  They forced me to accompany them here to learn who you were."  The official exclaimed.  "They threatened my family!  After what they did to the governor and police chief when they arrived a few cycles ago, no one has dared disobey them."

"I….I don't know which one Pheydyn is, but the Lor female leading them has taken over the governor's offices as her headquarters."

With all the other criminals seemingly under control, Paradigm turned her attention to the last two standing near her, Dragonid and Kharag.  The weapons they were wielding had little chance of harming her, so she was willing to give them one more chance to surrender. 

Gliding down towards the pair, the Naram positioned herself between the two aliens and her fellow Praetorians.  "Your weapons cannot harm me and the rest of your allies are unconscious or have surrendered.  I suggest you surrender as well, or face the consequences."  She made a small gesture to the two Praetorians standing behind her, who had turned toward the remaining two criminals.

Damnit. Cavalier hated when they tried to be clever. He raised his blaster again, feeling the cylinders inside of it shift as a new loadout clicked into place. Without even having the decency to launch a comeback, he aimed the blaster at one of the security drones and fired, seeking to hit center of mass. He'd thought the prison ship would include some matter of EMP shielding on their security detail, which was why he'd cranked up the blast for both precision and power. But as the robot went still as scrap metal and clattered to the floor, limbs locked in place, he realized he may have overcompensated a little. 

"Still got a ways to go," he muttered to himself. He then switched on his comms. "Mater, I have a rough location planetside. Beaming you the coordinates now."

Aya narrowed her eyes and gave the armed guards a hard look. "Let's talk specifics," she said. "What happened to the governor and the police chief? Where is the governor's office, and what kind of defenses does it have? And the most important question is, how many ships have left this planet since the Sar-Lan appeared?"

GM

The large humanoid that had been accompanying the Lor bureaucrat may have been subdued by Corona's forceful command, but he appeared unwilling to answer any of the Lor officer's questions.  The terrified Lor seemed distressed at being treated as one of the criminals.  "I...the governor..."

But he was never able to finish the sentence, as a faint BOOM echoed from somewhere off among the buildings near the spaceport.  Almost instantly, a green blur streaked over toward Kharag, as the four armed insectoid came at the Praetorian, swinging one of his thin arms at supersonic speed.  Only millennia of battle allowed Kharag to avoid the attack, rolling away as Procyus continued zooming past, moving around the landing pad the Devotion rested on to circle back around.

Meanwhile, another rapidly moving, if somewhat slower, figure sped onto the landing pad, heading over toward Corona, Seresk and the group still around them.  Corona heard a hiss as Varlis came into view, aiming a blaster pistol at her and firing off several blast in a moment.  Seresk stepped in front of the Lor Officer, two of the blasts striking the Praetorian, but failing to penetrate his scaly hide, as Varlis sped past as well. 

From where he had positioned himself, Huhunu decided it was likely time to intervene, setting his weapon to sniper mode and turning to track the fast moving Procyus.  The Imukarea marine exhaled and fired.  The blast was all but invisible, as it struck Procyus on one side, causing the speedster to stagger a half step, but otherwise did not slow him down. 

Over by Traveller, a rift appeared in the air as the short, vaguely feminine robotic form of Rux emerged.  A plasma blade extended from one of her hands, which the Mekirri slashed at the Praetorian.  But Traveller was able to dodge aside, as another rift appeared in the air and Rux leapt in, disappearing as the rift closed behind her. 

Back at the edge of the landing pad, a male humanoid with robotic arms and legs came hurtling through the air after a leap, landing a few dozen yards from Kharag and creating cracks in the pavement as he landed.  Standing back upright, Sullek turned his gaze on the Praetorian, as he drew a large sword from a sheath on his back. 

Back over toward the center of the landing pad, Seresk briefly followed Varlis as the reptilian speedster moved away, then glanced back over his shoulder at the large humanoid still near him and Corona. "In case the arrival of your allies increases your resolve."  The reptilian Praetorian stated, swinging his long tail with the mace like ball at the end at the criminal.  The tail-mace hit the criminal square in the chest with tremendous force, knocking him off his feet and sending him flying dozens of yards away, where he landed in a heap, apparently out of the fight. 

Two flying figures approached the landing pad as well, one a female humanoid with dull black skin and short white hair and a pair of black, hawk like wings.  The other was a male humanoid with long dark black hair and a long coat.  The two approached Dragonid where he hovered in the air, the female sending a sonic blast at the Praetorian, while the male unleashed a bolt of lightning.  Dragonid managed to bank to one side, dodging both attacks as he turned to face his attackers. 

Kharag regarded Sullek for a moment as a faint smile came to his face.  "Finally!  A challenge worthy of Kharag!"  With that, the Praetorian rushed forward, aiming a strike at the criminal's head.  But Sullek was ready, easily dodging aside as he moved to one side to create some room between him and his opponent. 

Another figure came leaping through the air, this one aimed at Paradigm.  A female humanoid with dark brown hair and covered in rocky armor slammed into the Naram, delivering a powerful blow that managed to daze the Praetorian, although it did nothing to budge her from where she hovered in the air.  Adiri landed on the ground near Paradigm, pavement breaking under her weight as she landed, ready to follow up on her attack.

Aya moved to dodge the blaster shot, but Seresk was even faster and stepped in front of her, the blaster bolts sizzling against his hide. All hell was exploding around them, so the Lor officer merely noted the beefy Praetorian punching out the hapless criminals. Instead she scanned the landing area, her aura springing up around her and levitating her off the ground. She flashed forward, charging the armed alien and smashing into him. "You are under arrest," she growled. "Disarm yourself and stand down, and you'll be treated with all due courtesy."

Although Paradigm had not been budged by Adiri's attack, the powerful blow had managed to hurt the Naram paragon.  As her vision blurred slightly and stars appeared, Paradigm forced herself to move and focus on her attacker. 

As her vision began to refocus, Paradigm quickly launched a punch at the rocky Adiri.  The sudden attack caught the Geox by surprise, hitting her squarely in the jaw. 

*WHAM* 

The powerful impact kicked up loose debris around the two.  However, Adiri stood motionless, barely seeming to register the blow.  Realizing that this was not going to be easy, Paradigm ready herself for the coutnerattack...

In her many years of combat she’d learned what a pain in the arse and something you’d wanted to deal with as quickly as you could. Her armour now fully deployed she activated the suits anti-gravs taking to the air and towards whom she guessed was Rux.

As she got closer to optimal range she clipped to two part of her Power Pike together and with a flourish she rested the pike on her shoulder to get a good solid shot. Everything in place she fired off a single blast of energy for a good solid hit. Though apparently it didn’t apparently do much damage to the villainous robot.

GM 

On the surface of Dreeda III: 

Leveling back out after dodging the sonic and lightning blasts sent his way, Dragonid regained some altitude as he faced back toward the two superpowered criminals that had come after him.  For the moment the others appeared too busy with their own opponents to lend him any assistance, so the Praetorian prepared himself for having to fight them both for the time being. 

Focusing first on the male humanoid, Dargonid opened his mouth to let out a powerful jet of flame.  The blast caught the man squarely, sending him flying backwards over a hundred feet, as he dropped from the sky to land on the ground in a heap.  Faint tendrils of smoke drifted up from the dark clad figure, from where the flames had singed his clothing.   

Satisfied with the results for the moment, the reptilian Praetorian regarded the winged female as he flashed a grin that bared the sharp teeth in his mouth.  "It would be wise to surrender peacefully unless you wish to suffer the same." 

The winged female gave a small laugh.  "Impressive, but the battle is far from over!"  With that she sent another sonic blast Dragonid's way, but once again the Praetorian managed to avoid the attack. 

Out on the landing field, the few remaining normal criminals that were still on their feet decided this fight was far beyond them, so all five turned and began to run from the landing field. 

Over near the Devotion, the four armed insectoid shook its head to clear it after Corona's powerful attack.  Procyus' multifaceted eyes focused on the Lor officer.  "I am *tik* already unarmed Lor."  He stated, his four empty hand gesturing to the side in a flash of movement.  "Not that it *tik* means I is ready *tik* to surrender!"

In a blur of movement, the insectoid closed back with Corona, one of his four arms shooting forward at blinding speed with a faint *CRACK* as it broke the sound barrier. 

*WHAM*  The superfast punch hit Corona squarely, as Procyus was already gone, moving in a blur across the landing field and over four hundred feet away from the Lor.  As he went, the insectoid tried to spot whomever it was that had shot him earlier, but failed to detect Huhunu where the marine was kneeling in the shadows beside some storage containers. 

The other speedy criminal circled around and came at Seresk from behind, leaping up onto the huge Praetorian's back to attempt to deliver a paralyzing bite.  But Seresk was able to shrug the small Varlis off his back with a slight twist, the reptilian criminal easily landing on his feet and speeding away over near where Procyus had moved. 

Huhunu remained where he was, continuing to track Procyus movements with her blaster, still set in sniping mode.  As the fast moving insectoid reached an edge of the landing field, the marine fired off another blast, this one missing just a bit high.  Huhunu frowned slightly and prepared to line up the next shot. 

As her armored form withstood the blast from Traveller's power pike, Rux looked at the Praetorian a brief moment, before leaping into the air, and through another rift in space that appeared and quickly closed behind the cyborg.   

Another rift appeared in the air behind Seresk, as Rux leapt out, her plasma blade slashing as the hulking Praetorian's back.  The blade cut squarely across Seresk's back, burning a slash mark through his clothing, but doing little to the scaly hide beneath as Seresk let out a slight grunt from the feeling of heat burning across his back.

Rux then dropped down into another rift in space, disappearing once more as the rift closed. 

Over along one edge of the landing field, Sullek's sword flashed in front of him as the cyborg made a few quickly feints before stepping forward as his right arm swept upward for a downward slash at Kharag.  But the former God-King of Za'ak was ready for such an attack, stepping toward Sullek as his left hand came up to block the cyborg's right arm as it tried to swing downward. 

"Is that truly the best you can do?  Against one who defeated the greatest weapon masters his world ever produced?"  Kharag called out as he continued to step inward toward Sullek, his right arm crossing his body before quickly pulling it back to deliver a powerful elbow slam into the cyborg's exposed side.  

Sullek was knocked off his feet, and sent flying some ten feet away.  But the cyborg managed to execute a flawless summersault and land on his feet.  Yet even though he was still upright, Sullek's sword arm dropped slightly, as his free hand clutched at his injured side. 

With the teleporter gone from sight, Seresk turned back toward where Varlis had run to.  Glancing down at the Lor official still cowering on the ground, the large Praetorian stated, "Please remain down, it should be safer for you that way."  With that, he took a few running steps and leapt after the speedy criminal. 

Seresk's massive form hurtled through the air, landing on the landing pad a short distance from Varlis, the impact smashing up chunks of pavement.  The reptilian Praetorian twisted his body slightly, his long spiked tail lashing out at the criminal.  With a loud *WOOSH* the spiked ball on the end of Serek's tail just passed over Varlis' head, as the speedster managed to duck down just in time. 

Having shaken off a blow that likely could have leveled a building, Adiri had a wide grin as she stepped in toward Paradigm, attempting to grab the Naram in a bear hug.  But although the Geox was able to grab Paradigm's arms, the Praetorian easily pulled them free from Adiri's grasp.

Moon-moth centres himself as the chaos rages around him and quickly deduces that the survivors were most likely in a secure and sealed environment , thumbing his communicator on so as to bring magnetar and mater into the loop "Do not waste time on these robots, they are far too numerous and dispersed to be delt with before a breach occurings, I figuring that the survivors are likely held in the prisoner section of the ship, most likelys the messy hall, showers or other communal area. Please aid me in locating them so I can teleport them to safety." Wings fluttering pointlesslt as he soars past them and down the corridors

"Affirmative, Cavalier." Vyrdnaya responded to the Praetorian Star Knight, understanding the meaning behind his gesture. "I'll make sure to relay the trace to the ground crew."

She then responded to Moon-Moth's call. "I'm affraid that's a negative, Moon-Moth. I've been trying to locate any information the ship had about life forms on board for some time, but all I've been doing is drawing a blank. And since Cavalier has already another job for me, I'm affraid that you'll be on your own on this one, for now..." Having detached herself from the panel, she made to relay the info to the others, before pausing. Once more, she talked to the comm link she had established with Kyle, a worried tone on her voice. "X'madi managed to detect us even with all the precautions we took in covering our tracks. The endagered crewmembers may be more than just a delaying tactic... Be careful you two..."

As she said that, Mater Vyrdna recallibrated her arm into a communications device, and attempted to create a communication transmission feed between herself and the ground crew. Using this handmade device, she made a call to Dreeda III, after locating the receptor signals of Sitara and Aya's communication systems embeded in their suits. "Corona? Traveller? Do you copy? This Mater Vyrdna, from aboard the Sar-Lan." After getting confirmation, Mater Vyrdna proceeded to relay the message Cavalier gave her. "... Did you get all that? Those are the coordinates of the escapees' leader, X'madi. Be extra cautious when approaching her; Also, I'd advise against bothering to sneak up to X'madi; she was able to sense our pressence here, even with all the cloaking precautions Moon-Moth and I took."

Edited by Vahnyu

The punch would have felled a Marine in full battle kit; Aya took it with arms crossed and was only pushed back a few feet. She opened her eyes and searched across the battlefield, filtering out the blazing energies and dashing forms to focus on the speeding mantis. Her aura flared and she rose into the air, dashing after him and launching a lance of her own energy, but it missed the alien and turned a patch of dirt to glass.

Paradigm was slightly surprised with the ease that Adiri shrugged off her attack, but not so surprised that she was unable to avoid the Geox's attempt to grapple her.  Pushing the villain's hands away, the Naram drifted backward slightly.  "You are strong, and very resilient."  She stated, before moving back close and grabbing ahold of Adiri. 

The supercriminal tried to struggle free, but as strong as Adiri was, Paradigm was stronger.  Pinning the other woman's arms to her side, Paradigm continued, "in fact, given your resilience, I suspect that you can easily handle this."

The Praetorian then flew upward a short distance, swinging Adiri upward as she went and then releasing the Geox at the height of the swing.  Although Adiri's rocky form was much heavier than most humanoids, it was barely anything for Paradigm, who chose not to put all her strength into the throw. 

Regardless, Adiri went flying into the air at incredible speed, reaching a thousand feet up in moments.   

With that enemy removed from the battle for the time being, Paradigm turned her attention toward the other criminals engaging her teammates...

GM 

Aboard the Sar-lan 

Although Cavalier had destroyed one of the robotic sentries, the others that were near where he and Moon-Moth currently were ignored the Star Knight and continue firing their built in energy weapons at the interior of the prison transport.  Similar blaster fire continued to echo from the corridors around them. 

Over where Mater Vyrdna and Magnetar were at the airlock, several of the sentry robots had moved into view, but were also not targeting the pair, instead blasting and the walls of the ship.  Magnetar took a step in front of Vyrdna, bringing his hands up in front of him and sending a wide blast of magnetic energy toward three of the sentries.  The powerful blast slammed into the trio, tearing them apart and sending the debris flying further down the corridor.

Cavalier was about to raise his blaster and open fire again, when he realized just how fruitless that would be. Yes, he could wipe out this chamber easily. But if X'madi was to be believed - and he fully believed she could be - the robots were evenly spaced throughout the ship. Which meant wiping out this cluster wasn't the problem; it was making sure every cluster was wiped out. And if he missed just a few robots, odds were they'd all be sucking on vacuum. 

He tucked his blaster away and took off, flying past the robots. "Moon-Moth, I'm joining you in the search," he said. "Do we have means of egress and/or means of protection from vacuum on hand? Guessing this tin can isn't going to hold up for much longer." 

It was so easy sometimes to get caught up in the moment and focus all your energy on a single opponent, especially if they were making things difficult to catch. Spotting the teleporter some distance away it was obviously that she wouldn’t be able to keep up the chase.She considered a short range teleport or blocking the signal but a rapid calculation showed that the power needs would make the tactic dubious at least.

Decision made she scanned the nearby area and picked out the nearest target to her position and fired off a shot towards the target.

“We read you Mater Vyrdna. Seems we’ve found the rest of them, we’re a little busy subduing them but we’ll get there as quickly as we can.”

GM 

Shifting her target from the teleporter to the next nearest target, Traveller moved over toward the two villainous speedsters that were zipping around the landing pad.  Aiming at the speeding insectoid, Procyus, Traveller's attack slammed into the villain, knocking him from his feet and sending him tumbling across the ground dozens of yards, before he came to a stop, unconscious. 

"Very well, if that is your choice."  Dragonid commented quietly, mostly to himself as he leveled off once more after dodging another sonic blast from the winged female.  Opening his mouth once more, the Praetorian sent a jet of flame at Sai'x, but the winged villainess easily dodge the attack, climbing up over it as she prepared to attack once more. 

As his fellow speedster went down, Varlis moved a bit further away from the large Seresk, leveling his energy pistol at the massive reptilian Praetorian again and firing another barrage of blasts.  Several of them struck Seresk, but once again his tough hide withstood the attack, a simple grunt being the only acknowledgement that he had been hit. 

But Varlis had barely waited to see the results of his attack, speeding off the far side of the landing pad as he continued to circle the combat.  As he arrived, a small pockmark appeared in a wall behind him, as Huhunu had changed targets.  

From where he/she was hidden, the former marine frowned at yet another missed shot. 

Aboard the Sar-lan 

Moon-Moth and Cavalier moved quickly through the corridors of the prison vessel, the sounds of sentry robots blasting away echoing around them.  Moon-Moth continued toward where he believed the prisoner dining facility would be located, and sure enough, the pair came to a hallway near several large plexiglass walls that reveled a dining area beyond.  Inside where several dozen Lor wearing uniforms, who now appeared a bit panicked at the chaos that was breaking out aboard the prison ship.

Six of the sentry robots were positioned outside the dining area, blasting away at the interior walls in an apparent effort to blast through to the outer hull, and likely beyond...

GM 

Over on a building toward the south end of the landing zone, Rux leapt into another rift that appeared in space, emerging over Dragonid as the cybernetic villainess dropped down toward the Praetorian, her plasma blade arching downward as she went.  But Dragonid was able to spot the attack, rolling to one side and banking away, as Rux dropped back into another rift that appeared, whisking her back to the rooftop she had just departed. 

An bolt of electricity arched past the banking Dragonid, as Amikai climbed back to his feet, lightning dancing over his arms as he looked up at the Praetorian.  Sai'x released yet another sonic blast at the elusive Dragonid, who managed to pull up short just in time to narrowly avoid the attack.  

While he may have only dealt minimal damage to any of the new enemies thus far, Dragonid certainly was keeping enough of them busy trying to attack him. 

Just below the flying Praetorian, Kharag rushed toward Sullek, even as the cyborg recovered from the God-King's previous attack.  Leaping backward slightly, Sullek avoided an axe kick Kharag had aimed at his head, spinning his sword back into a defensive stance and preparing to counter.

Looking around and finding no enemies within his immediate area, Seresk instead took a couple of running steps and leapt back over to where the Lor bureaucrat was lying on the ground.  Landing with a loud *THUD*, the large Praetorian's weight smashed up chunks of pavement as he took a defensive stance near the Lor, keeping an eye on the location of the various enemy still in the fight.

moon-moth nods softly "It will be something of a strain butmi should be ables to teleport them to safety." he responds as he glides silently alongside cavalier antenna firmly held forward in attentiveness as he closes rapidly on the prisoner dining area, his stationary eyes dilating in recognition of the familiar form of the lor, he stops at the window and gently places one of his slender elongated hands against the cool plexiglass in a comforting gesture as henraises his other towards the sealed door

Edited by Exaccus

"Roger that." Having finished relaying the information to Traveller and Corona, Mater Vyrdna turned to Magnetar, who was done dispatching the prowling drones. "Nice save, partner." she commented, as her hand unmorphed to its original state. "Several robots appear to be making their move throughout the ship. The Lor hostages are in big trouble, if they are found, but I fear that, indiscriminate as they are in their rampage, that the ship itself might not make it before we have a chance to find them. I'll go check out the critical areas around the ship, I think I spotted some non-friendly movement headed towards the engine room." Vyrdnaya's body sank into the ground as it became one with the ship. "You go and help Cavalier and Moon-Moth, Magnetar. With any luck, I'll rendez vous with you all as soon as possible."

And off she was, her body having become nothing but electric signals surging throughout the ship. In a light second, she had already ascertained the exact position of the engine room, and rematerialized on the ceiling close to the engine core, her body getting reconstructed by absorbing nearby machinery. As soon as her head emerged, she noticed the robots inching dangerously close to the core, ready to wreak havoc. "Oh no you don't." she gritted through her teeth, as her neck and hand emerged. Morphing her hand into the shape of a laser chainsaw, she forced the rest of her body out of the ceiling and fell down towards the nearest robot, bringing her chainsaw arm down as well.

*KRRRREEEEEAAAAAUUUUNCHHH*

Laser and metal screeched loudly and sparks flew wildly, as Mater Vyrdna landed on her feet and left arm, while her right was busy cutting through the wandering robot. "End of the line." She threatened, as her left hand absorbed destroyed machinery, morphing itself into a handcannon that resembled a dragon's head.

Corona spied the Praetorian coming under increasing assault by a trio of the escaped convicts. She sped forward, throwing energy blasts at the criminals, hoping to draw some of the attention away from her allies. "You're just making this situation worse for yourselves," she shouted.

"Huhunu," Paradigm shouted out as she continued to take stock of the battle, "get back aboard the Devotion and have it ready to lift off if necessary."  She called out, deciding it might be best to place the ship outside the reach of the criminals in case they chose to try to steal it. 

While she noted that Corona moving to assist Dragonid with some of the criminals attacking him, the Naram decided that was the first place for her to try to lend a hand as well.  For the moment Kharag seemed to have his opponent fairly well in hand, and Paradigm knew how much he hated having others interfere, so for the moment she was content to allow him to fight Sullek on his own. 

The Praetorian quickly sped over toward Amikai, her long black cape billowing behind her as she flew through the air.  As she drew close, she swung a powerful fist at the criminal, who managed to duck underneath as Paradigm swung, her momentum carrying her a short way past her target as she hovered in the air.