• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All hail the official turn order. In case of ties, the higher roll goes first. I have so decreed. Also, Erased and Phoenix are there in case they're needed for something. They will not be actively taking part. And the plan is not to use Charger unless things go terribly wrong.

Miracle Girl-29

Voltivore-29

Samaritan-22

Erased-17

Phoenix-8

Charger-7

Endeavour-4

Lightning-4

For the record, Lightning just used Electrical Control 10 and Power Attack 5 at the sky for a rank 15 effect. Wasn't terribly accurate, but that wasn't the point. Feel free to be suitably awed by the most strongest display of power you've ever seen. Or not. I dunno your histories as well as you.

Voltivore's actions:

Move: Fly to the group.

Standard: Nullify Electric Powers 12 on Lightning (simulates the eating of electricity)

I'd roll...but Lightning's Immune to all attacks with the Electric descriptor. So, it just doesn't work.

Next up is technically Samaritan, but Miracle Girl is Delaying. Heri? Wanna jump in?

That's a whiff. WHIFF.

Next up, Samaritan. Vonnie, not being type to swing at something that isn't physically there (Spatial Awareness helps with this, kiddos), will delay for a while, also. That brings up...Erased and then Phoenix, who are tending to the cage. Thus are their turns passed. Then there's Charger, who will trigger his Charging Up container. But that's all for now. Next up, Endeavour! Yes, Vonnie's still delaying. He knows the plan, darn it.

• 2 weeks later...

.http://orokos.com/roll/289382

Lighting takes a whack as using his Magnetic Control (or Electrical, he has both) to...well, control the beast made of electricity. Grapple check's 19.

http://orokos.com/roll/289386

And the Voltivore can only roll an 11. So...grappled. Bully for that. Grappling it in this fashion has a couple of cool side effects, but...spoilers! Post when I get back tonight

• 2 weeks later...

http://orokos.com/roll/295078

That'd be a 25. Side note. Didn't know about Magnetic Control's rank being doubled in grapples (since it's perception ranged) so I had removed Super STR 10 from the build so you guys would have a shot. But! Now I know. It doesn't change Lightning's successful grapple result, as he's rank 10. Meaning they'd both get 10 more on their rolls, rendering correcting the mistake meaningless.

Voltivore's good and grabbed. It'll take about five rounds of successful pushing (from anyone, at this point) to get it close enough to be locked away. This does not mean it'll be that easy for you, nooooo. Also, because I liked that post, Endeavour gets a HP.

It is the Voltivore's turn. It could try to break free, but where's the fun in that? Since Endeavour's being so flashy, let's give her a bolt of lightning.

http://orokos.com/roll/295079

That's 24. Normally that'd be a DC of 27. But! Each magnetic grapple costs it a third of it's current rank. So. Lightning chopped it to 8, and Endeavour chopped it to 6. So. DC is actually only 21. While they're both hanging on, anyway. ...is there an evil smiley? Because I needs one. Errant would be next, but Miracle Girl is still Delaying. So there's that.

Ah, missed a trick. That's a Blast. Looked at the core book regarding grapples, and as for using powers while grappled it says the GM may require a Concentration check. I'm lazy, so I'm gonna hide wildly behind that wording. To actually answer the question, no, it's quite grappled by both of you. It cannot move or make melee attacks without breaking said grapple. But blasting lightning at it's antagonists? Sure, why not. Rule of cool, yes. It if was as easy as it seems, the four of them would have never met our heroes. Because they'd be done with this freakin' task already. At any rate, Miracle Girl has Interpose as does Charger.

Direct quote from page 157. You can use powers while grappling, subject to the requirements of the grapple. If you use a power requiring a standard action, you forfeit your grapple check that round (meaning you automatically lose the opposed grapple check). This may be worth it if the power helps you get out of the grapple or otherwise deals with your opponent. The GM may require a Concentration check (see page 44) to use some powers while grappled, while other powers (those requiring freedom of movement or the ability to access a device, for example) may not be usable at all, at the GM’s discretion.

Is there anything else that seems off? Or would you rather I just do the grapple check? I don't want this to be too hard, but I don't want it to be too easy, either. If you have input, give it to me.

• 2 weeks later...