Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dr Archeville

The Creeping Killer(s)

Recommended Posts

"Well, working off of the assuptions that the blobs can't fly and that they are coming from the Promenade area, we should check the western edge of the zoo first," he said pointing out the obvious. He tilted his head back and forth like a confused dog as he tried to figure out what part of the sketched map would be "west." He finally looked to the winged girl for help.

Share this post


Link to post

Vigor started heading west. "We will likely hear the commotion of animals long before we see any blobs, so keep your ears open." As soon as he said that he winced. He left a perfect opening for the curious robot kid pipe in about human anatomy.

As he walked he checked and double checked his pockets for the baking soda. He also patted the gun hidden under his jacket to make sure it was still there.

Share this post


Link to post

Daisuke started after Vigor, silently pleased that he remembered to wear shoes today. Clanking like a suit of armor as he walked wouldn't do much to enhance his stealth, after all.

"Aww... I wanted to see the tigers..." he whined, but contented himself in the knowledge that once they did get rid of the blob monsters, they'd be able to look at the big cats all he wanted.

Share this post


Link to post

Wesley nods with a look of seriousness at the call to be observant only to be broken into an 'awww'-type grin when the robot voiced his dismay. As he walks with his companions, he questions, "You know, what happens when we find these things? They're made of acid, we're made of things acid can eat through." Looking to Vigor, "Flesh," then looking to Mashin-kun, "and metal." He resumes his searching, "I know we're doing a noble deed and all, but are we prepared?"

Share this post


Link to post

"As superheroes I think we are expected to deal with the unprepared," he said with a shrug. "I have some Arm & Hammer in case I get splashed with acid goo," he pulls the box out of his jacket to show them. "I was a Dingo...which would be the Aussie equivalent to a Boy Scout," he said with a grin. "Still...I too am at a loss of how to deal with these things when we meet them. I was hoping a muse would show up and whisper sweet secrets in my ear."

Share this post


Link to post

[[ That would require the expenditure of a Hero Point for some GM Inspiration ;) ]]

The quartet starts heading towards the zebras. After a few moments Mongrel Angel takes off, claiming it's to provide better recon for folks and so she can act as a sniper (the last part punctuated with another flare of silvery flame from her hands).

Now, the question is, do you head towards the zebra area by going around the out edge of the zoo (so that the reptile & amphibian house, bear, deer, and ring-tailed lemur areas are all on your right), or in through the zoo (requiring you to climb or jump over the closed gate, or break or pick the lock)?

Once you've decided which way y'all are going, gimme some Notice checks.

Share this post


Link to post

"Superhero," Wesley lets the term roll off of his tongue, "never thought about that way." Letting the thought pass through his mind, "Yeah, superheroes are always crazy prepared," he stops when Vigor pulls out the baking soda and grins at the statement of being a boy scout. "You know, you guys never cease to amaze me." He watches the angel fly off and then looks to the zoo. "So, I say we cut this short and go through the gate. We might even see some tigers along the way," he says directed towards the group, but clearly drumming up support from the robot.

Share this post


Link to post

Daisuke's eyes shone brightly with the inner light only present in those very young with the mearest mention of tigers. "Really? What are we waiting for, come on!" He started racing towards the gate, only stopping in a skid once he reached it and the imposing nature of the barrier dawned on him. He also realised he would have to break through it if he wanted to continue. Either that or climb over, but he wasn't sure how he could do that unless he made some handholds...

(Notice check of 8.)

Share this post


Link to post

Mashin-kun is distracted by the fairly colorful signs on and near the gate.

Vigor hears assorted zoo animal noises -- nothing too unusual, as far as he can tell, but has he ever been to a zoo to know what's "normal"? -- as he clambers over the gate.

Wesley, however, again notices what no one else does. His (temporarily inhumanly keen) ears can actually make out the sounds of critters running, all in one direction, and a faint acrid tang in the air. Both these sensations come from the southwest (about the bottom half of the left half of the map), though he cannot pinpoint it any more than that.

Share this post


Link to post

Wesley quickly turns toward the ruckus, "Hey, it's that smell again!" He points in the southwesterly direction, "Sounds like all the animals are stampeding together, and they're going that way." In a hurried state of urgency, tries to get over the gate like Vigor .

[[This is gonna hurt :( ]]

[[ Doc sez: Wesley bounces off and falls on his back, like a helpless turtle. ]]

Wesley grunts in an annoyed tone at his predicament. Picking himself up and dusts off, he doesn't seem to mind what's going on around him. Determined to get to the source of the why he was here, Wesley takes a more practical approach to climbing rather than the futile attempt at bumrush he did earlier.

[[Taking 10, if I can, that'll be 12]]

Share this post


Link to post

Upon hearing that the animals were stampeding, Daisuke did the only thing that came to mind. He ran up to the front gate, and attempted to tear it off it's hinges. There would be shouting, yelling, and blame-placing later, but right now, they needed to get to the animals before those horrible blobs got to them!

With a rending screech, the metal tore away from its concrete emplacement, and Daisuke was left holding the ruined gate in his hands before he casually tossed it aside. "Okay! We can go in now!" he said happily, and began moving inside the zoo proper, keeping a watchful eye out for the blob meanies.

Share this post


Link to post

"If you guys plan on being superheroes, you really should hit the local rec center now and then. They have a climbing wall to practice on and everything," he teased. He looked at the gate and shook his head with a disbelieving grin. He then began to run towards the noise. He remained cautious however, avoiding the middle of the larger paths around the zoo. The last thing he wanted was to get trampled by stampeding animals only to have his flattened carcass be devoured by acid blobs.

Share this post


Link to post

Alex wasn't in a position to observe her recently found comrades valiant struggle against the gate; she'd been busy doing what she said she'd do. Granted, it had taken a little while and a pass or two before she found the source of the commotion in the zoo, but now she'd found the offending blobs.

Of course, now she'd have to figure out just what to do. Engage the acid bags at a distance and hope that the others find their way to the scene, or fly back and give them directions before darting back? Or perhaps she could pull of something to plant a beacon of some sort?

Making sure that the backup doesn't get lost sounds pretty good, so the winged lass swiftly wings her way to the entrance. Spotting the others she swoops in over them, hovering just long enough to shout "They're after the zebras! Down in the southwester corner!" then heads off towards said animals.

Once she reaches them again she'll take a moment to aim properly then proceed to blast whichever one of the blobs is furthest from its prey so as to try and avoid collateral damage in case something goes hideously wrong.

Share this post


Link to post

Wesley does not stop to find out if Vigor's statement was in jest, nor does he even seem to care that he was almost flung off the gate by the overzealous robot child. Following the directions of the angel, but staying along the path, he makes a dead sprint in the direction of the smell of the acid blobs and sound of the stampeding animals he sensed on the other side of the gate.

Share this post


Link to post

Daisuke followed closely after Wesley, trying to keep up even though his shorter legs made it harder. The blobs were up ahead, that much he could tell from the stampeding animals and general chaos, but where? Then he overheard the pretty angel lady call out "zebras" and he had a direction. A muffled thump told him someone was firing something up there, and he redoubled his efforts to get there quickly.

Share this post


Link to post

Mongrel Angel flies back to the gate where the other three are right before they dash off into the zoo proper, then turns back to shoots at a blob... to realize it's several acres away.

This is the Hanover Zoo. It's roughly 1/2 mile x 1/2 mile x 3/4 mile x 3/4 mile; it covers approximately 250 acres. You all are near one end, the blobs are near another -- about 0.4 miles/2,100 feet -- apart. At best, Mongrel Angel's blast can reach 600 feet.

Furthermore, Mashin-Kun, Vigor, and Wesley Knight all soon come to an unpleasant conclusion. The quickest distance between two points is a straight line, but traveling in a straight line between the gate and the zebra area where the blobs are would take them into the black bear's area, the cheetah's area, the lion's area, the snow & spotted leopard's area, and the red panda's area. Crossing into those areas would be tricky in the best of cases, but with the animals becoming agitated due to the presence of blob-monsters, it would likely be very dangerous.

They could take the paths, but that would more than double the time it would take them to reach the area, and by then who knows what could have happened.

Share this post


Link to post

~Now why couldn't I have grown a pair of wings?~ he wondered. Vigor had decided to stick to the paths. By crossing into the animal enclosures either himself or the animals were likely to get hurt and he didn't want either. He just lowered his head and ran as fast as he could. One of the cool things about the powers he did have, was that even going all out he would never tire; he could keep the pace up till boredom set in.

Share this post


Link to post

Angels can fly. Robots and supermen can run forever. Humans are limited on how fast and far they can run. Wesley gets a heavy sinking feeling and stops his running when he notices the true size of the park. Not one to give in so easily, he does a quick leg stretch for each leg, focusing his energy into all the muscles in each of them. "This is going to hurt in the morning," he mumbles to himself and takes off down the path with a renewed burst of speed.

Share this post


Link to post

Mashin-kun, either through ignorance of the consequences, or delusions of invulnerablity, (a not entirely unreasonable feeling, given his durabilty) he blundered directly into the animal paddocks without slowing down, charging through them like a quarter-ton engine block on legs. His only thoughts were on reaching the blobs as quickly as possible, and besides, animals were friendly.

Right?

Share this post


Link to post

Vigor jogs on, but is nearly bowled over as Knight zips quickly past.

Mashin-Kun also charges on, right into the black bear's den. A large bear, already a bit agitated from the blob-monster's presence, does not take kindly to the intrusion.

Wesley arrives at the zebra area just in time to see one of the six man-sized blob-monsters ignore the bolt of silvery fire that Mongrel Angel flung at it. The blast made a noticeable hole in it, but it just kept on, oozing back together as it went.

[[ Looks like it be initiative time for most of y'all. Post 'em in the OOC thread, please. ]]

Share this post


Link to post

The run was a bit brisk for Wesley but his adreniline is still flowing. When he reaches the zebra exibit, he sees a mob of blobs assaulted by a rain of... holy fire, maybe? Quickly looking up he notices the angel in the midst. Cracking a smile he turns his attention back to the blobs and their prey. Focusing on the one closest to an animal tries to muster a connection to it and hopefully stopping it in it's tracks.

Share this post


Link to post

Bear Den/Pen

Mashin-Kun prepares to continue on, thinking the bear is no threat to him. He soon learns he is wrong as the mighty ursine's claw rakes across his back!


Zebra Area w/ Blobs

Mongrel Angel executes a perfect dive-bomb onto one of the blobs. It pops and leaves a disgusting wet spray. She feels a tingling sensation where the stuff is on her, but her (un)holy flesh does not yield to its corrosive power.

Knight's own attack seems almost equally effective: his paralysis beam just hit the man-sized blob, and it freezes, its only movement being a gentle rippling of its surface in the wind.

Two of the blobs break off from their pursuit and veer towards the now-grounded Mongrel Angel. One leaps ahead and gets a good grip on her, and with disturbing speed slithers up to her head & face and begins to squeeze.

The third blob veers towards Wesley, and grabs onto his leg. It then wraps around both legs and squeezes, a process made even more dire by the fact it is excreting some sort of acid all over Knight.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×