Two's Company, Four's a Party(OOC)

Ari

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shame.

Agents' actions: Move to Glow and make a Grapple Attempt.

Grapple attack rolls: 11, 22, 18.

Two get past her Defense, so I'll rule that means one doesn't manage to keep their grip on Glow.

They drag her into the cell on the left facing from the surveillance room across the hall.

HP awarded for the setback,

So is there anything useful that Kristin can see about her cell?

Also, she'd like to see if she can do something about the cuffs. I'm assuming our friendly neighbourhood bad guys aren't incompetent enough that she can just shuck them off, but can she at least try to "step through" her arms to get them in front of her? Possibly an escape artist or acrobatics check? Or are the cuffs encasing her whole forearms which would make that mostly impossible?

They are little things that cover her hands and the first few inches of her arm just past her wrist. She could totally use an Escape Artist check to get them in a more convenient position.

Useful stuff in the cell? There's a shelf on the rear wall that halves the distance to the ventilator in the ceiling, a plate with a spork under the student's bed, and a loose bit of metal on the left-hand wall. It would be easy to remove it from the wall.

Well, then. It seems quiet... maybe too quiet, so Notice check, to see if I'm observed in any way.

1d20+5 → [11,5] = (16)

Additionally, I'm going to take 10 on my(old) Knowledge Technology skill(for a total of 20), in order to aid my Notice attempt, identify if any cameras or motion sensors or whatnot are in place.

And at any rate, taking a stealth check as well, because you never know.

1d20+5 → [18,5] = (23)

Yowza!

Net Fly will attempt to get close to the inlet, unless he's been watched, in which case, he will try to quiet like disable the cameras, sensors, whatever, by taking 10 on his disable device(20 total, by the old sheet)

New Stealth Check

1d20+5 → [19,5] = (24)

Plan A, Knowledge(Technology) Check vs DC25 for a +4 bonus

1d20+10 → [1,10] = (11)

Plan C, Using Datalink to link directly into the device. Taking 10 on Computers(total 20) to beat the DC15.

Computers DC35 and Knowledge(Technology) DC17 to beat the security. Not even bothering with a roll.

Plan C.b,Computers DC22 to scan the ship's layout....

1d20+10 → [2,10] = (12)

yeah....

So, back to Plan B:"Blowing stuff up!"

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so Glow doesn't really think she wants to be escaping and running into more guards with her power cuffs on. Her escape plans are currently centered around getting them off. What are her options for doing so?

Can she use the blood on her leg to make her wrists slippery and get them off that way? Can she use the metal strip off the wall to break them somehow? Can she pick the lock with a spork? (Okay that last one is probably a bit silly). If none of those work can she use any of them on the door of the cell?

Yes, yes and yes. For reasons that defy all logic it's a metal spork.

DC18 DEX roll to strategically smear blood over her wrists to help with getting the 'cuffs off(reduces final roll by 4)

DC16 Wisdom check to properly use the spork in loosening the lock and the mechanical hinges that are part of the 'cuffs(reduces it by 2).

DC18 STR check to loosen the 'cuffs with the slightly protruding bit of metal(reduces by 8).

Final check: DC30 Escape Artist check, if all succeeded it becomes DC16(yes I know you can count, I'm a lot less sure of my own ability to keep track of this stuff :facepalm: )

EDIT: As agreed in Chat, the rolls have been changed to an Acrobatics, Concentration and Disable Device roll series. Still leading up to that Escape Artist check, and still the same DCs.