Two's Company, Four's a Party(OOC)

Ari

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression these guys had blast 15. Isn't that DC30?

In any case, Glow needs to roll big numbers seeing as she can only make 28 on a 20. Rolling a 7+8=15 isn't very good.

So we'll try to roll it again with a HP. 9+8=17 would be bad too, but rolling under 10 means it's +10, so 27 is a bruise. Happy.

Revenge! Attacking Steeljack 2: 12+7=19 Should hit and be a DC22 toughness save.

IC posts when I get home :)

Standing his ground, Net Fly Attacks Steeljacket I

1d20+5 → [4,5] = (9)

And he fails, again.

Spending a HP to reroll

1d20+5 → [9,5] = (14)

Le sigh...

No worries, however, as this time, he'll Surge and get another Standard action, in order to hit the accursed machinery that doth mocks him

1d20+5 → [2,5] = (7)

No. Really.

Plus, Fatigue from next round onwards. Yay.

EDIT: Crap. The second did hit, with a 24(I forgot that the +10 applies on the dice roll, not the total. Seriously.) So, Sonic Fists has Autofire. The DC is 24 + 1 for every 2 points of Attack I beat the Steeljacket's defence(up to a max of +5), so... 24-15=9... DC28 Toughness

EDIT 2: Also, in case it's needed(I wish), Sonic Fists has Knockback 2.

EDIT 3: Since the Improved Roll destroyed the opponent, the GM ruled that my third attempt doesn't count. Ignore the Surge bit, then. I end my turn after the Standard Action Attack.

So are we likely to actually know anything about Expiostinot? Knowledge rolls maybe? Also, if we're trying to come up with a gameplan it might help if we know what kind of setting the fight is going to occur in. I'm guessing that if we're trying to come up with a creative way to take someone down who's way more powerful than us we're probably not going to be doing it in a featureless room right?

Right. Knowledge(History), DC18, to know all about who Expiostinot was.

I'll put up a GM post in a bit, but yes it won't be in a featureless room; it will be a reconstruction of his final defeat in 1971, in the middle of his robotics lair after it had mostly collapsed around him, making it nearly impossible to walk in any direction for more than a few steps before having to clamber over fallen computer banks or masonry.

As you'll have time in the lounge to consider, you can take 20 on it.

Prof. Nikolai Expiostinot was a Georgian electrical engineer who fled the Soviet Union in 1952, setting up shop in Chicago. He abruptly abandoned his practice after he survived being shocked with several thousand volts during the wiring of a car factory in 1954, disappearing in the winter of that year until spring 1959, where he unleashed a small army of amazingly well-crafted robots that turned out to have been hand-built, each of which was considered at the time on the bleeding edge of automaton science. Even the government-employed roboticists of the time couldn't make designs like his function properly. Although his robots were often destroyed, he himself evaded capture, even going so far as to obtain a professorship teaching engineering throughout the United States all during his villainous career, which had no obvious goal beyond destruction of property, and which only circumstantial evidence ever was found attaching him to the attacks. He was usually a foe of the midland heroes, especially the Nez Perce hero Wayguard. At last, he was defeated by the Freedom League in1971 after the Raven and Wayguard discovered how he had concealed his lair, and Star Knight deactivated his robotic soldiers. Tectonic destroyed the electrical deathtraps that filled the place, while Lady Liberty and Galatea defeated Nikolai and destroyed his armor. He spent the rest of his short life in prison at Blackstone, dying of complications from influenza in 1980.