If Kimber had shied away from Equinox's displays of fire magic, she had the opposite reaction to the crackling frost in the witch's palm, floating forward without warning to get a better look and demonstrating an appreciation for personal space that was loose at best. "Oh wow, you can do cold spells, too?!" she exclaimed somewhat rhetorically, sliding through the air to get a look at the upturned hand from multiple angles before finally flying back a few paces worth of space. "I totally have, like, freeze breath, which is awesome since otherwise it's pretty hard to even effect solid stuff. I think I'm getting stronger, though! Maybe. I hope so!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"'Noxy here can do all sorts of elemental stuff!," Dead Head exclaimed, "fire, ice, lightnin', whirlwinds, you name it! Like I said, she's great t'have yer back in a fight."

"Hunh... come t'think of it," he continued, turning slowly to each of the others, "there's probably a lot we could all teach ya, if yer willin'. I've been learnin' tons from Nick here, an' I know he could teach you a thing or two 'bout spirits an' such. 'Noxy could maybe help you with yer cold stuff, an' me... well, I can show ya how to do this!" He held his hands up and did the "magic separating thumb" trick, actually separating his thumb while doing so.

Equinox shuffled her feet awkwardly. She never did know how to deal with praise. She settled for blushing and, "Um... thank you, Dee Aych."

She just nodded. "yeah, if it's a natural element, I can usually work with it. Unnatural or forged materials, I'm not so good with, and I've not got very much prowess with the spirit world." The witch shrugged. "But yeah, even if I can't teach you how to do cold magic using my methods, I can at least help you figure out the way most suited to you. I sometimes help instruct newer practitioners on how to control and expand upon their talents."

Nick raised his eyebrows at the popped-off thumb. He'd seen Dead Head do the "hands off" routine more than a few times, but that didn't mean he'd gotten inured to it yet. "Like Dead Head said, there are a whole lot of tricks out there," he said. He willed the currents of ephemera around him into form, taking care to avoid any of the "stronger" sources. The stray ectoplasm hardened around his hands, forming terrible claws. "There are a lot of ways to shape ectoplasm. Claws, swords, lockpicks... it's like having an organic Swiss army knife." He waved his hands again, as if shaking water off of them, and the claws melted away into nothingness. "Magic is a very syncretistic art. There are some things that fall into their own slots, but you'd be surprised how much crossover there is. There's something to be said for collaboration..."

As Dead Head elaborated on Equinox's talents, Ghost Girl's eyes lit up first metaphorically and then literally, suffused with a faint blue light as she clasped her hands excitedly before her. Visions of spellcasting danced through her head and it was all she could do to prevent herself from immediately forming a tall, pointed hat for herself. The tricks the zombie hero demonstrated suggested additional possibilities; if learning from Nick had helped Dead Head develop new talents then the cheerful apparition didn't see any reason why she herself couldn't benefit. After all, Sharl seemed to have learned so much just from working with Miss Americana and the more Kimber learned, the better she'd be able to help her friends. "Oh my goodness, do you guys really mean it? I'd love to learn anything you can teach me!" Giving the trio of more experienced heroes a pair of thumbs up and a broad grin, she promised, "I'm a really attentive student and I always give a hundred and ten percent, for sure!"