Interceptors: Planning for the Big Day (IC)

Heritage

Fulcrum wasn't the only one having her first Jewish wedding. Colt had never been to one either. Making a fist in front of his mouth, he coughed lightly into it, "I reckon that there's gon' have't be Grim's domain. I'm still try'n t'learn m'own parts." He smiled and gave her a sidelong glance. Getting married was hard work, but hard work always paid off, Colt knew.

"Speakin'a honeymoons, Doc," Colt began, "That there castle ya'got still open fer business? I was thinkin'a plannin' somethin' it'd be great fer."

• 2 weeks later...

"What exactly are our roles in the wedding then? We've discussed security, which is a given, but will we have any other duties? How will the ceremony proceed?"

Lynn waved a hand to dismiss Mona's fears. "Actually, Jewish weddings are pretty simple; the real trick is mastering the chainsaw juggling, since that's pretty much the highlight of the ceremony." She continued nonchalantly, though the twinkle in her eye was obvious. "For you guys-" She pointed at her teammates. "The big deal is the seven blessings; I'm not expecting you to learn Hebrew, so the rabbi will first say the Hebrew, and then you guys can read the English off of little cards. It's a snap, trust me."

The changeling sat on a high conjured stool and began to describe the service, occasionally using her pointer to indicate points on the diorama.

"So my parents are gonna lead the two of us down the aisle together; one of the nice things about a Jewish wedding is we don't have to avoid each other all day, and there's time set aside for us to be alone and kinda chill out over the course of the day." She indicated the mini-canopy with her pointer. "The chuppah is gonna be held up by my uncles, and you guys will be on either side. Once me and Colt get to the front, I will circle my beloved-" She picked up her figurine and moved it about. "Seven times. I dunno why we do it, it's probably pagan, but it's supposed to be good luck. No way I'm gonna jinx us."

She held up her thumb and index finger, and a tiny silver goblet appeared. "The rabbi will then fill this special cup with wine and say a blessing over it; hopefully it will be much bigger than this." She stepped over to her fiance and sat somewhat provocatively in his lap. "Hi honey! So first Colt will drink from it-" The tiny cup was playfully raised to his lips. "And then I drink from it." She did the same. "Mmm, tasty! Plus, we get to keep the cup!" She gave her handsome cowboy a quick kiss and clambered off him and back to the middle of the living room.

"Then we exchange rings, we read the ketubah out loud, which is the wedding contract - oh, you guys have to witness us sign it before the wedding - then we do the seven blessings, and then Colt breaks the glass, everyone yells 'Mozel Tov!', we kiss and we is wed, baby!"

She clapped her hands together and grinned. "And that's it! There's some other stuff the two of us need to do, like fast from sunrise on the day of the ceremony, but then we get fifteen minutes right after it to smooch, nosh and have crazy monkey sex, just like they did back in the old days!" Lynn shrugged. "Which is cool. Needless to say, I owe Mr Reynolds the 'Breakfast of the Gods' the next morning for making him fast, but I hear some Jewish girls are actually thankful to be runnin' on empty, what with the nerves and all. Plus the alcohol just hits you like a Mack truck" She frowned slightly. "Of course, I don't have to eat anymore, hence the previously mentioned 'B of the G' for Colt. Any questions?"

"Jus' two." Colt smirked as he sat back in the seat. He intertwined the fingers on his hands and crossed them just in front of his chin. Grim knew that look. Colt would wear that expression every time he was about to make a sassy remark or give her a hard time.

Lynn waved a hand to dismiss Mona's fears. "Actually, Jewish weddings are pretty simple; the real trick is mastering the chainsaw juggling, since that's pretty much the highlight of the ceremony."

"Did we ever decide'n whether'r not th'screamin' baby'n th'loaded shotgun'd make't inta th'juggler's cascade'r not?" Came the sassy remark. But Colt wasn't done, he still had some fun to poke at her. "And..."

She clapped her hands together and grinned. "And that's it! There's some other stuff the two of us need to do, like fast from sunrise on the day of the ceremony, but then we get fifteen minutes right after it to smooch, nosh and have crazy monkey sex, just like they did back in the old days!" Lynn shrugged. "Which is cool. Needless to say, I owe Mr Reynolds the 'Breakfast of the Gods' the next morning for making him fast, but I hear some Jewish girls are actually thankful to be runnin' on empty, what with the nerves and all. Plus the alcohol just hits you like a Mack truck. Of course, I don't have to eat anymore, hence the previously mentioned 'B of the G' for Colt. Any questions?"

"On'y fifteen minutes?" Colt added a raised eyebrow to the mischievous look already on his face.

Oh, I remember now: Lynn's uncle Karl was a car thief! Yes, that would make it more difficult to get a release for him to go out of the country.

Archeville could not help but smile at Grim went into loving detail about the wedding plans. He thought of potential plans for he & Mona's wedding, of family (and how family != blood relation), and many others things besides as his mind ran at superhuman speeds. He would attend this wedding, the Epstein's (justified) anti-German/anti-Archeville feelings be damned.

Would Lynn be more upset at me not being there than she would at any potential conflicts that arise between her relatives and me? I think so! And I can certainly do my part to avoid said conflicts!

"You know," he said slowly, "even though I am the 'man behind the curtain' of our merry little band, I can still attend as Mona's '+1'. I can probably hide from your family members that would have the biggest issues with me..."

"Damn!" exclaimed the giantess and punctuated with a snap of the fingers. "All these years of fire eating at Muslim weddings, and what did I miss? Chainsaw juggling! I am depressed." She crossed her arms in mock pout and listened to Lynn's descriptions.

She quirked an eyebrow at the pagan remark but didn't respond outright. Mentally, she quipped, Everything is pagan.

Still the whole ceremony sounded absolutely great! She smiled warmly and sat up, "None here. Just keep the nerves under control, random juju to a minimum and all."

As for Viktor's comment, that was another matter entirely...

"Be loud and proud dear. I'd be happy for you to accompany me, given our mutual pixie friend's blessing," replied Fulcrum, patting Viktor on the chest and giving him a quick kiss.

"On'y fifteen minutes?"

Lynn rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Honey, there's a reason I hung onto the 'Time in a Bottle' Eli gave me; gonna give new meaning to the word 'quickie'. And sadly the babies are gonna have to be nixed, since this is a family event, so we'll have to make do with the chickens."

"You know," he said slowly, "even though I am the 'man behind the curtain' of our merry little band, I can still attend as Mona's '+1'. I can probably hide from your family members that would have the biggest issues with me..."

One might have expected the changeling to leap across the room and tackle their Germanic mentor, but instead she was surprisingly restrained; Grim merely smiled and mouthed, "Thank you".

"Be loud and proud dear. I'd be happy for you to accompany me, given our mutual pixie friend's blessing," replied Fulcrum, patting Viktor on the chest and giving him a quick kiss.

The petite brunette looked extremely pleased. "It wouldn't be an Interceptors wedding without you, Dok, even if no one else but us knows it." She held her arms wide open. "Guys, I think this is gonna be great! I'm really looking forward to dancing the horah with all of you and having my two crazy families finally meet".

Then Lynn stopped and started to rub her chin. "Now about the reception dinner..."

"I get to make a toast, right?" Erik chimed in, blinking a few times after his eyes had glazed slightly at the step by step description of the ceremony itself. He appreciated the spectacle of it all, but it seemed like so much work for what was supposed to be a celebration of sorts. The prospect of getting to speak in front of a captive audience regained his attention, however. Ellie opened her mouth to make some sardonic remark about her brother but it refused to gel in time as she attempted to hide being a little flustered at Lynn's frank talk about her plans for the moments immediately following the wedding.