At the Opera Tonight [OOC]

Dr Archeville

Well, Breakdown putting a dome around himself and her is do-able, but it'd make it hard for Muse or Rift or Slick to help, since (by default) Created Objects aren't transparent and thus they can't see through to target anything.

A solid vertical wall between the stage and audience would work to protect the audience, but the performers on the stage (and the techies above and to the sides) would still be open to attack.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've already had one civilian death, and that is too many already. I'm going with the dome. The rest of the heroes can help after they've fulfilled priority number one, which should be the safety of the civilians. Until then, Breakdown will be doing everything he can to make sure he holds Silver Scream's attention.

Initiatives

23 -- Rift -- unharmed, 3 HP

22 -- Breakdown -- unharmed, 3 HP

16 -- Ghost Valkyrie/Silver Scream -- Unharmed

11 -- Muse -- unharmed, 4 HP (used one for stunting)

8 -- Slick -- unharmed, 1 HP

Slick is up! Then a new round, with Rift!

Also,

Reflex save (DC 22); Will save (DC 22 or 16) (1d20+3=14, 1d20+10=24)

Silver Scream fails the Reflex save, but passes the Will save.

I'd ask that you don't break that dome just yet. That's the only thing keeping the casualty count to a minimum right now. Worry about getting the innocent bystanders out first. Once that's done, we can finish her off. Don't worry. I'm not going to take all the glory. I'll leave some for the rest of you. ;)

Sorry, people, I must have spaced out.

I was using:

Create Object 2 (2 5-ft. cubes; PFs: Affects Insubstantial [Toughness 1 vs. Incorporeal beings], Progression 2 [2 25-ft. cubes]) [7pp]

Flight 1 [2pp]

"Sonic Guard" Impervious Toughness 14 [14pp]

Enhanced Fortitude 8 [8pp]

Enhanced Reflex 9 [9pp]

Can I switch that to: on the grounds that, having rushed into a fight with her, he's now "remembering more of what he knows about her," and adapting his powers to better combat her.

Create Object 2 (2 5-ft. cubes; PFs: Affects Insubstantial [Toughness 1 vs. Incorporeal beings], Progression 2 [2 25-ft. cubes]) [7pp]

Enhanced Fortitude 5 [5pp]

Enhanced Reflex 5 [5pp]

"Vibration Sense" Super Senses 3 (Tactile: Ranged, Extended [100ft], Affects Incorporeal) [3pp]

"Weak Vibration Disruption" Blast 7 (PF: Affects Incorporeal, Accurate 4) [20pp]

Operating under the assumption of, "What I can't see can't hurt me," He's going to try and ignore her illusions by shutting his eyes. He'll locate her by sensing the changes in the vibrations of the air molecules around him. Giving him a sort of tremor sense.

Let me know if this power set is okay to use and I'll throw up a post.

Well, a few things:

1) Breakdown knows her illusions affect all senses, so tremorsense wouldn't really help him, it'd just give him another senses through which her Illusions can affect/attack him;

2) Breakdown's already saved against her Illusion, so he won't need to make more saves against it.

And in keeping with the "this is where BD learns he can't do it all himself" thing you brought up earlier, I'm not allowing that Affects Insub on the blast.

Fair enough. I'll go with:

Enhanced Fortitude 5 [5pp]

Enhanced Reflex 6 [6pp]

"Weak Vibration Disruption" Blast 9 (PF: Accurate 4) [22pp]

The blast is still much weaker than his Offensive Caps should allow. How's this setup check out?

Initiatives

23 -- Rift -- unharmed, 3 HP

22 -- Breakdown -- unharmed, 3 HP

16 -- Ghost Valkyrie/Silver Scream -- Unharmed

11 -- Muse -- unharmed, 4 HP

8 -- Slick -- unharmed, 1 HP

Standard Action: HAM! By which I mean, Bluff to make Breakdown think he destroyed her, by...

Free Action: Activate Concealment (Visual)

Bluff, bluff, bluff, bluff the heroes! (1d20+12=24)

Move Action: Tries to move into a more advantageous position.

Stealth! (1d20=17)

Beating the Bluff checks means you realize she's not dead. Also, if you can make a DC 37 Notice (auditory) check, you realize she's still there. If you can hit DC 42, you can pinpoint her (this round), as if your hearing was an accurate sense.

IC post up soon!

Bluff opposing Bluff (if Bluff does not apply, this roll is for sense motive. Apply a -2 modifier to account for the difference in the two modifiers). (1d20+10=26) Even if it is sense motive, I still hit the target DC (but just).

Eddie knows she is not dead, but he's probably going to be blind-sided anyway. He has a +6 Notice. He can't hit DC 37, or 42 for that matter.

Isn't the Dome opaque? Can anyone outside see in? Even if Slick uses his scent, how would he know she's attempting to hide if he can't see the fact that she's disappeared? To him it would seems like she's still within the dome, just as she's always been, yes?