At the Opera Tonight [OOC]

Dr Archeville

Edit time: I have no idea what my tired brain was accessing last night, but re-reading my post, I have clearly made errors.

It's only DC 17 Notice (auditory) to hear where she is (i.e., to beat her Stealth check), 22 to hear her well enough to accurately target her with an attack. So Eddie might be able to get those.

Dome is opaque, and I'll say it blocks scent, too. HP for Slick.

Even with distance penalties and a small penalty from the sonic dome, Muse still hears well enough to be able to accurately target Silver Scream.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still sort of at a loss for what to do here. Eddie drops the dome as a free action and then I guess, Delays?

Originally we determined that Muse would defeat Scream since I can't affect her, thus proving to Eddie that he DOES need the help of others. But now Sand isn't here. Want to provide some direction on that, Doc?

I'll be playing her, though there is a problem: her magical Blasts are either Perception range (which she can't use on the invisible Silver Scream through the opaque dome of sound energy), or Area (and while it has Selective Attack, she can't see Edie through the opaque dome to exclude him from it, she'd have to bomb the entire dome).

The civilians are gone. I'll be dropping the dome. I don't suppose I could use my VP to put together something that would expose her invisibility? Like giving my friends accurate hearing, or possibly using sound to amplify where she is? Making her flight path visible or something? Science! Etc. :P Thoughts?

Okay, here's what I'll do then. I'll buy enough progression on that power to cover the whole room. But I'm not going to limit it to others only. I'm giving it to Eddie as well. I'll definitely have enough points with the VP if I don't buy anything else.

Free Action: Drop the Dome.

Free Action: Reconfigure VP.

Free Action: Activate Super Senses

Standard Action: Distract Silver Scream with Dance: Skill Mastery nets me DC 34 Dance. She'll need to resist that or be distracted.

Editing post now!

EDIT: Post has been edited!

Silver Scream can't beat the DC 34 Sense motive check or Will save to resist that, so she is Distracted (dazed, takes no action, but is not flat-footed).

Dome drops, Muse uses Perception-range Damage. DC 25 Toughness save, which Silver Scream cannot make. Since she's been treated as a Minion this whole time, she pops.

And now we're out of combat rounds.