Ghoulies and Ghosties and Long-Legged Beasties (IC)

Heritage

"Plus he has a tendency to absorb ridiculous amounts of bodily injury, which I'm expected to fix," she chided accusingly.

"Ah, is nurse then?" Nadia said to the girl. "Is good to have friends who can be doing field dressing."

As she said it, she watched Razorwing walk up and ask Jack about his powers. Frankly she wouldn't mind seeing a good demonstration herself.

Four sharp knock echoed off the front door of the Interceptor's brownstone. Whoever opened it would find... a member of the Crime League!

Think they will like our Mozart costume?

Mozart? We'd agreed to Beethoven!

What? No, we had agreed on- oh, great! We must look a sight!

Yes, well, you should have listened better.

"Now de party can truly start, for de Maestro is here!"

"Not so much talent as a complete lack of social life and obsessive patrolling," Jack admitted with a chuckle, rubbing the back of his head ruefully. "Whatever works, right?

Jill shrugged self-consciously, hiding a small smile. "Well, not yet. I'm starting pre-med at FCU next year."

"She's a prodigy," her brother insisted. "She was correcting the school nurse when she was in Grade 7."

"That's mostly because we didn't have a very good nurse," Jill replied, trying not to look too pleased with herself. "Plus I get a lot of practice on the human punching bag over there."

Before Jack could respond to Kristian's challenge, a series of sharp knocks rang out from the foyer. Being the closest to the entrance, the swordsman walked over to open the door. "Hey, Doc! Didn't think you'd be able to make it! You're just in time to see me be awesome." Leading the scientist-turned-conductor into the kitchen, Jack placed his sombrero upside down on the counter, depositing his prop vihuela inside the hat. Making sure the blinds were closed, he moved into an open area and beckoned to the teenaged reaper with one hand. "Alright, kid, come at me."

• 2 weeks later...

"Could you show us how it works... Jack?"

Zombie CatGrim does some sort of odd, ‘two-fisted Elvis’ kung fu move while attempting her best impression of Snake the thug from The Simpsons.

“Alright, laser lightshow! Someone put on Dark Side of the Moon!â€

"Now de party can truly start, for de Maestro is here!"

“Doc! Our not-so-mysterious-yet-still-mysterious benefactor! Wilkommen Sie!â€

She hops up to give him a ghoulish but still sweet peck on the cheek.

“That’s about all the German I know, and I’m not sure I used it right, so sorry if I called your mom something horrible.â€

Before Jack could respond to Kristian's challenge, a series of sharp knocks rang out from the foyer. Being the closest to the entrance, the swordsman walked over to open the door. "Hey, Doc! Didn't think you'd be able to make it! You're just in time to see me be awesome." Leading the scientist-turned-conductor into the kitchen, Jack placed his sombrero upside down on the counter, depositing his prop vihuela inside the hat. Making sure the blinds were closed, he moved into an open area and beckoned to the teenaged reaper with one hand. "Alright, kid, come at me."

"Hey Doc! Nice... Amadeus costume?" he commented quizicly. Pulling open a drawer in the kitchen area, Kris removes a box of strike-anywhere matches and a fresh light bulb. Tapping the bulb lightly on the kitchen sink he sets to removing the filament from the glass. With that task complete, he lit a match and held both it and the light bulb filament in the same hand while flipping off the kitchen lights with the other.

"Ready, hombre?", he asked a split-second before he tossed the contents of his hand up. When the two collided with the kitchen ceiling, a shower of white and red sparks rained down upon the Interceptors (and kid sisters thereof).

As Kris tossed the match and filament into the air, Jack flipped backwards, his feet briefly making contact with the edge of the kitchen counter before he launched upward, arms spread outward. As he sailed through the air the sparks around him stopped falling and flew towards his outstretched hands in streaming spirals. The winding trails of sparks grew tighter the closer they got to his palms until the formed thin pillars of light following the extension of his arms. In the darkened room they took on the appearance of swarming fireflies.

Body rigid, he twisted in the air to land softly next to the young vigilante. He paused for a moment, a wire of red light balanced over his right hand while another of pure white hovered over his left. With a cocky grin, Jack brought his hands together before him with with a great clap, and the lines of sparks wrapped around each other and flared brighter. When his hands parted, the swashbuckler was holding a dazzling rapier of scintillating light in his right, clearly defined even as its component sparks traveled up and down the blade. Tendrils of glowing energy extended from the pommel around his closed fist, creating an intricate hand guard. Jack flourished the sword with a grand flick of his wrist, tracing patterns in the air. "And that," he smirked, "is how you do that."

When the bulb exploded Nadia instinctively ported behind cover; which in this case meant behind the island in kitchen. Yet she still had a clear view as Jack formed the glowing blade from the remnants of the bulb. Her eyebrows rose a notch as the blade swished through the air like a real sword. While getting hit with a yard of hardened steel was not fun, she didn't think that his 'light sabre' would be all that enjoyable to contact either.

Immediately she began to wonder what other tricks her new team could do.

Colt had never really been one for unnecessary displays of power and force. Why use a whole clip of ammunition when you could get the job done with just one bullet? Though it would be worth it to know what kinds of tricks his new teammates, and arguably more importantly housemates were capable of. For instance, the fact that Nadia was apparently able to teleport would be good to know if here was going to be living in the same house as she was.

Though it went against his better judgment, Colt leaned against the door jam and quietly watched the display while sipping at his root beer.

As if to confirm Colt's fears the door he was leaning on sprung open sending him across the room into the couch, as All-Star burst in. "Whats up Muchachos!" he shouted. "I got all our candy needs taken care of." He wore a dark gray business suit, with a maroon tie and blue button-up shirt. His normally spiky hair was slicked back into a conservative part. A pair of thick square glasses sat on his nose. Between his two arms he carried three large garbage bags of candies. He looked at Colt. "Hey man, no time for laying down. Help me count my haul."

Jack opened his hand, letting the sparks dissipate like sand blowing away in the wind as he walked to the switch and flipped the lights back on back on. Leaning against the end of the couch Colt had landed on, the swordsman regarded the 'mild-mannered' All-Star dryly. "Please tell me you didn't steal that from a bunch of kids, Sparky," he drawled.

Rolling her eyes, Jill picked up her brother's sombrero from the kitchen counter and casually whipped it across the room at his head. The hat flew unerringly like a discus until Jack, without looking over, snagged it out of the air by its brim and donned it in a single fluid motion. Tipping it rakishly, he grinned at his sister. "Thanks, hermana."

Jill folded his arms across her jumpsuit and scoffed. "I swear, if he had to give up food or showing off..." she noted to Lynn, taking a moment to find where Nadia was now standing, just behind her. The younger of the siblings nodded slightly in the direction of the two new arrivals. "So... is that really... I mean..." She bit her lower lip nervously and lowered her voice. "That's actually the actual Dr. Archeville?"

Colt frowned up at All-Star for a second from the couch. He simply sighed, and let the comment roll off of him. Reckon someday someone's gon' have'ta teach him some manners. Hope I ain't the one ta draw that short straw.

Standing from the couch and straightening his feathered headdress, he glanced down at the carpet where the cup of soda had been knocked out of his hand. "Reckon somebody outta clean that up. I'll go'an get a rag." Colt made a move towards the kitchen again. Somethin' tells me he ain't makin' a move ta do it.

"Please tell me you didn't steal that from a bunch of kids, Sparky,"

Colt called out from the other room, "On account'a the recent display, ain't that nickname kinda' ironic?"

"Don't be ridiculous Jackie boy," All-Star said in mock hurt. "Thirteen year-olds are young adults." he walked up to Grim and held out one of the large bags. "For the house M'lady." Then he jumped into the nearest couch and started rummaging through it for goods. He found several pieces of caramel that he quickly stripped and popped in his mouth.