Invasion! - West End (OOC)

Cyroa

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setbacks are when things just aren’t going the hero’s way. When a hero suffers a significant failure, the player gets a hero point. Generally, a “significant failure†is a failed skill check or saving throw with the worst possible result: a Climb check where the hero falls, a Toughness save where the hero is knocked out, a Reflex save that leaves the hero helpless, a Will save where the hero is mind-controlled, and so forth.

I'ma just sayin'.

Of course. I don't think I'll actually bother, though. If Jack wakes up now, he'll still be disabled. If I wait for him to wake up normally I might be able to use the point for Inspire before he passes out again from the strain. Unless the rest of you can deal with these punks before then!

Jack's out, so I guess that means it's my turn!

Move action: Take off! Use Flight 3 to begin circling the battlefield.

Standard Action: Using Armor Piercing Rounds on the big demon that KO'ed Jack because he's a mean fellow.

Power Attack 5; DC 28 TOU/ DC 23 FORT on hit (1d20:11+13=24)

I'm hoping a 24 hits. :)

Keep in mind the increased DC's are because my updates for this month went through, and you said we could start using those whenever that happened. :)

Jack's out, so I guess that means it's my turn!

Using Armor Piercing Rounds on the big demon that KO'ed Jack because he's a mean fellow.

I'm choosing to interpret that as meaning that Jack is a bad ass, and was singled out for attack because of it. You gotta take out the biggest threat first, amirite?

Just 9 rounds until the next roll to recover from unconsciousness!

Right, 5 on 1 is not good odds. So until my comrades can clear the big guy, it's time to turtle up.

Standard Action: Defensive Attack +4/-4 (Def is now DC 27)

(09:32:15) FreedomBot: blink rolls 1d20 and gets 19. Crit! (1d20+10-4=25) So Hit DC25

Damage is DC30 if stealth gives sneak attack, DC25 if it doesn't. (Damage is 20 base +5 crit +5 sneak attack)

Move Action: Stealth (1/2 Move Hide in Plain Sight)

(09:33:49) FreedomBot: blink rolls 1d20 and gets 10. (1d20+15=25) So Stealth of DC25

Free Action: If I hit, Grapple...

(09:51:38) FreedomBot: blink rolls 1d20 and gets 20. (1d20+30=50) Crit, and I think I successfully grapple :)

Edits: Realized I had a crit. Placed the grapple score in there. Also, I have the DC on unarmed wrong on my sheet, I should be DC20 unarmed with a 20 strength... I also did +1 damage from last round if it mattered. Oh and Sand, Ecals, and Durf were in the room if anyone needs to check on the rolls, Castle was down and I didn't know about Durf's roller until I made all the rolls.

Quote: yes it hits.

Unfortunately:

(had to use a online dice roller since cant reliably get to chat roller and IC is down)

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +16" :

18 + 16 = 34

So made the Toughness with room to spare...

BUT

Result of the throw of dice "1d20 +10" :

4 + 10 = 14

missed the Fort check by 9. Ugh. So...what is the Fort effect/roll for?

Blink:

are you attacking to damage? Or to grapple? Not sure what I'm rolling here

"Armor Piercing Rounds" Blast 8 (Extras: Linked to Paralyze 8 [Extras]; PF: Penetrating 2, Accurate 2, Improved Range (175ft), Improved Critical 2, Variable Descriptor 1) [40] {1dp}

So the Fort save was for Paralyze. Since he failed by 9, he is paralyzed: helpless and unable to move or take any actions.

Just to get things moving on the issue of blink, She was attacking to deal damage. If that attack hits, since she has improved grapple she may make a free grapple attempt. So you have to roll a save vs. damage, and then make an opposed grapple check for the demon.

Also, try using this dice roller when IC is down:

http://dice.game-host.org/

(15:02:05) FreedomBot: Cyroa rolls 1d20 and gets 10.

+12 = 22

For this round, I'll say the sneak attack counts. After that, they'll not be quite so surprised.

So, failed by 8 = 1 wounded and stunned!

and you are most certainly grappling ;)

ok, I'll get a in character post up shortly responding...

With Hide in Plain Sight, doesn't that give me concealment each round if I make a stealth check that they don't notice? That's where the sneak attack is coming from. That's why I'm making stealth checks for you each round. If I blow that, or they notice me, then I can't make the sneak attack. I think the only requirement for it is concealment... but I am kind of new at this.