With a few lucky hints from Edge, who'd watched a whole lot of movies about bomb disposal and such, Geckoman was able to pry the dimensional modulator out of its housing. With a rumbling, dissatisfied roar, the great machine before them ground to a halt, a deep, alarming whine beginning to develop from somewhere deep in its midsection. The guard Erin was holding twisted his head to look, horror on his face. "Ach, nein! You fools! We shall all die!"

"Of course it is," Edge muttered, a look of calm, reasoned sureness on his face. "This is how it always happens. Everybody out, let's move!"

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why does this always happen? See, when I build my dimensional whachamacallit, I will personally make sure that should it ever have components remove, it shuts down without exploding in a horrific mess. Seriously, do you people not have any qualified mechanics, or architects, or even a two-year-old who can tell you that if something breaks, it's best that it doesn't explode!?" With the modulator under his arm, Geckoman went to retreat back to the Sea Hawk.

Phalanx took the lead just in case there was company waiting on their way to the Seahawk. "Who cares why it gonna blow up lets just out of here before it does." He said as he started moving up the stairs. He wasn't so much concerned for Wander and himself they likely could surrvive the blast but while Geckoman might recover and Edge might manage to get blown clear it was n't really something he was willing to bank on.

Erin loosened her grip on the guard, checked to make sure he was unarmed, then gave him a quick pat on the back. "Better try and keep up," she advised, then fell in behind Edge and Geckoman as they headed back to the ship. "So much for the idea of salvaging the place," she muttered, casting a quick look back over her shoulder. "Doubt anybody will get much from it now."

• 2 weeks later...