Posted (edited)

GM

"We should all stick together, Miss Vueriz," Dr. Macedon quickly says, before any of the other students get away from her. She frowns as she looks around. It doesn't look anything like any of the stories that her grandfather had told her about going through the Magic Mesa, or the one time she had gone through it herself. "I'm sorry miss O’Connell, but I've only been through here once before, and we never really found out what happened, but we obviously did it because..." She turns and looks behind them. The cave they came through has closed. "... Yep, it's gone. It should open once we do whatever needs doing. The one time I got through this I got back to the 80'es, this looks a bit more advanced."

She pauses and looks around. The park they are in seems eerily empty. They can't see any other people anywhere.

"I don't suppose any of you kids got any powers that'd be useful for tracking down the last member of our little crew?"

Carmen is as alone as the rest of her group, but she is too far away to see or hear them, even with her advanced senses. It is strange to see a park this empty, even at night, but then again, everything here is very different.

The silence is broken by a horn, like an air raid alarm. She barely has time to react before an explosion cuts through the darkness not far from her. Statues like the one of Golden Star that she is standing comes flying through the air, apparently made from a material able to withstand the explosion. One lands right next to her, only barely missing. It is a woman that looks like she is dressed like the Raven.

Further away, the rest of the group sees and hears the explosion, even if it is far more faint.

Edited by RocketLord
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multi-Girl

Bernadette had to stop herself from laughing at Vueriz's statement about being more compatible with Baz. After all, the redhead was not completely sure whether the small alien had intended to say it like that, or if it was due to not understanding the possible meanings of the phrase, or just an issue with her translator. Dr. Macedon’s response about them all staying together helped her focus on the more immediate issues.

"Aye, I agree with Dr. Macedon, an' Baz, we all stay together." The Irish teen responded. "But…if fer any reason we do need ta split up, havin' my duplicate in a different group would be best."

"As then both groups would have a way ta communicate." The duplicate continued, tapping the side of her head and then pointing over toward the original Bernadette with a smile.

Bernadette had just been about the answer Dr. Macedon's question when there was the sound of sirens and then an explosion flashed in the distance, the sound of it faint but clearly audible. "Well….I think we have a clue where we might need ta start." Bernadette stated as she prepared to start heading in the direction of the explosion.

Gamma Buzz

"Explosions! Wheee!" said Gamma Buzz, antennae alert. 

"I mean.. Explosions. They can be nasty, right? Like, dangerous nasty? I mean, what exploded, and what caused the explosion? And are we going to be dodging missiles and hopping over mines? this all sounds like some kinda world war 2 movie. You know, like the movies they show in the movie theatre."

He trembled slightly. 

"It seemed much more fun in black and white and when it wasnt happening..."

He straightened his back. 

"But its also an opportunity to be a hero, right? Like a superhero?"

Invigorated by his decleration, he started hopping after Bernadette. 

La Puma Negra

Her mind and body had wandered around, looking rather bored as she went from one statue to other. There was plenty of these things, all of different heroic costumed figures of a large variety. It was all somewhat confusing to her, this strange and weird environment, like a look into another sort of future that seemed to exist beyond the comprehension. Michael, or at the least a future version of him as Golden Star was there but she didn't seem to be among the ones made. No future her to look at or critique. Carmen hadn't liked the idea of a statue being made in her honor, thinking it gawdy, but maybe there was something else to it? That would be lost as the statue of someone wearing the costume of the Raven fell down to land right next to her, impacting the ground alongside a blaring siren noise.

Carmen is caught utterly off guard, the sound causing her typical keen senses to be distracted, jumping a little after the statue nearly hit her, "Jeez!" she says, moving towards the darkness where it had come from.

GM

"Don't be too happy about explosions and world wars, Mr. Botez," Doctor Macedon mentions as she starts running towards the explosion. "My grandfather told me that a group of students got sent back to the second world war to fight nazi super villains once." She pauses and grimaces. "I don't want that to happen again."

Carmen soon finds the source of the explosion of flying statue that almost hit her. In the middle of the park where she passed by before, that is now a large crater, with a woman with short white hair dressed in a blue costume with a gold chest plate and white cape lying on her back. She appears to be barely concious, her costume torn showing bruises and scrapes underneath.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group is reaching the source of the explosion, at the edge of the park in the city. Several costumed individuals, all wearing rather futuristic costumes, are on the ground or in buildings, while a group of men and women in uniforms with black legs, dark grey shirts and red markings showing two jagged S symbols on the chest. They are all heavily armed and seem to be regrouping.

Gamma Buzz

"Hey! Look! Its like, like a 50s Sci Fi show! They have got space uniforms, right? And probably those are laser blasters or something!"

Baltazar was still glowing with pride from being called Mister Botez! That's right! A mister! A proper person. Who deserved respect and everything. 

"Wait... does that mean we have to get to cover or something? I mean, I don't want to get blasterized into a pile of purple powder. Is blasterized a word? It should be a word. For when you get turned into a pile of purple powder... No, wait. Aren't sci fi people meant to set to stun first or something? Sounds a bit risky. Perhaps we should hide behind a rock or something?"