Quirk Kart (OOC)

Thevshi

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Huckleberry @The Sailor

Thanks for the IC posts!

As mine indicates, this next stage is partially through Kingston and then partially across the bridge. Given the short span, there does not appear to be any way for Mizuki to go into the water Sailor.

The Omegadrones are staying on everyone for the moment.

Time for rolls and actions.

rolled a 19 Rolled a 13 but I think I'll HP that for a re-roll.

BETTER... rolled a 19.

The plan is to use my invincibility to knock the last koopa out of the race and any remaining time with it to start getting a possible lead. I'll be doing the serpentine as I go to make it harder to hit me. On a side, on any turns I do plan to drift as not to lose speed heading to the next item zone.

Edited by The Sailor

Oops. I forgot about being attached. 

So remote pilot check is okay, with a 20.

Attack roll on omegadrone is a 19.

If that hits, that's a rank 7 Toughness Drain and rank 7 damage. Which might be bad news for the omnidrone of it doesn't have a Fortitude score? Doubtful it would apply with that roll, but her attack normally has autofire.

They actually do (there are people inside the armor). It gets a 19 on the Fort Save, and 21 on the toughness save, so takes a bruise, but I will say it disrupts its chance to attack you again.

Okay, RK 1 rolls to catch up, getting a 24

RK 2 gets a 19, so Mizuki rams into it and knocks it off course and away from Consuelo as she flies up to attack the omegadrone.

Lawrence makes his reflex check, only getting a 14, tempted to use a HP, but will save them for now. He will again take the Dodge action (so +4 defense), but loses some ground as everyone else gains some ground in catching up to him.

Omegadrones attacking Koopas: 26 and 21, so both hit: Koopa toughness saves: 

24 and 8, so RK 2 is taken out by an omegadrone!

Omegadrones attacking Timeout: 16 and 22 both miss (the second just barely)

Omegadrones attacking Mizuki: 26 and 12 so one hit, but she is INVICIBLE (last stage for that)

Okay, summary:

@Huckleberry Consuelo flies up and punches the drone, hurts it, but does not take it out, but disrupts its attack. She does not have any other issues, as Mizuki took care of the Koopa that was trying to ram her racer.

@The Sailor Mizuki rams into the Koopa that was going after Consuelo. She is attacked by two Omega drones, one hits, but she is fine due to her power up.

They both are catching up a bit with Lawrence, as they travel through the rest of Kingston, across the short bridge, and now will be entering the City Center.

Time for IC posts!

Note, TL should now be at 2 HP due to this post:

On 1/24/2024 at 8:19 PM, The Sailor said:

rolled a 19 Rolled a 13 but I think I'll HP that for a re-roll.

BETTER... rolled a 19.

The plan is to use my invincibility to knock the last koopa out of the race and any remaining time with it to start getting a possible lead. I'll be doing the serpentine as I go to make it harder to hit me. On a side, on any turns I do plan to drift as not to lose speed heading to the next item zone.

I plan on getting some speed, and getting control of the next power-up, while observing what is being planned by the three new interlopers. I know City Center has circular streets, so this will play well to my driftstyle I've been using. Just one question, are there multiple levels or ledges I could ride on by hopping up then hopping back down to the main road?

Rolled a Modified 20.

Okay, time to get this sorted. 

Rot's attack will hit Blur's racer, Blur gets a 15 on his Fort save, so -2 toughness is drained away, and he gets a 9 on his toughness save and it OUT of the race!

Widowmaker gets a 17 on his reflex check, so he is not doing well keeping in the race, he will fire his automatic shotgun at Lawrence, getting a 29! Miss chance: 16! Lawrence's time tricks save him again!

Incendiary gets a 15 on his reflex check, so is also not keeping up well. He will fire a flame blast after Mizuki, getting a 26. That is a DC 23 toughness save @The Sailor

Lawrence gets a 14 on his reflex check, so I will use a HP now and reroll, so he gets a 14 again, but with the +10, is a 24.

He will try to hit the last two bad guys with his Stun area effect, getting an 8 which will miss  horribly.

Okay summary:

This stage takes them toward the very heart of City Center, where they follow the round streets at the very heart of the city, past City Hall and Freedom Hall and then head up a diagonal road towards the Wading Way.

@Huckleberry Rot takes out the back half of Blur's racer, removing him from the race. She also catches up with Lawrence. They can see Quirk and the little girl up ahead.

@The Sailor Sailor is a bit behind Lawrence and Rot, but not far, the two remaining opponents are a bit behind her. Nothing to jump up to at this stage, and no power ups just yet.

Lets get some IC posts (Just three more stages to go!)

@Huckleberry @The Sailor

Okay, for this next stage, going to do something a bit different. As described in my IC, the course is going to go and spiral up into the air, weaving in and out of the three towers that make up Pyramid Plaza, before ending in a ramp for a jump across a gap in the course.

So, I am asking for two Reflex checks representing navigating the winding path up. DC10 to avoid falling off! DC 15 and you avoid slowing down. DC20 and you will be in position to move ahead depending on other's rolls.

For the jump, need a third Reflex check, DC 20 to make it across! (but you can add a bonus equal to Flight and/or Leaping to this roll!)

Any questions?

Alright. Using updated Rot sheet, has a lower Reflex save, but better flight. 

Up the winding path, roll a 17. So doesn't fall off.

Across the gap, roll a 17 at first, use hero point to reroll and get 30.

Aha. You said we need two Reflex rolls for going up the path. Second one for speed: 9

So not so fast.

Hmm. With having to make a power check for anything, I though area effects were off the table in this format, but I see Lawrence just used one. Many opportunities missed for Rot to target multiple opponents. Oh well. 

Well, we typically have PCs abilities be at what they were when a thread was started, though some GMs will let a player use an updated sheet, so would sort of prefer here to keep with what we have been using so far (ie the old sheet)

Huck, just to be clear, there were two checks to stay on the course, how well you did in terms of speed was built into that, so you got a 23 and 15 on those, gaining some ground with the first roll, and not losing any the second.

Widowmaker: gets a 19 and 18 on his checks to stay on the course and does not lose ground, or really gain any. He bombs his jump check with a 7, so is out of the race.

Incendiary gets a 16 and 23 on the first two checks, so is catching up to Mizuki. He also nails his jump check with a 25, but Mizuki gets a bit further ahead with her jump.

So, Lawrence, he gets an 18 and 27 on the first two checks, so gain a good bit of ground in the last bit. For the jump, he will stunt a teleport off his main array, with more than enough points to get across. Spends a HP to recover the fatigue.

Reminder of HPs

Timeout 2 HP

Rot 1 HP (bruised)

Torpedo Lass 2 2 HP

@Huckleberry @The Sailor See above for results, both bad guys are right here with you all on the twisting course through the trio of buildings that are Pyramid Plaza, Widowmaker fails to make the jump. Go ahead and embellish as you like, including on your jump with your IC posts!

Two more stages to go!

@Huckleberry @The Sailor

Okay, almost to the end, two more stages to go, and the toughest opponents yet are in the race.

Back to the normal formula, a Reflex/Drive check for driving/moving forward (with +3 bonus if you focus on going fast).

If you want to do an attack or any other action, give me a roll for that (though ramming will just use the reflex/drive check)

Lets go!

(and Easter egg, not that your PCs would know, but all three opponents are ones Velocity has faced at some point in her career, with Johnny Speed being one she faced in thread almost 16 years ago, when she earned her spot on the Freedom League)

Okay I'm going to focus on going fast and keeping that speed if there's any turns, and hopefully if there's power-ups snag them. Might need them. Note I'm at 1 HP. Not 2.

The roll: 14 Not sure what'll happen, so I better use that last HP

The Roll: The result on the die was an 8, since this was a HP reroll that means I rolled an 18, and with the +8 from my Reflexes plus the going fast bonus I got a 26.

Okay, Rot's driving roll is 15.

If she can target both Mindfire and Ares with her disintegration, she will. If not, she'll just target Mindfire. She will use extra effort to increase the rank to 9 and a hero point to recover from fatigue. Well folks, her power check roll is a natural 20, for a total of 29

@Huckleberry @The Sailor

Okay, just thought of this on a walk this afternoon, but realized there is no reason for Lawrence to not just cut loose for the last to stages. So, he is going to stunt off his main Array an area Speed 10 effect (selective) with lots of extra points to make it really big, so he can be sure to keep Mizuki and Carmen in the area. So, this will replace the +3 speed from the car (like Lawrences Speed 6 replaced it) for Lawrence it stacks with the power he already has for speed.

Sailor, that will push your roll to 33!

Huck, if you want to stick with your attack for this stage, that might be good, as Mindfire has a lot of perception range stuff, so she does not need to stay right up with everyone to make things hard. Due to their positioning, you will only be able to hit Mindfire.

As we are not operating on initiative, will have attacks go off roughly the same time so Mindfire is hitting Consuelo with a mental attack, DC 25 Will save.

Assuming you continue with your attack (instead of just speed)

Your Crit means a DC 24 Fort save vs drain: she gets a 9, so she will lose 14 Toughness.

A DC 29 toughness save: 7 she is gone.

Aries is going to try to just keep up with Lawrence and Mizuki, getting a 31 on his reflex check, so he is a bit behind Mizuki

Johnny Speed is (unsurprisingly) also pouring everything into speed, getting a terrible roll, a 29! I am going to give him a reroll (HP to everyone!) and he gets a 42!

Lawrence is pouring on the speed, getting a 42!

So, final, Lawrence has pulled ahead, a just about up to Quirk, with Johnny Speed neck and neck wiht him.

Mizuki is next, followed by Aries.

Consuelo has fallen behind, but took out Mindfire (and maybe took some damage in the process depending on her will save).

TIme for IC posts after Huck's will save.

Reminder of where we are for HPs (after everyone got one for Johnny Speed's reroll above):

Timeout 2 HP

Rot 1 HP (bruised)

Torpedo Lass 2 1 HP