Quirk Kart (OOC)

Thevshi

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off... Vicki is driving!  With two hands on the wheel this time!  1d20+7 = 19

Then, she is going to try and grab the steering wheel with her Telekinesis and try to get one Koopla to run into the other.  Not quite sure what to roll, but I'm going to guess it's strength on strength? 1d20+8 = 26

As a side note the power does have precise, so I'm hoping that helps in getting it to do what she wants.

Okay, just a reminder where people stand for HPs:

Timeout 4 HP

Magic 8 Ball 3 HP

Rot 1 HP

Torpedo Lass II 3 HP

Okay, will start with TLII, @The Sailor You do get a +7 to that as you are only focusing on driving, and as your racer goes into the water it transforms into a min-sub and your Swimming power kicks in! There is a bioluminescent lighting marking the course through the water for you and it follows the elevated track across the Narrows toward North Bay. Still not the best roll, but on the plus side there are no tentacles trying to smash you.

@Huckleberry Yeah, both the banana peel and disintegrate miss. One of the tenacles is going to come down, odd=Rot/even=RK1 : 16 It is going to try to hit RK1: hitting with a 25, DC 21 toughness save: 23, so it makes it through the attack unscathed. It is going to try to ram Rot, hitting her with a 25, so her attempts to pull away again are disrupted.

@BitCook Check against your TK: 7! Vicki manages to easily turn the wheel and cause RK2 to suddenly turn and crash into RK3 in spectacular fashion and sending both out of control and unable to do anything else. One of the tentacles has the choice of Vicki or RK2: (Odd=V/E=RK2= 4 the koopa again): DC21 toughness save: 14, so not only does RK2 smash into his pal (casuing him to go out of control), it then gets smashed by a tentacle and is gone!

Lawrence is just going to focus on driving this round (getting +6 to his check from his Speed), he rolls a 33 so poised to make up a lot of ground. A tentacle will try to hit him, 11 badly missing.

RK4 was going to try to ram into Lawrence, but cannot hope to match his speed, so, will make a drive roll just to see where it is: 9, not doing so well. A tentacle will try to hit as well, hitting with a 25, another DC 21 toughness save: 26 with a natural 20! (its fine, just way in the back)

Okay, let's see some IC posts!

Okay, suspect RL has gotten BitCook for the moment, but don’t want to hold this up much longer, so will say that for this round, Vicki and one of the Koopas get tangled up and both fall back a bit. Reminder of current HPs:

Timeout 4 HP

Magic 8 Ball 3 HP

Rot 1 HP

Torpedo Lass 2 3 HP

@Huckleberry Huck, trying to ram a Koopa would be an action (so Rot could not then also make a disintegrate attack), but I will just take that as a drive roll and go with the attack, which will be a hit.

The Koopa gets a Reflex check against the Drain, making its save with a 20, but still has the DC 22 toughness save: only getting a 17 which is bruised and dazed! So it will fall behind this round and not be able to attack anyone or take other actions.

@The Sailor Sailor, as I mentioned in discord, Mizuki gets a combination of swimming (going into the bay/through the yacht club) and then leaping to jump out of the water and back up onto the track as it goes up the hill and in among the fancy houses of North Bay. She is able to get back up to where Consuelo is (and slightly ahead of Vicki and two of the Koopas).

The last Koopa will try to ram Lawrence, getting a 21

Lawrence was again going to just try to go fast, failing spectacularly with a 17 on a natural one, will use a HP to reroll: much better with a 30, so he is able to pull ahead of RK1 before getting rammed.

Tentacle attacks: 
Lawrence: 7 misses

RK 2 (one Rot just hit): 12 misses

Consuelo: another 7 misses

So, Summary: Rot blasts one of the Koopas, damaging its racer some and making it fall behind. She falls a bit behind, but not as far as Vicki (and the Koopa that got tangled up with her)

Mizuki speeds along under water, before jumping back up onto the track and getting back up to where Consuelo is.

Lawrence speeds ahead and several tentacles make last attempts to hit Consuelo, Lawrence and one of the Koopas, but all miss.

Lets get some IC posts, then I will post and set up the next stage of the race

So lemme know if I am getting this straight:

Things a drive roll can do:

See how fast you go (with a bonus if you forgo your attack)

Try to ram an opponent (you can't make other attacks if you so this. Does the drive roll still count for how fast you go in this case? Y/N?)

Things a drive roll can't do:

Be used to avoid an attack

Yeah, sorry, as I have said, I have been kind of playing things a bit fast and loose with this thread, given the unusual nature of Quirk and the "world" he has dumped the PCs in. Here is the general "rules" I am following:

The general drive/reflex roll is an measure of how the PC is doing in terms of staying in control and moving forward/falling behind in the race.

As you indicate, if you just focus on going as fast as possible (basically moving all-out), you get a +3 bonus (though Lawernce is able to make use of his Speed, and Mizuki was able to use her swimming when she was under water).

If you choose to ram an opponent, then the roll is your attack roll, and still is considered as a general roll above (ie how well you stay in control and in position in the race). A bad roll on a ram attempt would not only be a miss, but could indicate losing control and falling behind.

I do take into account particularly good drive rolls when compared to ram attack, particular if the defender is already in the lead and trying to just pull ahead (as Lawrence has done), as the attacker just cannot keep up. 

If you wanted to drive purely defensively, then there would be a general drive roll and you would get the advantage of the Dodge action against any attacks. 

Hope this helps.

@The Sailor @Huckleberry @BitCook Okay, next stage is through the ruins of Kingston, with Omegadrones closing in to attack everyone. 

Unfortunately, the track is no longer a bridge over water, however, once through Kingston, there will be another bridge that leads into the City Center of downtown. I forgot to add in the IC, but there are some powerups ahead.

Time for rolls/actions.

So, when you say drive purely defensively, am I reading that as you get a Dodge bonus, but you don't take any actions or make any rolls that round? Or do you still make a drive roll, but it somehow counts less towards how fast you go, in some kind of way?

Yeah, sorry about the confusion, I will try to be as clear as I can in both IC and the OOC posts and give heads up on things that could be an advantage like the idea of blasting the track behind you (there will be two more chances to do so when it is a bridge over water, and probably other opportunities as well). I plan on one stage (round of rolling) in Kingston before we are back on a bridge into the City Center.

As for defensive driving, you still make a general drive roll for where you might end up in terms of position, but you do not get the +3 bonus, but yeah, you use your action to just drive defensive, I will give a +4 dodge bonus to defense for the round. So no attacks/rams or anything else in that stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder of current HPs:

Timeout 3 HP

Magic 8 Ball 3 HP

Rot 1 HP

Torpedo Lass 2 3 HP

There are currently only two Koopas up near Rot and TL2, though one is a bit behind after being dazed by Rot last stage.

RK1 will try to ram into TL2 to prevent her from getting a power up, failing horribly with a 9 on the reflex/drive check, so passes harmlessly behind TL2 who speeds ahead and falls behind. TL2 gets a power up (which is a Star, making her Invulnerable to attacks (including ramming) for this stage and the next!)

RK2 will try to catch up, getting a 28! so is right back up there with Rot, but is not attacking this round, as it focused just on driving.

Lawrence will take the Dodge action as he drives (bosting his defense by +4 for the stage), and gets a 29 for his Reflex/Drive check, meaning he pulls a bit further ahead and closer to Quirk!

And then the Omegadrones descend:

Two attack Lawrence: getting 15 and 25 on their attack rolls with energy blasts from their power pikes, which means the second will hit, but miss chance: 18, so Lawrence's time distortion works again and the attack misses.

One attacks Rot: flying down to try to stab her with the power pike: 22 which hits, a DC 22 toughness save for Rot! @Huckleberry

One attacks TL2, shooting an energy blast at her: missing with a 7

One each attacks the two Koopas: 20 and 14, so the first hits RK1, which gets a 9 on its toughness save, which will put it out of the race!

So summary:

@The Sailor TL2 just pulled ahead of one of the Koopas that tried to ram her, getting the power up and becoming invincible for this stage and the next. (the Koopa that tried to ram her then had an omegadrone swoop down on it and skewer it with a power pike and take it out of the race). Another omegadrone shot an energy blast at TL2, but missed.

Rot missed with her attack and the last remaining Koopa caught back up with her and TL2. An omegadrone flew down and stabbed Rot with its Power Pike (see above for the toughness save neeed).

Lawrence pulled further ahead, with two drones shooting energy blasts at him, one seemed about to hit before another time distortion moved Lawrence out of the way at the last moment.

So currently, Rot has Impervious toughness 9 on her sheet. It's illegal, but hasn't been corrected yet. The character edit I'll be submitting soon will have her at Impervious toughness 8. Either way, I think she would be unaffected by what looks like a rank 7 damage effect/attack from the omega drones.

Also, she's didn't attack, but made a 21 for her driving roll, and a useless 11 to counter an attack with disintegration.