Teching the Tech (OOC)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spacefurry: 

This is not Lor, Grue, or similar technology (good news, since it's not an alien infiltrator!) nor is it particularly recent (bad, since that makes it hard for you to access).

It's not just not-recent - it's downright old! You can see real wires in there and even visible mechanical gears. It's almost retro; this is the sort of thing you'd expect from the Foundry forty-some years ago. But as far as you can tell the bot wasn't actually that old; it looks more like someone deliberately made an old-fashioned bot. 

The best news is that this was never a sentient machine (however good it was at pretending to be one); this was always a non-sentient drone with a smart AI inside. So you didn't just see something die!

You don't have the gear on you to hack into it; you need someone with the proper equipment to hack into its brain. 

Ok Interview time...

32 for Sense Motive (the one thing he is agood at!)

But he has also copied Intimidate skill so trying his luck at that

15 not so good!

If it helps then taking 10 on any relevant knowledge skill (Streetwise would be 23 total), and using his copied Well Informed feat and taking 10 on gather information (for a 22 result)/ 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Also:

Not sure how Echohead's mental senses would work. Detect "Brains" might not work on robots-I guess its how Avenger feels the robots brains/mind/computers work and how near they are to humans?

Given the detect minds is analytical, I would guess that if Echohead can detect robots minds he could get a feel that they would be robotic, again depending on how precise a copy it is. Normally that sense would be something like getting the brains intelligence level and things like particular areas of strength/weaknesses. 

Happy to go with whatever you feel best, Avenger :) Keep up the mystery!

Predator will try to track down any intelligence on activities in the island as well as records of ‘Mr Cardonas’s’ travel to and from the island, and his activities on the island if possible.

She would hope that she can request some info from AEGIS. The rest she’ll probably have to hunt for on her own, with her AI helper.

Still haven’t added that damned feat to her sheet. -_-

So I guess it’s a Computer check with a -5 penalty again.
If she has time to take 20 that would be a 25.

If not I can roll.

Also, are we going with a less devastated version of the island? I only ask cause I was looking at the wiki page.

Oh no, the island is just as devastated as it is in our history. 

You find evidence that Cardenas has made several visits to the island. One of his energy companies, GeoCard, is trying to build a geothermal tap of the volcano - a project that had a great deal of publicity when it started a few years ago (the usual Internet buzz, appearance in sci-fi and science magazines, etc) but has had no reports of success -or of anything else - for some time. Montserrat is generally too small, too out of the way, and too poor to be of much interest to superheroes. Various Caribbean heroes have shown up to help during volcanic eruptions but for the most part, it's an area of the world with little metahuman activity. 

@Supercape, I am glad you asked that question - because here's what Echohead perceives...in a dream! 

<spoiler>

You are a lone fly, buzzing along, envious of the beautiful butterflies. A smiling friend offers to bind you in a cocoon so you can transform just like the beautiful ones. As the binding wraps tight around you, you realize too late that your smiling friend was a spider - and you have let yourself be bound in its web. You look in a mirror and see - the face of Cardenas himself! And then you awaken. 

</spoiler> 

• 2 weeks later...