Chimera 

“Last girl?”

Chimera didn’t have time to think about the implications of this as the big guy continued to back away from them. He didn’t seem to be about to run yet, but he was nervous and she didn’t want to push it and lose their chance.

“Matthew? Does she know him?”

She wondered for a moment before she realized.

”Oh, Math... It’s a logical leap.”

On 5/3/2021 at 11:26 PM, Lone_Star said:

"If you tell us who's doing this, we might be able to help. We're heroes," she said, retracting her helmet so it could see her face. "It's what we do."

On 5/6/2021 at 5:11 PM, Nerdzul said:

"Hey, you know what? Maybe we can talk with the master?" Luke smiled affably at the creature

“That’s right.” She agreed, supporting the others. “We’re heroes. We help people. Maybe we can help your master too.” She added hastily.

Without approaching she tried to catch Jamie’s attention and reassure her. She honestly didn’t know what she would have done if these other heroes hadn’t shown up. She owed them big time.

GM

Math...Matthew? Is he trying to tell us his name? "Why don't you tell us a little more about your master? He can't be very nice if he's taking women like this. Don't you see that this girl is scared, Matthew?"  She maintained eye contact with the creature, trying to keep it in her sights.

Brute seemed to reaction to the name Matthew as he hits the said of his head with the heel of his palm several times as he breaks eye contact, closing his eyes tightly.

”No...! OnlY BrUte! mAsteR kNOws!”

The sudden motion jerks his hostage, extracting a cry of fear.

"Don't worry man, as I said we are all friends here..."  Nightscale tried to calm the creature as he noticed that he was twitching at the mere touch of Shooting Star when before he had shrugged off their attacks like it was nothing. 

Brute looks in Nightscale’s direction, making eye contact for only a moment. But it’s long enough for the Claremonter to reestablish his power on the apparently fearful monster of a man. Brute noticeably calms again.

"If you tell us who's doing this, we might be able to help. We're heroes," she said, retracting her helmet so it could see her face. "It's what we do."

“MaStEr’s ordErs.”
The big man’s head swings over to look at Outrider again. He cocks his head to the side as the she retracts her helmet, like her having a head under it was a surprise.

"Hey, you know what? Maybe we can talk with the master?" Luke smiled affably at the creature,

45 minutes ago, Spacefurry said:

“That’s right.” She agreed, supporting the others. “We’re heroes. We help people. Maybe we can help your master too.” She added hastily.

Brute’s brow furrowed with the obvious effort of thinking. Slowly he nods his head.

“HelP... heLp MAster wiTh giRl.”

The decision seeming made, the big man turns and starts to walk again down the alley. The girl under his arm biting back another cry at she tries to look back at the heroes. 

Sirens pierce the night somewhere nearby and strange eyes watch from the shadows.

Alice looked grim as 'Matthew' flinched in reaction to his own name before proceeding to beat the name out of himself. Whatever this 'Master' had done... Well it would probably be a long time before Matthew was okay.

If ever.

With that final grim thought she gave the girl a sympathetic look and took a deep calming breath before starting to follow the poor man. She didn't want anything like this happening again, and was going to do her damnedest to make sure it didn't.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, sure, lead the way will you?” Nightscale nodded calmly, trying to keep the pace with the big guy so that he could more easily keep him enthralled. That was risky as hell wasn’t it? Especially for the poor girl that was still in the brute's grasp.

We can help you watch her if you like? I mean, you are very strong, don’t you think she might be hurt on the way? I bet the master would not be happy about it.” 

Plus his power was not going to last forever anyway and there were big chances that whoever was pulling Matthews strings could break his spell at the worst possible time. And in that case, well, it was way better if no innocent risked being caught in the crossfire.

By the way what’s your name?” He added, addressing the trapped girl. Don’t worry we will get you out of this. He mimicked with his lips. Yeah hopefully. 

How, is your master like?” He continued, this time shifting back to ‘Matt’ pretending like if he was just making conversation.

Edited by Nerdzul

El looked at her teammates, mind racing. This is a delicate situation. Let's continue to stay calm... Her hands faintly twitched, her desire to smack him again rising. No! This is not a monster, or at least, he wasn't always a monster. If we follow him we can stop a worse one...

Finally, an idea came to her. "I'm strong too!" she said, and flexed her huge arms. "Let me carry the girl for a while, just for now. You look like you could use a break, big guy." She nodded to the monster's hostage, trying to indicate as well as she could that as soon as he handed her over, he would let her 'slip away'. "I bet the master would love to have me work for him!" 

Chimera

Chimera felt sorry for the poor man, or rather what seemed to be left of him. Whoever had done this to him was the real monster. Even if they caught this ‘master’ and turned him over to the authorities, could this one ever be helped?

As she hurried to followed the larger man, she gave Jamie an apologetic look and tried to give her a reassuring nod.

She still wasn’t sure how he was doing it, but the boy seemed to have turned the big guy’s aggression off. Was She was glad the others seem ready to go along with this until they could find an opportunity to save her friend.

“Do you know your... master’s name?” Chimera tried to hide her discomfort it calling whoever was pulling this poor man’s strings, master

Posted (edited)

GM

Brute strode along as if nothing had happened just a few moments ago.

On 5/23/2021 at 7:03 AM, Nerdzul said:

We can help you watch her if you like? I mean, you are very strong, don’t you think she might be hurt on the way? I bet the master would not be happy about it.

The larger man slowed his pace for a few steps as he seem to be trying to think.

By the way what’s your name?” He added, addressing the trapped girl. Don’t worry we will get you out of this. He mimicked with his lips. Yeah hopefully.

The girl looked from Nightscale, to Chimera then back at him. She swallowed and tried not to sound as scared as she obviously was, even though her voice cracked just a little.

”J-Jamie.”

She chanced a look up at her captor but the he didn’t seem to notice the short conversation.

Brute slowed further and stopped walking, fully lost in some mental process.

On 5/27/2021 at 5:23 PM, Lone_Star said:

Finally, an idea came to her. "I'm strong too!" she said, and flexed her huge arms. "Let me carry the girl for a while, just for now. You look like you could use a break, big guy." She nodded to the monster's hostage, trying to indicate as well as she could that as soon as he handed her over, he would let her 'slip away'. "I bet the master would love to have me work for him!" 

He blinked at Outrider and cocked his head slightly. Maybe it was just Nightscale’s power. Maybe how nicely they were acting helped. Either way, he gave the apocalyptic warrior an off-putting smile, with its too many and mismatched teeth.

”MasTeR liKe sTROnG.”

He nodded to Outrider and shifted his ‘bundle’ into his hands. Jamie let out a cry of surprise as her abductor held her out towards the heroine.

How, is your master like?” He continued, this time shifting back to ‘Matt’ pretending like if he was just making conversation.

2 hours ago, Spacefurry said:

“Do you know your... master’s name?” Chimera tried to hide her discomfort it calling whoever was pulling this poor man’s strings, master

Brute shook his head as he hand Jamie to Outrider.

”MaSteR is MAstEr. maSTer Is sMaRtESt. MAsteR fIxeD BruTe.”

He says as he turns to start walking again and strange eyes continued to follow the group.

Edited by Spacefurry
10 hours ago, Spacefurry said:

The girl looked from Nightscale, to Chimera then back at him. She swallowed and tried not to sound as scared as she obviously was, even though her voice cracked just a little.

”J-Jamie.”

She chanced a look up at her captor but the he didn’t seem to notice the short conversation.

Brute slowed further and stopped walking, fully lost in some mental process.

He blinked at Outrider and cocked his head slightly. Maybe it was just Nightscale’s power. Maybe how nicely they were acting helped. Either way, he gave the apocalyptic warrior an off-putting smile, with its too many and mismatched teeth.

”MasTeR liKe sTROnG.”

He nodded to Outrider and shifted his ‘bundle’ into his hands. Jamie let out a cry of surprise as her abductor held her out towards the heroine.

Brute shook his head as he hand Jamie to Outrider.

”MaSteR is MAstEr. maSTer Is sMaRtESt. MAsteR fIxeD BruTe.”

He says as he turns to start walking again and strange eyes continued to follow the group.

Outrider took the frightened girl in her arms, and gradually lowered her to the ground. "Just try to get somewhere safe. We don't want to set the big guy off," she said, sotto voce. She felt sorry for the poor, confused girl.

She looked at the others, and as the Brute turned his back on them, she pointed her fingers at her eyes, then back at Brute. I feel sorry for this big lug, but the sooner he gets us to 'Master', the better. Whoever's pulling the strings here sounds like the real villain here. And then we can beat him up!

In the meantime, she tried to keep the big guy talking. "So tell us about Master. What was wrong with you before that you needed to be fixed?"