Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GM

 

Friday, April 2nd

7:30 PM, sunset

 

Two blocks North-West of the Millennium Mall, 52nd Avenue runs along Liberty Park. A police cruiser turns down off the avenue, making its way down towards the mall. The uniformed officers inside glance around at the sidewalks, paying close attention as they passed. There had been several disappearances reported over the last month, mostly homeless folk. But a young couple had gone missing right off the sidewalk less than a week prior, just outside the museum a few blocks away. Officials have been able to keep it out of the media, so far. But the locals know better and as the sun sets the sidewalk crowds thin out.

 

Two twenty-something, university students walking from the mall towards the park pay no mind of the police car as it passes them. The girls talking lively as behind them, from the shadows of an alley, a large figure steps out on to the sidewalk. Its long stride allowing it to easily close the distance with the girls, until it reaches out. With a grunt and a swipe, the figure knocks one of the girls aside and grabs her friend as she begins screaming.

 

“Jamie!”

Jennifer cried out as she scrambled to her feet. A large, broad man was carrying her roommate into a dimly lit alley. The figure didn’t seem to care about her, ignoring her yells as it just walked away carrying the struggling Jamie.

“Put her down you giant creep!”

Jennifer ran into the alley after them. A moment later, the silvery-gray metallic tendril covered Chimera came flying back out over the sidewalk and slammed loudly into the side of a parked car. Chimera groans as she starts to pull herself out of the dented side of the car.

Link to post

Alice had been keeping an eye out for the kidnapper, patrolling extra when she could to find them.

 

She had to admit that she wasn't really expecting to actually find anything though. Regardless of whether she actually expected this, she wasn't just gonna float on past when people needed help. Priority one, check on the strange cape. Regardless of if they were Hero or Villain, Alice didn't know if they had super toughness and if they didn't they could have broken bones or internal bleeding. Priority two was to go after the guy of course.

 

She flew quickly to the crushed car, reaching her hands forward to the stranger to keep them from moving too much. "Hey, don't move. Are you super-tough or anything? If not, does your biology respond to modern medicine or do you have somewhere you can go for medical care?"

Link to post

Elena and Luke were on a quest that evening: to find the best pizza in Freedom City. Since her hang-out at the mall with Charlie, she had been obsessed with pizza, and trying every possible iteration of this magical food. There was nothing close to it in her time, and to have something so delicious readily available was far too tempting for her. She had eaten little else! If she was concerned with her weight (which she was not, El was a growing girl, and her powers seemed to give her a superhuman metabolism!) it would have given her pause.

 

"Mmm. I think I'm actually full. I don't know if I had ever eaten this much back in my home dimension! Why don't you pick the next track?" she shouted over the heavy metal blaring on Painkiller's speakers and its roaring engine. Since she had a few months before classes started, El had plenty of time to tinker and fix her totaled ride at Claremont's extensive auto repair garage. She kept being surprised at the land of plenty she found herself in: all the parts she could ever need readily available!

 

The sound of tearing metal split the air as the speakers blared: "I DON'T SHARE YOUR GREED, THE ONLY CARD YOU NEED IS THE ACE-OF-SPACES! THE ACE-OF-" She cut the music off, and downshifted, eventually bringing Painkiller to a stop. She turned to him, ears still ringing with the noise. "Hey Luke, should we check that out?" El asked, concerned.

Edited by Lone_Star
Link to post

Noob!" Luke teased. I think I might actually be in for another round.” He chuckled. The young man, whose human appetite perhaps didn’t much his draconic side, but was definitely close to it, was always in favor of a good pizza, especially of the all you can eat variety, for the dismay of restaurant owners aruond town more often than not. And truth to be told, he didn’t mind a ride of the Painkiller, that ride was freakin’ Awesome (yes with a capital A). “You had pizza in your home time?” He tossed casually.

 

Sure thing.” The young man grinned, leaning in to find the station, when he noticed the commotion that was happening in the alley. Looks like there was work to do. “Yeah. Definitely.” He nodded, dashing out of the car, landing on the sidewalk with ease. His eyes peering in the darkness of the alley. 

 

Are you alright?” He asked the woman that had just been thrown against a car, although she looked like the kind of person that could take it, given the whole metallic tendrils thing....

Link to post

Chimera looked up at the caped girl that had flown up to check on her.

 

On 4/3/2021 at 2:42 AM, Kaede Kimura said:

She flew quickly to the crushed car, reaching her hands forward to the stranger to keep them from moving too much. "Hey, don't move. Are you super-tough or anything? If not, does your biology respond to modern medicine or do you have somewhere you can go for medical care?"

 

"Thanks, ya. I'm tougher than I look." She said as she stood.

She glance at and nodded to the two normal looking teenagers as they ran up looking concerned.

 

On 4/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, Lone_Star said:

"Hey Luke, should we check that out?" El asked, concerned.

 

On 4/6/2021 at 5:11 PM, Nerdzul said:

Are you alright?” He asked the woman that had just been thrown against a car, although she looked like the kind of person that could take it, given the whole metallic tendrils thing....

 

"I'm okay, but you two should get to safety." She warns them, not realizing that the two were Claremont students and heroes in their own rights. She looks back at the caped girl and points down the alley at the retreating figure with its struggling hostage. "We need to help my fri-, the girl."

Link to post

GM

 

The six foot plus some figure carried the struggling young woman under its arm without care. A string of curses with a few choice colorful words about her assailant's parentage echoed down the alley, but the man didn't seem to care. It passed trash bins and stacks of boxes when a small alley dog barked at it from an empty door frame. He paused for moment seeming to regard it until someone pluck the canine up hurriedly and disappeared back into the darkness within. The figure began to move again.

Link to post

Alice looked over as the two teens ran up to them. She had to admit that she was surprised that the girl was taller than she was, but she pushed that aside as she reassessed the situation. Silver said that she was okay, and so the number one priority was retrieving the kidnapped girl. She turned to the civilians again speaking quickly, "Stay back, it's pretty obvious this guy is packing powers and I don't want any civilians caught in the crossfire. Can one of you call the authorities and tell them that there is a kidnapping happening with powers involved? Let them know that Shooting Star and-" She looked at Silver, she didn't know her name and didn't really want to call her 'Silver' out loud when she was acting as the authority, lest the name sticks and they not like it. Instead she lamely continued, "-Her... On the scene attempting to apprehend the criminal. After that get yourselves under cover."

 

With that, she sped off to the part of being a hero that she really enjoyed. Not that she didn't enjoy helping people, but nothing got her blood pumping like a fight. She rocketed past the big guy after missing an attempted tackle, stopping on a dime after passing him. "Okay creep, put the lady down or this will get ugly."

Link to post

GM

 

The man stopped when Shooting Star passed him and he tilted his as if confused for a moment. Up close, in the spotty alley lighting one could make out the tattered shirt and coat he wore. Even hanging open, they seemed to strain against the man’s bulk. The sweat pants don’t seem to fair much better, but their stretchiness help. And if the cold, damp and dirty ground bothered him, it didn’t show.

His feature were only slightly distorted, but not in a twisted sense, just a bit off. Maybe his eyes were too far apart or his nose too wide. When he bared his teeth one would swear he had too many, some of them maybe not matching if one looked too closely.

Patches of skin here and there that could be seen looked not only discolored but almost like they should belong to someone else.

 

With a snarl he stepped forward and gave a half hearted swipe at Shooting Star with the back of a broad hand. The blow connected solidly, ringing the poor girls bell. She’ll probably feel that one in the morning.

To the man’s apparent confusion tho, the dense form of the capped hero took the brunt of the impact but didn’t budge. He stands still as he seems to process this fact.

Link to post
10 hours ago, Kaede Kimura said:

"...Let them know that Shooting Star and-" She looked at Silver, she didn't know her name and didn't really want to call her 'Silver' out loud when she was acting as the authority, lest the name sticks and they not like it. Instead she lamely continued, "-Her... On the scene attempting to apprehend the criminal. After that get yourselves under cover."

 

Chimera glanced from Shooting Star to the teenagers. "Ah, Chimera." She said quickly from behind the techno-organic mask covering her face from the nose down. "You can call me Chimera."

With that, she turned her attention to the man holding her friend and ran back down the alley she had just a moment ago been thrown down. Covering the distance in a flash, she wound back her fist. Tendrils of silver-grey snaked down her arm and surrounded it from hand to elbow like a gauntlet. Chimera drove her fist into the small of the Brute's back...

And nothing, the man didn't even seem to acknowledge her.

Link to post
15 hours ago, Kaede Kimura said:

"Stay back, it's pretty obvious this guy is packing powers and I don't want any civilians caught in the crossfire. Can one of you call the authorities and tell them that there is a kidnapping happening with powers involved? Let them know that Shooting Star and-" She looked at Silver, she didn't know her name and didn't really want to call her 'Silver' out loud when she was acting as the authority, lest the name sticks and they not like it. Instead she lamely continued, "-Her... On the scene attempting to apprehend the criminal. After that get yourselves under cover."

 

 

Outrider nodded at the girl in white. Another superhero. Good. This city seems to be teeming with heroes! "I believe we can handle ourselves. We're heroes too. I'm Outrider."

 

5 hours ago, Spacefurry said:

GM

 

With a snarl he stepped forward and gave a half hearted swipe at Shooting Star with the back of a broad hand. The blow connected solidly, ringing the poor girls bell. She’ll probably feel that one in the morning.

To the man’s apparent confusion tho, the dense form of the capped hero took the brunt of the impact but didn’t budge. He stands still as he seems to process this fact.

 

El was already moving as the young girl shot forward, only to be deflected by a swipe of the monster's arm. She felt a surge of adrenaline as battle-fury overtook her. Finally! she thought, trying not to look too cheerful about it. There was work to be done, after all!

 

She activated her armor, twisting the dial on the heavy metal wristband she wore. Her armor, stored in a compressed form in her backpack sprung forth and started to form over her muscular body. The armor clanging loudly, rusty hinges groaning in protest. I really need to get this fixed soon. She looked like a post-apocalyptic knight errant, the look completed when a shuttered steel helmet covered her face. She reached her hand out, and her gravity hammer rushed to meet it as it flew out of Painkiller. Now she was ready for a fight!

 

Seeing that a direct attack was unlikely to work, she decided to focus on stopping the creature long enough for its hostage (and the dog!) to escape. She planted her feet, and swung her gravity hammer like a shot-put, building up an alarming amount of momentum. She finally let it loose, and the grav-hammer shot through the air towards the misshapen creature.

 

 

 

Edited by Lone_Star
Link to post

"L-Nightscale" The young man introduced himself with a quick wave, but his gaze was already focused on the running main the alley and the fight at hand.

 

"No problem we got this." He gave a cocky smirk as Shooting Star tried to warn them about the danger of the fight. Yeah like if this is my first rodeo, he chuckled.

 

Truth to be told though, that guy looked freaking tough and he seemed like he hit like a train, given how easily he managed to swat Outrider away. That said, no way he was going to back down from a fight, especially from a would be kidnapper. He ran through the alley in pursuit, managing to close the distance between them in a few strides and called on a projection of his dragon claws, hoping that they would manage to strike true.

Link to post

GM

 

Outrider's hammer sailed through the air and connected squarely with the Brute. He seems to flinch as the impact vibrates through him, but the weapon rebounds harmlessly. On the heels of the hammer blow Luke's spectral claws strike true, but seem to glance off the solid flesh of the man.

It seems only now that he notices the other three heroes in the alley with him, as he looks back in the direction the hammer came to see the armored figure of Outrider. Turning slightly his gaze passes over Nightscale and Chimera.

Link to post

Alice was expecting the hit, although she was more preparing to be punched rather than swatted like an unruly chihuahua.

 

She saw stars, and her ears rung. She stumbled back half a step, feeling the concrete beneath her crack slightly as her weight settled on it slightly.

 

Shaking her head to clear it she looked up at the brute. "Is that all you got?"

Link to post

GM

 

If Brute heard Shooting Star, he appeared to pay her no mind as he seem to understand he was surrounded. He would have to fix that if he was to continue on.

 

Turning his attention back to the armored Outrider the big man reached back blindly for Shooting Star. He didn’t seem to account for the half step back she had taken and a hand that looked as if it could palm her head snatched at the air right in front of her nose. As he groped around, the caped hero easily stepped further back out of reach. He looked back towards Shooting Star in visible confusion and annoyance.

Link to post

Chimera

 

The big guy didn’t seem to be very smart. But he was obviously distracted though and Chimera thought she could seize the moment.

Reaching out she grabs for his arm. At her fingers slip on the ragged fabric of his dirty coat, but she quickly reacts and manages to get a firm grip around his forearm.

“Hang on.”

Chimera pulls, straining against the thick muscles of Brute and for a moment it looks like it might budge, but when he turns his attention back to Shooting Star he shrugs her off. Chimera stumbles and reaches out for Jamie.

”No!”

The girl is left swinging under her kidnapper’s arm as she continues to struggle uselessly.

Link to post

Outrider was starting to realize the power of the monster she was up against. Attacking him directly isn't going to work. Maybe if I trip him, it'll give the girl enough time to run away. Let him focus on us, and we can take him down.

 

She dashed right up next to the monster, putting herself between it and the other heroes. Her armor gleamed in the moonlight, and she turned back towards 'Star and Chimera. "Just stay out of the way for one second! Hopefully this works..."

 

She held her grav-hammer high above her head, and smashed it down into the concrete of the alley, activating its energy pulse just moments before it touched the ground. A wave of graviton energy rippled through the alley, hopefully knocking the brute off its feet!

 

 

Link to post

Woah hitting that guy didn't look like it was working wasn't it? Luke clenched his fist as he witnessed the fellow heroes try to stop the seemingly relentless Juggernaut. Sure he could turn and try to face him as a dragon, but even then he wasn't sure that he could overwpower him and besides, the alley would be too constraining. Maybe though... 

 

The young man called on a little bit of magic. "We are your friends... why are you running?" He teased, crossing his fingers that this might work...

 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...