Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GM

 

Night

February 25th, 2021

Across the rooftops of the Fens

 

Callie had spent a lot of time patrolling Freedom City since being brought to the this time. She had gotten used to this future Freedom, gotten used to this new world she found herself in, where she existed twice at once: The headmistress of Claremont and the time displaced teenager.

 

Things had changed in the poorer parts of the city lately. The Fens, Southside, Kingston... The shadows seemed darker. Ever since Raven and Nevermore had learned that the House of Usher had returned, the Raven Family had found mounting evidence of the Ushers' increasing presence in the city, especially in these areas. 

 

Now, she had been patrolling the Fens. It had been largely uneventful when she caught sight of a mugging in progress on the street below, near a street corner. Three men against one hardly seemed fair.

Link to post

Madame Raven

Callie was tired. Patrolling the streets and doing homework wasn’t the easiest to manage what with the need to actually sleep. And whilst she was doing okay she really didn’t want to have the deal with the disappointing looks of the elder her.

 

Even though she wasn’t to finish her patrol and get sleep in a nice warm bed she couldn’t let someone get mugged when she could do something about it. She slipped down into the shadows behind them before confidently projecting her voice, she’d been practcing her commanding voice based on the older her.

 

You get one chance to go now, before things get… messy.”

Link to post

Benny patrolled too, he know he wasn't s'posed to, but was patrolling with Hepcat before this, so it wasn't a huge a thing to him, and this felt more something he could accomplish than just normal. He landed on a roof, his fancy dress shoes skidding along the rooftop, as he shifted his weight and slid down the slop, spying the altercation forming, before he leaped forward, into a neat roll to set himself into a coiled crouch and he exploded up into the air, aiming for the nearest lamp catching himself with gloved hand and swinging about as he slid down to the ground, into his squared off fighting stance. "Hey, knock it out guys, or The Bouncer will knock you out!" Doing his best to shrug off the heavy accent.

He wasn't in his normal Claremont uniform, instead in a crisp white shirt, with the sleeves rolled up neatly around his big biceps, black slacks, black vest, black and white saddle shoes, with red bowtie, black domino mask, and gloves. However, that big infectious seeming grin was there one he had shown off at the school.

Link to post

GM

 

All four men, muggers and muggee, scrambled at Madame Raven's voice.

 

And then turned so fast you'd think they almost got whiplash when the Bouncer bounced onto the scene.

 

The three men didn't really seem like they knew what to do at first, with the voice from the shadows and the Bouncer before them, with his big grin.

 

Eventually, one of them grabbed the victim by the hood on his hoodie. "B-back off! I mean it!"

Link to post

It was then that the Bouncer's stance changed, his arms dropping, hands leaving line of sight, but he already had an open boxing stance as it was, squared off in a way that people didn't immediately assume a fight. "I mean, that is one way to do this yeah, but hey, you saw me right?" Half turning his head, and lifting an arm to pantomime his movement from the roof to the pole, and then pointing at his feet, before he looked at the talker in a way that almost beggared disbelief.

"Let 'im go, man. Or, I'mma tell ya how this goes, if ya like?" He spread his hands wide and shrugged his shoulders, not fully going to speechifying yet, but he'd lay out what would happen if pushed, and then he'd do it.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Madame Raven

Staying mostly to the shadows Madame Raven allowed enough to be revealed to show she was there, a glimpse of the sharp edge of ravenrang to help sell her intimidation.

 

You can choose to do what we say and let the hostage go. If you don’t well I can’t speak for my friend but things won’t go well for you!”

 

She didn’t plan to hurt the man more than necessary but luckily she was new enough that they wouldn’t know that. She wasn’t sure about the new guy but she had a good feeling that he was okay, he was vaguely familiar from somewhere.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

GM

 

"Ya... ya ain't nothin, man." One of the men raised his shaking gun towards the Bouncer. He was obviously not too clear about what he was even going to do.

 

"Dude... dude!" the other guy was holding up his gun, no finger on the trigger. "Look! That... that's one of those Ravens, dude." He paused, leaning down and planting his gun on the ground. "You know what they did to my cousin, man. I'm not gonna get messed up like that."

 

The last one looked back and forth between the other two, not really sure what to do.

 

It was obvious that all three were on the verge of panic attacks. It wouldn't take much to set them off, one way or another...

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...