Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GM

 

Outside a barn in Island View, Emerald City

9PM, May 8th 2020

 

Charles Charlemagne was not exactly a well known name around Emerald City magic community, but yet, Blackstaff had heard about him. A man that seemed to care for magical creatures, even if his own magic power seemed non-existant, Charlemagne lived in an always moving mansion. Its door would appear on the side of random buildings around the city. If he wanted to be found, he would be. If not? You should count on your luck.

 

Blackstaff had found a note on the desk at his office. An invitation, to the Charlemagne Mansion, and a location. An offer for a job

 

By now, Blackstaff had found his way to the side of a barn in Island View. I held a simple wooden door, yet one that was entirely out of place in this location. And he was not alone.

 

Oz had received word that Charles Charlemagne wanted to see him. Last time they had met, he had aided Charlemagne in stopping would-be monster poaches. It seemed that Charlemagne had been suitably impressed to reach out to him again.

Share this post


Link to post

Christopher stood before the door intruding on the barn wall. With him stood an older man he didn’t know. Glancing away from the door, he looked the gentleman over and gave him a nod in greeting.

“A friend of Mister Charlemagne’s?” Christopher asks as he extends a hand and introduces himself, palming a business card into the gentleman's hand as he does so. “Christopher Daye.”

The card reads: Blackstaff Investigations - Christopher Daye, P.I.

A phone number and address are printed under that.

 

He glances back at the door. “I take it you received an invitation as well.”

Share this post


Link to post

Oswald had made his way to the menageries door upon reciving word Charlemagne wanted to see him, it had been a while since they'd last met and settled that terrible buisness about the poachers, he'd taken a moment to whip up a batch of thaumic biscuits by way of a gift.

 

He was suprised to see someone else there, from what he knew of charlemagne he prefered to keep to himself and enjoy the creatures of his menagerie more than his fellow man with distinct exceptions.

 

"Greetings, Mr Daye, I am an aquaintance of Mr Charlemagne indeed...it troubles me that he should have need of a private investigator though." he remaked as he turned the card over in investigation

 

"I take it you are a practicioner of the craft?"

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

The door stood still. Perhaps it flickered a little bit? Maybe it would move soon? It was not as if Charlemagne's Mansion tended to stay in one place for long, much like the tiger-like man in the magic market had told Oz the last time he had met Charlemagne.

 

In fact, the door opened and a penguin stood in the door, staring at the two men.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/11/2020 at 10:26 PM, Exaccus said:

"Greetings, Mr Daye, I am an aquaintance of Mr Charlemagne indeed...it troubles me that he should have need of a private investigator though." he remaked as he turned the card over in investigation

 

"I take it you are a practicioner of the craft?"

 

"That depends." Christopher gave a wry smile. "If you need someone to follow your spouse because you think they're cheating on you. No. But, if you can't find your favorite pet and your kid tells you it's because something in his closet snatched it up. Then, yes, I practice the craft." He chuckled for a moment before noticing the door start to flicker.

"Guess we shou-" But  he cut off as the door opened on its own. Of all the things he expected to see, a penguin had not even been on the list. "Hmm."

Christopher glance at Oz, then back at the penguin. "Ah, we're here to see Mister Charlemagne." He addressed the flightless bird.

Share this post


Link to post

"good day barry, i came as quickly as i could upon the reciving the request for my presence, i whipped these up on the way." he said offering the penguin his box of magical biscuits.

 

"please help yourself to some." he added hastily, unsure if that was or was not a given in earth culture, he'd not done an awful lot of interaction since putting down roots, at least with the dominant human society at least, the wood clan kept largely to their own traditions and cultural norms.

 

not that it mattered entirely when one was conversing with a penguin of course.

 

"I had hoped that things were well...though i fear that is not so given the...circumstances." he said casting a glance at the younger mage besides him.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Christopher looked over at Oz then back at the penguin, waiting to see how the creature responded. He had learned to take things in stride and not to judge by first impressions.

"So, I take it this is normal for Mister Charlemangne?" He asks with a raised eyebrow and a friendly smile.

"Can't say I've seen many avian doormen. It's an honor Mr. Barry" He gives the penguin a polite nod.

Edited by Spacefurry

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Barry the Butler looked from Oz to Christopher, and back again. "I am no doorman!" he bellowed at Christopher's remark, in a voice both squeaky and deep at once, actually puffing himself up just a tiny bit at the remark. "I am the butler! And you will do well to remember that!" He looked suspiciously at Oz. Well, at any rate, the pair got the distinct feeling that he was looking at Oz with suspicion. "Mister Charlemagne has requested your presence, even if only the gods know why. There is little time for snacks! This is indeed a matter of utmost importance!"

 

He looked at the biscuits once, then turned away and went back inside, waiting for the two mages to follow.

 

Once both were inside, the door would shut itself behind them, and they would find themself in a rather large, round room. There was a fountain in the middle, with small birds in all the colors of the rainbow swimming around in it. It wasn't the same entrance as the one that Oz had last seen.

 

Charles Charlemagne stood by the fountain, hands in the pockets of his brown shorts. He wore sandals and a white t-shirt with a yellow smiley face on the front. His hair was short and red. His beard was impressive in its long braid. His fingers were adorned with sparkling rings.

 

He turned, a smile on his lips, as he spread out his arms. "My friends! It is good to see you!"

Share this post


Link to post

When Barry spoke Christopher raised his eyebrows but managed not gape or say anything rude. When the the miffed 'butler' turned and re-entered the interior he glanced one last time at Oz then followed after the penguin. "Well, tonight is just going to be full of surprises, isn't it." He chuckled lightly.

 

Inside, he glanced around the large room and took a second to appreciate the colorful majesty of the numerous feathered inhabitants. Finally letting his gaze settle on the gentleman that Christopher could only assume was Charlemange. His choice of style and attire could almost have been comical, if the man didn't seem just so comfortable in it.

 

On 5/20/2020 at 2:53 AM, RocketLord said:

He turned, a smile on his lips, as he spread out his arms. "My friends! It is good to see you!"

 

Christopher returned the smile, but motioned to Oz to be the first to greet his friend.

Share this post


Link to post

"Oh if you only knew the half of it." Oz said with a smirk and a wink he allowed himself a moment to regard the changed entryway with amazement before turning to adress charlemagne.

 

"And you as well my friend, it is welcome news to find you in good health and high spirits!" he stated as he made his way over.

 

"I must say i am a fan of what you've done with the place...such colour and vibrancy as only life can have." he said offering his hand to charlemagne for the customary handshake.

 

"though I fear our new friends profession bolds ill news, please my friends you must allow me to aid you in anyway I can." he said looking from charlemaign to Mr Day with enthusiasm

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

"Ah, if only you weren't right, my friend." Charlemagne eagerly shook Oz's hand, before he turned his attention to Blackstaff.

 

Approaching, the jovial man extended a hand towards the newcomer. "And you must be Christoper Daye of Blackstaff Investigations!" His grip was firm, but not hard. Barry waddled by, disappearing into a room. "I am Charles Charlemagne, and as our mutual friend implied, I am afraid this is not a social call."

 

He paused. For dramatic effect, maybe? Turning to address both, Charlemagne continued.

 

"Some of my pets have gone missing. I would like your help in finding them."

Share this post


Link to post

Christopher smiled as the two friends reacquainted themselves.

 

17 hours ago, RocketLord said:

Approaching, the jovial man extended a hand towards the newcomer. "And you must be Christoper Daye of Blackstaff Investigations!" His grip was firm, but not hard.

 

"I hope so, that's what all my cards say." He tried to project calm and reassuring manner.

 

17 hours ago, RocketLord said:

"I am Charles Charlemagne, and as our mutual friend implied, I am afraid this is not a social call."

 

He paused. For dramatic effect, maybe? Turning to address both, Charlemagne continued.

 

"Some of my pets have gone missing. I would like your help in finding them."

 

Christopher's posture shifted ever so slightly as he mentally shifted to a business mindset.

"Missing?" He repeated. "As in they escaped, or 'missing', as in they were taken? And are any of them considered dangerous?"

He asked wanting to get to what he thought might be two of the most important questions out in the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post

GM

 

Charlemagne shot a glance at Barry as he walked in. The penguin looked embarassed, even if it was a bit hard to tell, since he was a penguin, after all.

 

"An escape! And a most daring one at that!" He chuckled a bit as Barry hurried up while pushing his cart with tea and cakes. "My cockatrice escaped after someone forgot to wear their protective goggles. It led to a bit of chaos, and it managed to bring a jackalope along and escaped into the city. Obviously, I would like to have them brought back here safe and sound, but they could be anywhere out there, and the cockatrice can at least be quite dangerous."

Share this post


Link to post

Christopher gives a look of concern at the mention of a cockatrice. "Obviously." He agreed. "I would like to return them to you unharmed, as well."

Pulling a small notepad and pen. "How long have they been missing? And where could they have appeared around the time they escaped the grounds?" He asked ignoring the man's obvious jabs at his assistant.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...