GM

The cafeteria had the same drab appearance as the rest of the halls.  The walls were filled with posters giving recommended servings.  Everything was broken down into formulas to account for maintaining a proper physique.  With students advised not to eat more than a necessary share.  With their active lifestyle this did, however, mean a very high calorie diet was pushed.  The cuisine selections were surprisingly not bad East Asian cuisine taking the majority of the choices, but the selection varied enough that one could even get a burger and fries.  Due in part to the melting pot that was New Freedom's history.

In the cafeteria aside from the staff there were only two others.  A teenage girl currently eating her weight in hamburgers and a slightly heavyset boy reading a comic book right next to her.  The girl was not wearing the school uniform.  Instead she had an outfit completely in white.  A lavender cape draped over her shoulder.  Her blonde hair and slightly pale skin brought about a familiar appearance.  Just one that neither Haukea nor will could immediately recall.

The boy was wearing what appeared to be a tinfoil helmet on his head.  He too was wearing a lavender cape, but it didn't mesh as well with the grey school uniform.  As he read his medieval sword and sorcery comic book, he looked more like a LARPer enjoying his time off than a superhuman mercenary in training.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, in order to be at her peak in the competition, Cho has headed out to find her room. Not that she felt that particularly tired. 'Tired' was measured on a very different scale now, but still, she didn't want to over exert herself now and have a slight power-related burnout. As she had previously said, weird things had a tendency to happen around her.

Will went through the line and got a tray that was stacked pretty high with food. Lots of meats, veggies, and rice. He was actually pretty hungry for real, and saying "I'm a speedster" does wonders for getting cranky cafeteria ladies to give you food. He glance around...

And was sitting across from the girl and boy, a big grin on his face. There was a blur, and an egg roll was gone, while his fork poked at some still-steaming beef to roll it into some sauce, his spoon working vegetables into a small pile of rice.

"Heya! My name's Will. How's it going?"

GM

Cho made her way to her room.  A four person dorm room left open for the guests.  It had its own bathroom, but aside from the four cots there was only a closet and work desk.  The Four Seasons her stay was not.  The muscular teen made her way to bed closing her eyes and drifting off to dreamland.

"Hello."  A tiny voice squeaked.  Cho found herself floating in the clouds.  Next to her a small girl of possibly Indian descent no bigger than five feet tall sat with her legs crossed.  She was wearing a Shari with her hair braided down to neck level.  Clutching a teddy bear closely she would look up at Cho.  "How is it that you see yourself?"

Cho for her part was wearing something that appeared as if her left half was Centurion's costume.  Her other half was Omega's armor. 

"He-he-hello."  the boy nervously fussed.  Taking a moment to look between Will and Haukeau.

"Hi Will.  I'm Kat."  The girl responded cheerily.  For even a keen eye it would have been hard to catch the motion in which she quickly continued eating while speaking to him.  Unless they were looking at the ever decreasing mountain of food.  Will of course could see the action with equal measure, his mind able to keep up with a speed comparable to his own.  "And this is Van.  "So.  You two are the competition huh?"  Kat stated with the same easygoing tone she had when the conversation.

"W-what, what is this? Where am I, what is this place?" Cho asked, as she looked around, confused and lost, turning to the newcomer; the little girl. "Who are you?" she asked to her, before looking at herself. Cho stare at her left hand, clad in the smooth, black armor. Her gaze moved up the arm, to the equally black tubes. And then down at the half of the symbol, a greek symbol, a letter from the greek alphabet. She'd never seen him, of course. She wasn't even alive back then but he'd always been somewhat of a looming shadow. Of course everyone had heard of him. And what he'd done. Cho's right half certainly would know.

"No, no this...this is all wrong. Look, I've never met him, I've never seen him." What she was saying was applying to the both of them; the Centurion and Omega. "They're just...symbols, now. Distant memories. They have nothing to do with me, I'm nobody! And I certainly don't deserve to wear that costume, not even half of it!"

GM

"This is your mind.  Your consciousness.  Your dream state.  If you don't like your appearance talk to your subconscious about it. As for me?  I'm just an observer.  Ada, New Freedom's glorious academy team leader.  Your mind just looked so inviting.  Don't worry, I haven't read your thoughts.  Call this a friendly visit.  I love tending to fixer uppers, and you are definitely one.  I'll save that for the competition tomorrow."  Ada squeezed her bear tighter after speaking. 

There seemed to be nothing aggressive in her tone.  If anything she seemed harmless.  Aside from the massive invasion of privacy.  Not that it was the first time their hosts have deemed privacy a luxury not worth giving out to their guests.  Ada for her part didn't seem outright aggressive.  

Edited by HG Morrison

"W-what? Whoa whoa whoa, wait a minute, who are you calling a fixer upper?!" Cho shouted, annoyed and angered at what she'd just been called. Who was this girl? Even after revealing her identity, that still didn't really answer any questions, althought Cho took note that she was very likely some kind of telepathic being, meaning any conflict with her would be on a mental level. Internally, Cho cursed at the idea of having a mental face-off with a telepath.

"What do you want?" The girl tried to calm down, surely this invader had meant...well maybe not good, but certainly not entirely ill either. "You're supposed to be someone I'll face off tomorrow in, uh, whatever the competition is?"

Haukea nodded, trying to find the right words to say.  "Um... yeah, I'm Haukea.  It's a pleasure to meet you both."

Wait.  She was eating while talking.  Probably a speedster?  Must me.  Would explain the amount of food she was eating, too, she had to have a very quick metabolism... although the Hawaiian teenager certainly didn't intend to ask.  Because that would be rude.  And she certainly wouldn't want to be asked that kinda stuff herself.  

The guy... actually, reminded her a bit of herself.  Except Kalani had always dragged her into stuff, so she didn't think she was ever quite like that.  And she'd never worn a tinfoil hat.  "Um, yeah, we are.  You two as well?  It should be fun, good way to test ourselves, right?"

• 4 weeks later...

Will just gave a grin as he also started working to at least mostly match Kat's pace of eating-while-communicating.

"Nice to meet you, Kat and Van. And yeah, we're the dreaded competition."

He waggled his eyebrows a bit, but his gaze briefly drifted to the capes they both wore, before going back to holding the gaze of the other speedster.

"So, gotta ask. What's with the capes? Does it mean you guys are seniors or something? Or just competing tomorrow?"

So much for subtlety.