Blood is thicker than water

Supercape

Im not entirely sure if initiative is needed at this moment....

1d20+10=19 Heck, I am going to roll with the drama as this is the big problem with the barnacles! 

Barnacle and Engine explosion!

This is a damage 10 area effect. DC 20 Reflex save to have a DC 20 Toughness, otherwise Toughness 25 save. Evasion counts as normal. 

If you need to make any type of save, the Barnacles hit you and will start to encrust on you, a contagious snare 5 effect (so Reflex 15 save)

then, the water starts pouring in...

HP to all for the horror,  GM fiat over time stop (due to spooky magic) and lives at stake!

Tsunami - 3 HP
Glamazon - 3 HP
Temperance - 4 HP 
Wave Eye - 1 HP
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a little late (as you have already done so), but you know I am always down with overriding things for the purpose of plot.  Not like it really matters, everyone else has pretty much ignored what Time Stop does anyway (ie the damage to the ship caused by us).

Anyway, there is more than one way to stop the ship from sinking.

Tsunami's Reflex save: 15, no don't like that, so I will use a HP to reroll: much better with a 25.  She has evasion, so avoids the effects completely.

You ready for us to roll initiative so we can act?

So for Reference:

Glamazon - 3 HP - Dazed, Bruised, Entangled. 

Tsunami - 2 HP - Unharmed

Tenmperance - 3 HP - Unharmed

Wave Eye - 1 HP - Unharmed, Entangled.

As for initiative, no need as Captain Blood is not going to fight you. So really take it turn by turn in whatever order you please!

At the moment we have:

Sammy Smooth is completely encrusted in the contagious barnacles. 
Glamazon and Wave-Eye are entangled by the contagious barnacles
Cold Enviroinment (unlikely to matter)
Partial Visual Obscure from smoke
Ship with a big hole in it and wrecked engines...

Anyone with knowledge (phyiscal sciences) can make an estimate of how long the ship will take to sink but its a DC 20 hit. 

Blah Blah Blah....plot physics....blah blah blah....plot naval engineering
1 Round till engine room flooded
5 Rounds till water fills the bottom half (including entertainment hall)
10 Rounds till ship underwater
5 minutes till it hits the sea bed! ;)

If Temperance goes next, then she will use Blast w/ Autofire to try and knock the barnacles off of everyone. If they're close enough to one another to use the Cone function on Autofire, I'll try to hit everyone; if not, I'll hit Sammy first.

24, 22, and... 9. Somehow, I doubt that 9 will hit Sammy's Snare, so let's see that the Blasts attack Wave-Eye and Glamazon's Snares. That way, there are more people to get Sammy free.

Alrighty, Glamazon will just take a moment to try and free herself using her STR+Super STR which was +13 altogether.  Tou Save vs DC28 (Escape Attempt): 1d20+5 16 (Note in the link the end result is 39.  That's because I accidentally put down 1D20+28 instead of +5.  The result is still an 11 so no need to reroll unless you would like to roll for the snare yourself)

Edited by HG Morrison

Awesome. Now that he's free, Wave-Eye will Move Over to Sammy and break the barnacles keeping him down. Power Attack Roll: 16. That should do it. DC25 Toughness save for the Barnacles. After that, moving off with Sammy to find the next weak spot in the ship.

As soon as I post, to the next-most likely place for Captain Blood to try his sinkery tricks(which in this case would be 'forward of the engine room'). And asking Temperance and Glamazon along, since Tsunami seems to have things pretty well in hand in the engine room.

Just a note: Off camera, as per Tsunamis suggestion, the passengers are assembling by the life boats and boarding. Not a quick process, of course, but happening!

I didnt quite fancy posting that off camera, but if any heroes go on deck or fly about, ofeel free to narrate this!

The Black plunder has a STR of 55. I guess that, in terms of "bonus" is a + 9 Bonus (9 Ranks of Super Strength)

1d20+9=16

It is stopped!

So, at this juncture, Blood is beating a retreat and serving up curses! The air is filled with its Osbcure 8 (visual) power and is sailing off...

So, out of combat and I guess it is the beginning of wrap up for you folks, unless you have ideas to the contrary or fancy capturing the Black Plunder!

Thoughts and Ideas here? including, if you wish, future thread thoughts / lead ups, and I suppose an underwater HQ or team?

Hm.  Clearly they'll want to go after the guy who sent Blood after the ship.  Though they thus far just have a name to go on.  So investigation an the like ~.  In a way this thread did already start up as part of the idea of forming an unofficial unnamed underwater team.  Glam could possibly use her affluence to help set up some sort of undersea safehouse so to speak.

Agreed, this Drowned Man sounds like an unfriendly customer, and worthy of further investigation.

I say we let Captain Blood and his crew get away for now. He's hardly their archnemesis and they certainly aren't his. Maybe if there's a thread with Siren for the crew a bigger confrontation would be merited, but as-is the first adventure is not place for such things. Be like blowing up the Death Star in the first act.

As for HQs, I'm leaving soon, so I can't really be part of that. I think an Atlantean watchtower near the coast, refurbished with the latest world-monitoring tech, might be radical.