Chipping In, or, I Know a Guy who Knows a Prince(IC)

Ari

GM

Blodeuwedd's attack struck squarely, but instead of the flashy woman's unarmed torso hit her upraised arms with a soft *whump*.

Stumbling back, the Chocolateer rubbed her forearms vigorously and glared at the younger woman "Honor? Do you talk with 'thee's and 'thou's too, missy? Get with the times!" she added while adjusting her floppy hat. All the same she looked worriedly at her failing monster, bubbling and melting and cracked in the middle of the street. She looked back at her opponents, undiminished in number and more than a little angry.

"In fact, I'll take my own advice! Bombs away, Marcel!" she cried with great bravado as a hand thrust into her left pocket and reappeared with a small remote, which she pressed just before she started running.

The giant chocolate bar of sugary doom suddenly glowed. Sunbeam looked at it critically "I thin-"  she began, the rest of the sentence drowned out in the catastrophic explosion of chocolate that spewed in a molten wave over the teen heroes and several yards of road. It stuck, clung and hampered their every move.

Alarms blared as the liquid confectionery slammed into the hastily-abandoned vehicles, and in a few seconds what was at first a battleground became a complete and total mess.

"Blach!" Aidah spluttered as she furiously(if clumsily wiped away the dripping goo from her face "If this is how all your supervillains are no wonder you-wait." Holding up an oddly spotless hand she wiped experimentally on her slathered arm. The chocolate came away without leaving so much as a smear. "But...how is this possible? This defies at least three natural laws I know of!"

A look of determination came over her face as the chocolate fell away "My friends, we must go and-" "-actually get to Claremont Academy? I agree Ms. Sesay." Mr. Pao and the Dakanans had returned, politely waiting for the chocolate to fall off the van before getting inside. The former diplomat smiled wryly "The police will probably want to collect your statements, but I've heard that superheroes in this city can vanish without warning. Let's get going, just a little way to go before we're at the Academy."

With a snort and haughty toss of the head at being denied the chance to chase down the Chocolateer, Aidah dropped to a cleaner part of the road and dispelled her flowing costume with a wave. Walking back to the van she glanced over at the others, her face softening a little. "Thanks for your help, if I had been alone it...might have ended badly. Unlikely, of course!" she added with a return of her confident smile, sauntering back into the van.

Elias was reluctant to go into the car, he wiped off the 'chocolate' though it was functioning a lot differently than the greasy, waxy substance he was accustomed too.  Elias was not a fan and not a sweet tooth.  "Everyone else in first..."  It was harder for him to use his telehaptic sense while in a car, so feeling around them still while everyone else climbed in was the best option.  Unfortunately he couldn't give chase, or he would.  Oh, he would.  He was prone to being single minded, especially in instances like these.  Admitted Elias hadn't worn a costume, but he had pulled on a mask for this event.  In case of emergencies he generally had on in a pocket.

It was hard to look cool, calm and aloof when covered in chocolate but Blodeuwedd tried her very best to do so. But as she wiped her face clear her mind was more on the escaping villain. She could also see that Elias was thinking much the same thing. She went a stood beside him putting a hand on the car door.

“Nice to see you're so confident this was just a sideline, just wait to meet a real villain.†turning to Elias she asked “Can you detect her? I’d prefer not to leave her running around.â€

• 1 month later...

GM

Elias could not. It was more than the sensory confusion caused by the chocolate, something hung in the air, like an invisible gauze that warped and twisted like sound in a fog. It had definitely not been there even twenty seconds ago.

In only about fifteen more minutes, counting the wait for the road to be cleared and the people ahead to reclaim their vehicles(bringing many a despairing cry of "My car!" to their ears, though most of them were quickly followed by "...Oh thank god, that came off pretty easy...") they had arrived at the parking lot, Pao calling out in relief "Alright people, we're here! Sorry for the trouble Ambassador Okoro" he added with a wry glance to her as they approached the wrought-iron gates of Claremont Academy. The Dakanan national flag(A gold-green-red tricolor emblazoned with the roaring head of a white lion) hung over the arch leading into the main quad, and a small lineup of the faculty and the other international students stood under it to formally welcome Aidah to the school. Seeing the vehicle pull up most of them set out at once to meet the new arrivals.

"Hey there, welcome to Freedom!" rang through the air. Some of the politer students added the 'City' part and the hope that the party had had a fine trip.

The African delegation disembarked with a grateful smile to their student defenders, and their stately leader shook Mr. Pao's hand warmly "Never fear, I shall echo Lady Sesay: if that is what even half the days here are like, I look forward to my stay in Freedom! Thank you for driving us, by the way, I enjoyed the route very much."

Turning to the tight-lipped telepath and artful agent, she smiled and inclined her head "My thanks to you as well, you are a credit to the school, I trust you and Aidah will have plenty of time to get better acquainted. She could use the friends," she added candidly and with lowered voice "especially ones who try to keep her in line like you do. Her mother and father are strict, but..that does not always work with the wayward. Best of luck, and keep an eye out for that woman, whoever she was. Good day to you!"

• 2 weeks later...

As the trip went on he was looking around for something, anything.  It was a simple attack, Aidah had political weight, along with the ambassador, no this was a concerted hit.  He was not entirely convinced it was over.  But then his experience with that world was a bit greater than most, not that he could speak to Cerys' background.  So when they arrived at the academy unscathed, he was still looking around, still feeling out for something.

"I would have your vehicles swept for bugs," came his response to Okoro's pleasantries.  

Then turning to Cerys he whispered to her, "As much as it will irritate Subito, you and I are going to keep an eye on Aidah, and for chocolate.  Or whoever else is out there hunting for her.  Unless you know of anyone else who can fit into this?"  He had met a good bit of their class, and it was true, they were... more suited towards this task then others were.

• 3 weeks later...

It wasn’t often that Blodeuwedd was surprised, or at least it wasn’t often that she appeared surprised, but Errant’s assessment caught her off guard. And to be honest he was dead right, there was a good chance that this wasn’t quite over yet.

“Subito won’t be a concern, all I have to tell his is that it’s spy business and he’ll leave me well alone. And it’s a fairly good version of the truth... Not massive on chocolate as a whole but I’m sure I’ll manage.†her tone as usual made it difficult to tell if she was completely serious

“So how do you want use to proceed? Please don’t tell me I have to be her best buddy?â€

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately Cerys didn't show her surprise as much as others.  Elias was aware of it, and realistically he understood it, they hadn't really interacted, and at first take he was just the brooding telepath.  So any understanding of his ability to assess a situation like this would kind of be out of her scope of understanding with him.  Of course, if he actually pondered her reaction to his pronouncement, all of that would matter.  However he was more focused on the next step.

"I could be, but I am not allowed in the female dorms.  But I will go along with you, so you aren't suffering alone."

Blodeuwedd considered all the angles as she watched the latest member of the school strut her stuff. With such an obvious and out there hero she would be fairly obvious to keep track off.

“When it’s safe to do so we should let her know our suspicions. Maybe lose her helper just in case it’s all connected. It should be easy to keep tabs of her whilst not letting her in on what going on. Much easier than the job you're going to do...†for once she actually smiled.

“You get to explain to the Headmaster of our suspicions and what we’re going to do.â€

To be honest she wouldn’t be surprised if he already knew exactly what was going on.

Aidah had burst out of the van almost as soon as it stopped, smiling with a touch of self-satisfaction at the welcoming committee, putting the hand not resting on her hip to her mouth and hollering gleefully "HELLOOOOO, CLAREMONT! Your new goddess, Sunbeam, has arrived! Prepare yourselves for a neverending summer!" Her voice cut like a blazing sword through the mild pleasantries being exchanged by the teachers and Dakana's emissaries, and Okoro visibly winced. Only a little though. Neither of the two teens had ever seen such a quick recovery of composure as the diplomat brightly continued a conversation with a dour-looking civics teacher. Aidah began a jovial march over to the slightly startled students, most of whom had paused to glance hurriedly at each other at this unexpected enthusiasm, to turn eagerly to her new schoolmates. "My friends" she said with utter seriousness, eyes alight "you've been to this institution for a while, right? Would you be so good as to show me around my new domain, tell me its history, introduce me to some of the gallant princes I hear attend Claremont, maybe let me in on some of the local clubs? Er, you have those here, correct?" she added with a trace of nervousness "They are not...dull here?"

• 2 weeks later...

The ghost of a smile played on Elias' features as he glanced to Cerys.  "Sure, I'll go tell Mr. Summers that Aidah arrived safely.  I am not much in clubs and such, so you can answer her questions a lot easier."  It was a rare sign of the telepath's sense of humor.  Which was as dry as Death Valley.  His amusement clearly evident on his face as he stepped away from her then, putting his hands into his pockets as he moved from them then.  In a case like this he would much rather deal with Mr. Summers than with Aidah.  It was entirely a comfort level thing, and he felt like he was ahead of it, because unlike most at Claremont he was hardly afraid of Mr. Summers, not that the man wasn't intimidating (he could effectively cow Elias, no problem, and it wasn't like the telepath was intentionally pushing to have his boundaries defined, it was just clear that Mr. Summer did not adhere to the same principles of discipline that his parents did).