Rough and Tumble (IC)

Thevshi

As the two men seemed distracted at the sudden noise Lucy took her chance to try and even the odd’s a little. First she lent in and whispered into Harry.

“Go get Fred as quickly as we can I’ll try and keep them busy, it seems our little friend has decided to crash this party.â€

She then kicked off her shoes they were nice and she wouldn’t like to keep them, for some reason only the clothes seem had been buried in seemed to be able to survive the punishment that superhero combat.

“You’d think after all these years people would learn to to underestimate people. Hopefully you’ll learn your lesson after this.â€

Stepping up behind the two she struck one of them solidly on the back.

Edited by TiffanyKorta
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah!" said the Hound, gulping and swallowing his considerable fear. 

"You guys, you gonna get yer ass whipped by a girl! whaddya think about that? not so tough now, are yer? having to fight ladies..." he said, sneering and hopping from foot to foot - a dance driven by both anxiety and the sincere desire not to get smashed in the face by an exceedingly powerful fist. 

He jabbed at the other guy, and gave him a firm shove, after hooking his foot around his ankle. 

"Ner ner ner ner ner!" he sang, summoning all his memories of childhood taunts at school. 

Crimson Tiger was done. Done with sneaking, done with people in harms way. She did not know if Lucy could handle those imposing looking thugs, but she didn't want to force the woman to fight them on her own if she couldn't.

With that in mind, she charged at the two thugs and slammed her fist into their heads. That did it. The two of them fell back and Mali didn't even slow down her progress. She was not going to stop, not if friends were in danger. Not that she knew Lucy, Fred or Harry all that well, but she was not going to make them fight alone.

As Crimson Tiger rushes forward to make quick work of the lead two goons, the faces of the pair further down the hallway clearly show looks of alarm and fear.  One of the two takes a few steps backward as he aims his pistol and fires.  However, his hands were shaking far too badly, and the shot flew well over the heroines' head, impacting on one of the thick walls.

Inside waiting room with the other fighters, Freddy was busy pounding on another bag and failed to hear the echo of the gunshot, muffled by the thick walls, nor any of the commotion beginning just on the other side of the main door to the room.  Some of the room's other occupants seemed to have heard the gunshot, as they turned to look in the direction of the door.

There were a number of goons in the cheap suits in the room, and all of them seemed to stop a moment as they appeared to be getting information over a radio.  Then each of them pulled out pistols and one of them yelled out to the fighters and others gathered in the room.

"It appears we have some moles in our midst as well as some costumed hero deciding to crash the party."  He yelled out, the news brining the various activity in the room to a halt.  "So, it's time for ya'll ta step up, unless you want to end up going to jail, or like Diaz."  He then added.

"Half of you, get him!"  He shouted, pointing at Freddy.  "The other half, get out in the hall and help deal with the others!"

There was a brief moment of uncertainty in the room, then about half a dozen fighters started to move in towards Freddy, while another half dozen started towards the door that Lucy and Harry had recently exited through.

Now fully aware that something was happening, Freddy noticed there was a small handful of fighters that did not move to do either of the things ordered by the thug, including the one Freddy had spoken with earlier.

Back in the hallway, the other goon facing off with Crimson Tiger also retreated backward some.  Another gunshot echoed in the hallway as he took a shot at the heroine, but his aim was little better than his companions, and the bullet ricocheted off the wall well past her.

Lucy's sucker punch managed to catch the large blond bruiser off guard, but though he was clearly hurt as he arched his back from the powerful blow, he remained on his feet as he glanced back at her.  "You certainly are stronger than you look.  But you're the one making the mistake messing the Battle Brothers!"  He said as he spun around and launched a left hook at her that caused her to duck to one side to seemingly avoid the attack.

The African American bruiser that Harry had tripped glanced up at him as he scowled.  "We'll deal with you in a bit."  He grunted before smoothly getting back to his feet and then turning towards Lucy with an eerie precision as he launched a punch directly at where her had was moving to avoid his companion's feint.  However, Lucy was quick enough to see the incoming attack and block it.

“Really that’s the best you got? You know when I was younger, a long time ago, I use to do street fighting. Would you like to see what I can do?â€

She dropped into a stereotypical fighting stance her feet spread and her fist held up. It must have looked rather comical to see a woman of Lucy’s stature posing in front of a giant like the man she was fighting. Right up the moment she threw the first rather solid punch at the man. She might not quite have the finesse of Crimson Tiger but she was just as capable a fighter when the chips were down.

One of the fighters in the waiting room was the first to reach the door to the hallway, pulling the door open to revel the chaotic scene beyond.  Another fighter followed closely behind the first, passing him by to exit the now open door, bringing him right up behind Harry. 

The man wasted little time, lunching a sidekick at the rumpled private investigator's back.  Though not as skilled a fighter as his partner, Harry had been in far more scrapes than he would have liked, and was able to pick up the sudden scent of the fighter as well.  So he managed to twist just enough that the man’s kick glanced relatively harmlessly off his side.

Another fighter closed in on Mess, throwing a right hook at the short pugilist, but Mess easily dodged the attack.

The gun wielding thug who had called the fighters into action stood where he was, waiting with his gun ready, for an opportunity to take a shot at Mess if one presented itself.

"Ow ow ow!" yelled Harry, clutching at his back as he took a step back. 

"That hurt ya bozo!" he moaned, wincing from the kick. 

"I'll get ya...i mean...my friend here will get ya! Get ya real good ya no good piece of guttersnipe trash!" he yelled at his assailant, giving Lucy a grip on her arm. 

"That's right! She's gonna knock yer block off! That's right, ain't it hunny?" he said to Lucy. "You heard me, save me from this guy, he kicked me really hard! you are strong and tough and all that...go and punch him! really hard!" he implored her. 

He shuffled his feet slightly to edge away, using Lucy as a shield but trying to stay subtle about it. 

"And look, its my partner! he's right behind you!" he said to the fighter, in an attempt to put him off guard. It was a weak ploy, but then, he looked like a panicking coward who just might be right when he showed relief on his face. 

Truth was, Harry looked like a panicking coward real good. Because he was one. 

Crimson Tiger spotted the various fighters and thugs filling the room and decided enough was enough. She bolted forward towards the armed men. She slammed her fists into their heads, knocking them to the ground, not even slowing down. They were surrounded by foes, they were in danger, and she could not give these people any room to breathe. She realized she'd have to push herself much harder than normal.

She watched as one of the fighters kicked at Harry and decided he was the first target. She closed distance with frightening speed and balled up her fist. She slammed her fist into his abdomen. The blow rocked his entire body and sent him crashing to the ground.

"None of you know me." She said, straightening herself out, eyes scanning the room. "But I'm Crimson Tiger, and I'm going to beat the hell out of every last one of you."

Even as one of the fighters flew back into the waiting room unconscious from Crimson Tiger's powerful blow, another fighter moved forward to take the fallen man's place.  It was a muscular African American man in his mid-twenties, his hands up in front of him in a classic boxer's stance.  He launched a quick jab at the superheroine, actually managing connect. 

While Crimson Tiger preferred trying to avoid taking hits, she had long ago learned how to take one if she was unable to avoid it.  She managed to twist her torso away just enough that the impact was reduced and did little to slow her down.

Back inside the room, another fighter closed on Freddy, managing to land a solid left hook on the superpowered pugilist.  But Freddy was easily able to take the hit without flinching or twisting, just solidly standing his ground as he registered the impact, but otherwise suffered little ill effect.

"Ah c'mon" grunted the Mess. His mutant body had been battered so much as a teenage pugilist he had become short, squat, and strong. And his body had some spongy resilience that could shrug off most blows. 

Still stung a little though. And his pride and being actually hit was wounded. These guys were actually pretty good. 

He swung his fists, fast and hard, at the fighters in his way. Even without his turbo charged blood powering through his veins, his body was incredibly strong - stronger than any human. Layers and layers of hard muscle pasted onto thick bone to give him his unique block like appearance. The muscle itself, apparently, was only human, it was just he had a metric ton of it. 

But his mind was in his partner. That was why the Hound had hired him, pulled him out of the gutter, gave him a proper respectable job. Made him a hero. He was supposed to be a bodyguard. 

"Ah gots a job to do, ya crumbs!" he explained, and bounded towards Lucy and the Hound with massive leaps. 

As Mess leapt towards the exit to the room, one of the guys in the cheap suits quickly tried to take aim at him and fired off a shot.  The gunshot echoed in the large room, but the goon's aim was badly off, the bullet passing well behind Mess and impacting into the ceiling. 

Mess landed near the door, just behind the fighter that had hit Crimson Tiger.  No sooner had he landed than another three fighters moved forward to engage him.  They launched a series of punches and kicks at the pugilist, who was able to avoid or block three of the attacks.  But just as Mess sidestepped a jab, a roundhouse kick from the third caught him on the side of the head.  The blow snapped his head to one side, as he staggered slightly, bright lights flashing before his eyes as he tried to get his bearings once more.

Though the blond Battle Brother had taken two solid hits from Lucy, he still seemed very much in the fight.  Once again he stepped forward and launched a punch at the Lucy, forcing her to side step once more.  As before, the African American Battle Brother moved with almost precise timing, launching an attack at where Lucy had must moved to, but once again Lucy managed to duck under the follow up attack.

One thing Lucy had learned was that when trouble started it was important ignore anything that wasn’t important to the task at hand. BUt still pay attention to any possible danger. It wasn’t any easy thing to do but useful if you could manage to learn the ability. Ironical it was something she had learned to do all those years ago as a street fighter, though nothing as serious as what was happening her.

“I was always told it was rude to tussle with a man without introducing myself first. I might not look like I normally do but I’m called Revenant. I’d like to say it was an honor to meet you but that would be a lie.â€

As she spoke she picked out the perfect time to throw a punch towards the man.

For the third time, Lucy delivered another powerful blow on the blond haired Battle Brother.  But this time, the large man seemed to brace himself for the attack and Lucy was not sure that it did much of anything.

Just inside waiting room by the door which all the heroes were currently more or less gathered, the fighter who had opened the door took a surprised look at Freddy's sudden appearance, trailed by several other fighters who were trying to take him down.  The man launched a quick left hook at the short pugilist, which connected with the side of Freddy's head.

Back where Freddy had just been, two of the fighters started running forward, only to be waved aside by one of the gun wielding thugs.  "This way."  The man with the gun yelled, leading the two fighters over to another door out of the room and into the hallway beyond.

Crimson Tiger saw that Freddy was struggling a bit and ran in to help. She veered past one baffled thug and put her hands on Freddy's shoulders.

"Alley-oop!" She said as she vaulted over his shoulder and through the doorway. As soon as she did so she swung her leg around and slammed her knee into the side of his head, sending the man flying backward into the wall. One of the advantages of Muay Thai was that a skilled fighter used not just legs and arms, but knees and elbows. That allowed her to deliver a lot of force in a very short distance.

She landed in front of Freddy and moved forward to give him a bit of room. "Sorry if I stole your opponent, but you looked like you needed a bit of help, and I needed a way inside the room."

Edited by Thunder King

Crimson Tiger's powerful attack sent the fighter that had hit Freddy flying backward to slam into another fighter who had been approaching the door as well.  Both men were sent sprawling on the ground, the first one clearly the worse for wear, the second hurt and dazed.

Back in the doorway, the fighter that had been in melee with Crimson Tiger found the agile teenage heroine leaping over him and into the room behind him.  Seeing so many other still engaged with the short, thick Freddy behind him, the man took a few steps further into the hallway, aiming a kick at Harry.  But the rumpled private investigator was easily able to dodge the attack, as he had gone fully on the defensive to try to get out of this mess in one piece.

Inside the room, one of the fighters that had initially gone after Freddy moved back in towards the door, filling the space just vacated by the man that Crimson Tiger had kicked.  Throwing a left jab at the teenage heroine, the man managed to connect with a solid hit.

One of the other fighters that had been attacking Freddy started back slightly in surprise at Crimson Tiger's sudden appearance, but quickly recovered as he launched a kick at her.  His aim was off and the teenage martial artist easily dodged aside. 

Another fighter that had been focused on Freddy aimed another punch at the stocky pugilist, but Freddy had enough wits about him still to duck under the swing. 

Another fighter that had initially gone after Freddy moved instead towards the group that was gathered around the other door to the hallway to follow them, while another fighter moved closer to the intense melee around Crimson and Freddy, holding back for the moment until an opening presented itself to him.

Though he had been able to shake off the third hit from Revenant, the blond Battle Brother appeared to be getting a bit flustered.  "Revenant huh?"  He stated with a faint smirk.  "We'll remember that after we take you down!"  This time, the large man made a direct attack against the undead attorney, but he fared little better than his "brother," the attack just missing Revenant as she stepped back out of the way.

"And you'll be sure to remember us!"  Added the African American Battle Brother as he stepped in, launching a punch of his own.  For a brief moment, it appeared as if she was going to be able to dodge this attack as well, but the large man just managed to land the powerful blow. 

As he connected, the blond Battle Brother turned suddenly, almost as if it was not his own action, and his left hand (the arm on which he wore the unusual bracer) suddenly shot out to strike at the heroine, but missing her once again.

Revenant was able to take the powerful blow from the Battle Brother that had struck her, though she could feel the power behind the attack.  Even as the blond one tried another attack, almost as if by reflex, the Battle Brother who had struck Revenant used his successful attack to grab her arms.  Moving quickly, he took a small step and sent the undead woman flying down the hallway with a powerful throw.

She only flew a half dozen yards when she hit one of the cement block walls, smashing through to land in the room beyond.  Taking a quick moment to glance around at her surroundings, Revenant found herself in a small room with three of the guys in the cheap suits, including the one she had tried talking to back in the waiting room.  She also spotted a figure sitting in a chair who appeared to have his hands tied behind his back, as she then realized it was Benito Diaz. 

"That's her!"  Shouted the man who Revenant had spoken with before.  "She's the one that was asking about Diaz!"

Picking herself up Lucy dusted herself down looking at the three men in the room. As with most of her clothes, apart from the suit she was buried with, the dress she wearing was showing signs of distress. It was a shame she like this dress.

“I believe it’s traditional to offer people an easy way or a hard way. But I’m not in a particularly giving mode.â€

To illustrate this point she walked over and punched the guy she shared a cigar with earlier.

“If you’d been a little more helpful I’d wouldn’t have to go through all this.â€

She knew it was wrong to resort to violence, but right now it was very therapeutic.

Revenant's punch sent the thug in the cheap suit flying backward into the wall, where he crumpled into a heap on the floor.  The others in the room were still surprised by Revenant's sudden "appearance."

Back in the waiting room, one of the fighters gathered around the door took a swing at Bloody Mess, but the cagy fighter easily was able to duck under the attack.

Elsewhere in the room, two of the fighters and one of the thugs stepped out into the hallway, taking in the scene there and noting the hole in the wall created by Revenant.  "Go check what's going on in there."  The man in the cheap suit told the two fighters with him.

One of the two ran over to open the door, revealing Revenant who was standing just a short distance away on the other side having just knocked out the man she had shared a cigar with earlier.  The other fighter ran through the open door, delivering a sidekick to the undead lawyer.  But as accurate as his attack was, she barely even registered it as his foot was halted by her stomach as if she were a solid wall.

Watching the magnificent arc through which Revenant Traversed was enough to break the last thin strand of the Hound's courage. 

"Well fella's..." he gulped. 

"I'd love to say its been fun, but it's actually been a night of adrenaline fuelled anxiety and dread. Now, if you don't mind, I have to be somewhere else to have a panic attack and drop dead from a cardiac arrest" he explained, voice dry with fear. 

He wasn't lying either. He felt the cold damp feeling of fear swarm through his body like scuttling insects. 

But the adrenaline gave him speed too. He turned heel, and with a brisk explosion of panic, bolted away from the fighters. He didn't really care which direction he bolted. Not here was all he could think about...

Crimson Tiger shifted suddenly, throwing out a quick feint. When her opponent fell for it, she dropped and delivered a vicious uppercut to his stomach, sending him flying back and out cold. Normally, she'd be going for a more subtle, less violent approach, but these guys were seriously dangerous, and she couldn't let them gang up on her and her allies. That would mean bad news for all of them.

"So, I think we can take these guys." She said, glancing back at Freddy. "What do you think?" She grinned and waited for someone to take a swing at her.

The furious, kinetic storm of battle swirled around the Mess, and he loved it. His brain had taken a few to many knocks over the years, and he knew he wasn't the smartest tool in the box, but when it came to fighting and brawling, he had a knack, and all his dullness evaporated. 

Despite, or perhaps because of his pugulistic smarts, he figured this was getting to out of hand for regular brawling. The battle brothers didn't seem standard fighters either. This was super powered stuff. 

And needed a super powered retort. 

He summoned up his blood, which fizzed and churned, throwing his body into a spasm of power. His muscles swelled and engorged, his already block like figure become a sack of melons . So empowered, he cannonballed his way to the twosome.. 

"Say hello to lefty and righty" he grinned, cracking his knuckles in anticipation. 

GM

As Bloody Mess pumps himself up and then runs through the open doorway and out into the hall, two of the fighters that had been engaging him suddenly found themselves without a target. Deciding to leave the stocky pugilist to the Battle Brothers in the hallway, the two men close and circle around Crimson Tiger.

The first throws a right hook at the heroine, but she catches the movement out of the corner of her eye and easily blocks it with her left arm. The second, having circled around behind her, launches a crescent kick at her head, but Crimson catches the movement in the shadows at her feet and is able to duck under the attack.

Inside the room Lucy had been thrown into, Bennie Diaz took advantage of the distraction that Lucy had caused to pull his legs up through the bindings on his wrists. He then picked up the chair he had been sitting on and moved up behind the other two goons in the cheap suits.

*CRACK*

The chair smacked one of the two over the head, breaking apart as the man crumpled to the floor in a heap. Diaz then turned quickly and hit the other goon with what was left of the chair.

*WHAM*

The goon was knocked backward and flat onto his back, also unconscious.

"I hope you have a way out of here pretty lady." He says to Lucy.

GM

Inside the waiting room, one of the goons in the cheap suits had his pistol out and ready, but he had no clear shot at Crimson Tiger as she was currently surrounded by a bunch of fighters. So he kept his pistol aimed down at the ground, ready to raise if an opening presented itself.

Up by the other door out of the waiting room, another of the fighters continued out the door and into the hallway. Once there he found one of the cheap suited goons standing in the middle of the hallway. "Get in there to help!" The good stated, waiving towards an open door next to a hole in the concrete block wall. The fighter rushed in, spotting a number of unconscious thugs and a hot chick in a dress facing another fighter and Diaz. After a brief hesitation, the fighter moved towards Diaz.

Back in the waiting room, another fighter stood back from where Crimson Tiger was no engaged by three of other fighters. Not wanting to get in the others way, he hung back for the moment, waiting for an opening.

Another fighter, who had been hurt when Crimson Tiger hand slammed one of his compatriots into him, decided to head towards the other exit from the room. So the man turned and round across the waiting room and through the door out into the hallway.