A Convocation of Eagles (IC)

Wave-Eye was still there, spined fists bloodied from a short tussle with a mugger who had tried to attack a young family going through the park. Gnawing on a fish he had caught in the water, he waved idly to the two human scientists. "You were successful, I guess? Well done. Victory has not returned yet" he added, gesturing to the sky "hopefully he will be here soon. I quite like him." He grinned widely "He reminds me of many soldiers from before."

Tossing some of the bones into the nearby pond, he stretched out on the grass to wait, his armor arranged neatly beside him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After slipping the green and gold earpiece into her ear Jen pulled her mask, web-launchers, and gloves back on while Ironclad packed herself a small bag. As the pair wear about to leave the building, the arachnid themed heroine nodded her head at a building a few blocks over, "I'll meet you back at the park in a couple minutes. I'd like to pack a bag of my own, extra canisters for the web-shooters and some extra clothes of my own."

A few minutes after Ironclad landed, Silver Spider returned with a small black backpack of her own strapped on. While waiting for the Roman general to return, the young woman pulled out her smartphone and began shuffling her business meetings for the next few days to make her absence less pronounced.

While everyone was either back at or on their way to the meeting spot, they would be interrupted by the thunderous sound of a sonic boom occurring above them! But even as that hits, already making touchdown is Victory, his jets visible before being turned off in a cloud of dirt and dust. As it clears, he can be seen knocking the dust off of his chasis.

"Welp, looks like I had a little time to spare after all. Not everyone here yet?"

In truth, Victory thought he'd end up being a bit late. Back at HQ, his superiors at AEGIS were made aware of the multiversal situation, and they had an impromptu strategy meeting. Most important of all, even above saving those already being attacked: Make absolutely sure this army will not try to invade this Earth. Saving other worlds is important, but home has to come first...

Around the allotted time the four of them could feel a change in the air, like the feeling just before a storm. And then there was a tiny black ball of energy popped into existence, it twisted in ways that seemed almost impossible to the eye until it formed a large flat black circle that faded until it was just a shimmer in the air.

Again through the portal came General Lapidern though this time she was without her rifle or helmets, her hair now hanging lose in a massive mess or curls.

<â€So you have all returned, and you have not bought forces to subdue us. It is a start that we can hopefully build trust upon. If you are all ready then follow me through the portal.â€> She stood on the very edge of the area ready to return to her world.

Smiling broadly at Victory's blazing entrance Nochehuatl waved to the cyborg. "Ah, welcome, Victory! You are well in time, and no, all of us that were here before have returned" he engaged the AEGIS representative in light conversation, asking about modern tactics and military movements throughout the world...

Wave-Eye had jumped to his feet the instant the change had been felt, the air thrumming around him with the strange powers that could tear paths between worlds. He donned his ceremonial armor with all speed. Adjusting the ornate breastplate when the General Lapidern arrived out of the black circle, he bowed politely to her, saying "We will do what we can, General. If fighting your enemies helps with that, we would be fools to pass by such a chance" loosening a strap across his shoulder he added drily "There are few better paths to a mutual love between peoples than that" with a sigh he rolled his arm experimentally, nodding at the soft clanks and stretching of ancient leathers. Glancing at the humans he said "I will go first, as I offered before." he walked with heavy and softly ringing steps nearer the portal, peering into it with his black eyes.

Ironclad nodded to the general. "I promised you I'd be back," she said, "and I meant that. Now let's go get your world back from those Nazis." She stepped up to the portal and cranked her suit's sensors all the way open. This was a... well okay, it wasn't a unique situation, but the last time she'd traveled from her home dimension to another she hadn't had the chance to take measurements. Plus, on the chance that there were enemies on the other side of the portal, she didn't want to waste time with confusion when she could be fighting back.

Silver Spider slipped the phone back into a pouch on her upper thigh and tugged the zipper shut. As alternate dimensions were well out of her plan's covered area, she had shut the phone off first, though she considered looking at the portal technology when they finished mopping up the Nazi mess on the Roman's world.

She followed Ironclad over to the gateway between their worlds. She took a deep breath, not sure what to expect from the unfamiliar dimensional device.

With everyone gathered together, Victory nods, as they prepare to cross through. He stays at the end, however, keeping his eyes on everyone. Especially their guest. He's never been the paranoid kind, but he is very cautious.

Before they all are finally gone, Victory fiddles with something in his helmet. Quietly, he whispers into the receiver attached, making sure the connection was still good.

This could be a good learning experience.

Compared to its rather impressive arrival the journey itself was rather unremarkable, just a strange feeling of vertigo and they were somewhere else. The room itself was a rather plain concert room, but was packed with a variety of equipment that wouldn’t look out of place in the top laboratories of Freedom City.

Standing beside the General were two soldiers in similar uniforms to her own.

<“If you don’t mind we’re going to shut down the portal. I thought that these two might be of use to you. Centurion Gurt here speaks the Germania tongue, whilst Brix here has spent time in an area of Gaul that speaks a tongue similar to your own.â€>

Ironclad perused the sensor data she picked up in the transition. Depressingly brief, but there was something there to peruse, and her genius intellect quickly leapt beyond obvious connections and began to theorize on the underlying math. The General's voice snapped her out of the scientific haze and she glanced between the newly introduced soldiers. "Ah, Gallic! That would be, um, let me see." She reached up and turned off the translator. She'd learned a few foreign languages, and even though she rarely had a purpose for them they were soon at the forefront of her mind. " oui?"

"Gallic is indeed the language of the Gauls, or the French as they are known now. They made good axes. Got my skin broken many times by them" Wave-Eye said as he glanced around the new room, getting his bearings after the trip. It had been a long time since he had traveled to another world(mostly visits to the Tlalocan), and the feeling was for him much more pronounced than for Ironclad or Victory, his legs slightly shaky as he walked around the room with heavy steps on his clawed feet.

Turning to General Lapidern he gurgled "So, General, where are these wretched creatures that need obliteration?"

• 2 weeks later...

After they come through, Victory opens up a hatch on his arm, hitting a few keys. A quick scan of the area goes about, taking some images of the area on the other side of the portal. A little souvenir, as it were. He leaves the record-taking program running throughout his time here. He'll be able to make use of this, to be sure. But he keeps it in stealth mode, so it isn't making any more glow.

At being introduced to the General, Victory introduces himself with a salute.

"General, sir. Lance Factor, rank Major. I hope our collaboration on this mission will be fruitful for both sides. I think if we find there is a good level of cooperation, our worlds may be able to rely on each other in the future."

Silver Spider followed the rest of the heroes through the gate, a sensation not unlike walking through a particularly heavy curtain before she found herself looking around the room and noting how the various pieces of high tech equipment looked disturbingly similar to some of the things in her company's storage units.

Moving up next to Victory, the young woman translated the Major's comments into the local version of Latin for the General before looking up at the taller hero, "Sorry, Ironclad and I only had time to make the two translators."

Centurion Gurt gave a cheeky grin “I not sure what you were saying, but the Gauls speak a barbarian Celtic tongue, like those from Britannia…†the last comment got an evil glare from the General

“If you all make your way over here.†The General gestured to a table sitting to one side of the room.

As they approached a three dimensional map of the area sprang up on the top of the table. The topography was familiar to all of them as that surrounded Freedom City, though here it looked much smaller that the city they knew. The other Centurion stepped forward and gestured to the German figure scrolling above the map.

“These seem some kind of data, I can’t make any sense of them.†There seemed to be several columns of them in the area “We are here†he pointed to a small base below a column of figure “Whilst this seems to be there main base.†He gesture to a much larger base on the map “It’s to isolated to scout out, and our base isn’t equipped with drone to scout the area.â€

Ironclad stepped up to the display and studied it carefully, openly interested in the apparent high tech. It was odd to see a group dressed in lorica segmentata clustered around a holographic display and talking about it with such familiarity. However, she tried to not let her desire to dismantle the projector distract her from studying the overall tactical situation. "That's the city," she said for Victory's benefit. "Nazis are over here. You don't need a drone," she added, turning to address the centurions. "You've got me and Victory. Trust me, we can get up there, have a look around, and get back before your wine warms up. Just point us in the right direction."

"Victory is faster than anything else that flies, he will be perfection in such a task" Wave-Eye agreed as he looked with casual interest at the glowing map, the necessity for its being so quite beyond him. "Do you know if there any known patrols in the interim lands or is the entire situation a mystery to you at present, do you not have flying craft with which to scout their positions higher than any of their weapons can reach?" he asked, peering closely at one edge of the map, trying to see precisely where the image ended "If there are any ships of theirs in the bay or rivers, I will gladly go hull them and send their crew to the silent sleep below."

The General gave her two centurion a look before explaining <“Remember there from another world, and know nothing of the politics of this land. First we’re going to have to reveal military information, so I’m officially drafting you into the Auxiliaries. Congratulations.â€> she smiled and gave them all a salute <â€Brix will provide you with our radio frequencies and any equipment you require.â€>

That done she gestured towards the Holotable.

<â€Whilst our garrison is small we have a small number of tanks and attack helicopters, and if we need air support we can call on the Tiberious. The problem is where the second base is sited. This one must have been chosen because of the easy of generating the portal. That’s why we were able to secure the base so easily and probably why they haven’t check up on its radio silence. This base is on the border of our Roman claims on this land and those of the Lenape. Any assault on the base would probably be seen as an attack on the Lenape, it would lead us into a full conflict with a hostile power.â€>

"We've apparently been drafted," Ironclad informed Victory, eying the Romans. She didn't much like the idea of being drafted, but as long as no one tried to enforce the chain of command she could live with it. "And the Nazis are... Excuse me. Are these Lenape the same from our world," she asked the Centurions. "The people native to this continent?" She shook her head. "I know the Nazis bent their philosophy in a circle to justify allying with the Japanese, but I can't imagine them finding many Aryan ideals in Native Americans! We should contact these Lenape," she advised, "and see if they won't help us fight the Nazis."

Victory had let the little compliments go without a comment, just a small smirk. But he's all business otherwise. His recording systems have been live, taking down as many of the maps and charts as he can get a glance at to try and chart potential routes, should he be needed in several places at once. While he wasn't entirely unfamiliar with the Latin language, it had been many years since he's actually learned it, so the translation was definitely appreciated.

Looking down at Ironclad, Victory nods.

"Looks like we have been drafted, indeed. But there are worse things. And besides, things get easier to keep in order when there's someone at the helm. Especially if they're able to take an eye over the battlefield as a whole. I know I owe much to my own mission control."

As Victory looks over the charts and maps, he addresses their hosts.

"What sort of equipment do your men have? If we'll be fighting alongside your forces, we need to know what they're capable of, as well. And in addition, I have one other condition for providing assistance if it's going to be in a formal manner. When in the field, if I or one of my compatriots believe a change in tactics is required, we're allowed to make that call. I have formal military training and experience, and they've all had their share of battles. We have the experience necessary to make those calls."

• 2 weeks later...

"Be thankful your kind has largely discarded that practice" Wave-Eye commented mildly "As one who has seen tribes pressed into service to fight their kinsmen, I would call this drafting mild indeed. Besides," he added with not a trace of the irony that ought by all rights to have been "better for us to be commanded by someone who knows what is going on than not. None of us had any notion of what had happened here before we were told, and blundering about trying to make sense of it all would be a poor introduction to this world."

He looked at the map closely, observing where the lands of the Lenape lay. Critically inspecting the hologram he said cautiously "I am clearly not of either your race nor the Nazis. That and I could speak to them with ease, and as you have had dealings with the I assume they do speak your Latin as well? If you have no pressing task I could better help in, I might assist Ironclad in contacting the Lenape."

Once again, Silver Spider translated for Victory. "I would also like to check your armaments, a large part of my day job involves working on equipment for the nation's soldiers and law enforcement agencies." Turning her head towards Victory she wrapped her knuckles against his armored shoulders, "It wouldn't surprise me at all if something I worked on was inside your frame there Major."

The young genius nodded, "Having overwatch can only be a good thing for us out there. Just keep us patched in and keep us up to date."

• 2 weeks later...

The General gave a little sigh. <“The Lenape are of this land, they use to occupy this land before the Empire came. Whilst there is now an uneasy peace between the two nations, but it is a fragile peace. They aren’t as advanced as us, but they have strength of numbers. We have plentiful resources but not enough to contain an aggressive nation and Rome’s attention is towards threats to the East. If I ask for assistance or try to broker permission from the Lenape I tip off these Nazi that we know of their presence. They are not an opponent to be taken lightly.â€>

All the bluster now seemed to have evaporated and the tired and worried woman underneath was revealed.

<“For all the power I have at my disposal I can do nothing without harming the citizens under my care. All I can do now is ask for your help.â€>

"...Ach. This is more delicate than I am any use for." Wave-Eye grumbled, sitting with a heavy thud onto the floor, staring at the map "I suppose Ironclad could simply avoid the Nazis' eyes, I have no such ability. Hrmgh. Tell me General, have they made any contact with you? Perhaps they could be deceived into sending some portion of their forces elsewhere for an easy capture or to allow us more graceful entry into their camp, if only you have some scrap of a message with which these thoughtful ones" he jerked a vicious thumb at Ironclad and Victory "can work with." he looked around at the base they were in "...Or else maybe the answer lies in some communications device that they had, and was undamaged during your attack?" he asked, black eyes gleaming with hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Victory looks down at Silver Spider after she touched his shoulder and smirks. "It's possible, I suppose. But if it is, you'll probably never hear about it. The actual construction of my body is a secret of national importance. Even I don't know the entirety of it, or what some of my core components are or how they work. I suppose it's better that way. If it's not all in my head, then there's less risk of all the tech being stolen or copied in the event I get captured. There's some serious black box stuff in here, that I don't think you'd be able to copy even by having the original."

Returning his attention to the more pressing matter at hand, Victory nods to the General.

"Well our help is one thing you already have, so that's one less issue to worry about, yes? I think we're all in agreement on that end."

Listening again, Victory strokes his chin. "A communications device would indeed be helpful, if the previous forces were careful enough not to destroy it. If we can use that to trace the signal and pinpoint it, I could rush over and at least get a good eye on what we're really looking at here."

• 2 weeks later...

As the heroes considered there option through the forest traveled a lone military vehicle of the Nazi invaders. This Mehrzweck-Radfahrzeug contained ten hand Waffen SS soldiers, picked more for there combat abilities than there loyalty to the party, they were focus on the mission in hand and were pointedly ignoring the stern woman in the rear of the vehicle.

She was a Gewachsenmensch, the product of the finest genetic engineers from the land. As a perfect German she held power beyond her lowly rank and her word could spell doom for the men and women in the vehicle.

There mission was simple instigate the lost of contact of there transfer base and reclaim the facility for hostiles if necessary.

At the there main forward base they also took precautions in case there presence has been discovered. A number of large armed drone’s, Raubitiere, were silently released to take protective positions in the forest around the base.