Paint the Town (IC)

Raveled

Blodeuwedd dropped silently beside Mali her cloak swirling around her as she touched down softly on the ground. She gave and quick not to Mali on seeing the guard unconscious on the ground and took a position beside the door.

She then proceeded to draw her blade Dyrnwyn which sprung to life with an eldritch flame that lit up the immediate area with its soft blue glow, before Blodeuwedd tucked it behind her cloak casting the area back into darkness. Then there was nothing more to do but wait for the other two to do there assigned tasked

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

Most of the gang members didn't wait to try and fight it out with the conjured Freedom League. With so many A-list heroes apparently attacking all at once, most of the gangers bolted for the nearest exit. A couple stayed and started firing at shadows; one was lucky enough to put three rounds straight through 'Lady Liberty.' He stared at the apparition, then nudged his buddy. "Hey, these Leaguers -- they ain't real. Someone's playing head games!"

A door leading further into the warehouse opened and two people stepped through it. The first was a large man in a cut-off tee-shirt and jeans, bigger and bulkier than the rest of the gang members and radiating an aura of authority and danger. "What the hell is going on here? What are all you suckers doing, fight the capes off!" The other figure was a woman, thing and blonde, who looked around the room and narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "I zink you vill find zat these heroes are mostly illusions," she said, her German accent thick enough to cut. "Unfortunately, that meanz there iz someone around attempting to break in. And ve can't have zat, now can ve?" Blonde pulled a syringe out of her lab coat and jabbed the gang leader, emptying a red fluid into him. "Have my latest creation -- Ultra-Max. All the rage, none of ze heart attack! And as for, I shall... relocate."

The woman stepped back through the door, closing it behind her. The leader recoiled from the the jab. "Hey, what the hell did you just give me?" He clutched at his head, and the heroes could see the veins on his arms pulsing. "I... I feel... I feel ANGRY!!" He roared and charged into the melee.

Crimson Tiger watched the charging brute with interest before taking off in a run herself. Obviously, as hyped up on drugs as he was, he would not be reasoned with. That was fine with her. Drug dealers like this were the scum of the Earth, preying on people's weaknesses and ruining lives. She was fine with roughing a few of them up, especially if it meant stemming the tide of illegal drugs on the streets, even a little bit.

She ran headlong at the drug-fueled bruiser, balling up her right fist and slamming it into him. He stopped moving for a moment. Despite his newly enhanced strength, it was clear that a strong fist to the stomach was just as painful as it would be for anyone else.

"You're angry, yeah? Well I'm furious." She said to him, letting it sink in that yes, she was a superhero, and that yes, this would hurt, a lot.

Blue Jay watched the fight developing beneath her feet. "Good job with the illusions," she said to Kit. "Cleared out most of them." She nocked, drew, and fired two more arrows in the blink of an eye. "And that's the last two. Well this should be simple enou--" And then the blonde and the gang leader stepped into the room, and suddenly there was a new element in the fight. "Merde." Jay eyed the door the doctor had exited through. "Think Bodeu and Tiger can handle this guy on their own?"

Sam is lost in her own little world, her fingers involuntarily twitching as if manipulating her puppets, making everyone dance. It's not until her wrong move, getting 'Lady Liberty' shot, that the frustration even begins to shake her out if it, and when the jig is up and the last of the random thugs are down, she just drops the charade entirely, trying to come back to her senses.

To that end, the big bag of muscles expositing about his feelings help. And seeing him crumple around Mali's fist makes it an easy call. "They can handle a juiced up idiot. Come on." She grabs Tona's hand and they fall through the shadows around the skylight, coming back up behind the sofa, near the door the blonde with the outrageous accent vanished into.

Just when you thought this night couldn’t get any more complicated things changed again, it seems that they’d stumbled on something a little more than simple drug runners. But right now that wasn’t important; no right now they needed to take down before someone got really hurt. So without hesitation Blodeuwedd followed Mali into the warehouse the large bulk of the man didn’t do anything to slow her progress.

Taking a position beside her friend she began to rain a series of blow on him with Dyrnwyn on larger man, the blue flames of the magic sword casting an eerie glow on the three of them.

Drynwyn's blue glow illuminated Crimson Tiger's flashing fists and elbows, as the pair of heroes laid into the over-muscled gang leader. A palm strike to the face left him reeling and largely unable to defend himself, bruises blossoming over his torso. And then as the girls watched, they began to shrink and disappear! Apparently this wasn't going to be as simple as it appeared.

Blue Jay and Kit found themselves in a small room with a hole in the floor! They could hear a voice singing down the hole, so the pair crept up and looked. There was a ladder, and the ladder lead under the wooden walkway; underneath there was a Zodiac boat, tied to some pylons. The blonde woman was loading it up with styrofoam boxes marked with the biohazard symbol!

Mali growled. Fine, the guy wants to heal his wounds? Not a problem, she thought. Just have to hit him harder.

Mali threw a false punch, trying to get the man to react to it, but, unfortunately, he didn't. So, instead of that, she dropped as low as she could. Her muscles coiled up as she dropped, pushing against the ground to get as much force built up into them as she could. Then she hopped into the air, pushing off the ground with as much force as she could. Her right fist slammed into his jaw with an audible crack. She wondered, briefly, if she broke it. She hoped Blodeuwedd could take advantage of the opportunity and keep him on his toes.

The crack was indeed audible and the huge man stumbled back, pinwheeling his arms. He fell and landed on his rump, but in seconds he was back on his feet, eyes fixed on Crimson Tiger. Whatever was keeping him in the fight was letting him bounce back from these blows far too quickly.

One room deeper, Blue Jay dropped through the hole and into the under-side dock. The blonde whirled, still carrying one of the styrofoam cases. Jay drew and loosed in one smooth motion, knocking the case to the ground and spilling open; many tiny vials, some capped red while others were blue and still more were purple, fell into the mud. "I suggest you hold really still," she said to the other woman. "Unless you have something that can reverse what you gave the caveman that's fighting my friends right now."

For her part, the blonde looked more angry than scared. "You idiot little girl! Do you know vhat you have done? Who I am!?"

Jay nocked another arrow and cocked her head to the side. "Would I care if I did know?"

The blonde pulled herself up haughtily. "I! Am ze the genius Doctor Sydney Smythe!"

Jay paused, shrugged, and drew the bow to extension. "So no then."

Kit lets her friend go ahead, hanging back to watch. Wait. Plan. The fight upstairs isn't relevant, no matter how loud it gets. She trusts Crimson Tiger and Blodeuwedd. Even if they don't win the fight, they'll outlast the drug. And this mad scientist... she doesn't look that dangerous. At least not on her own. She doesn't have a patsy to force her drugs on, and she's probably too smart to shoot them into her own body. After all, she wouldn't need the goons upstairs otherwise.

That leaves tricks and escape. And until those, Blue Jay can more than handle her.

So, when the archer takes her shot at the box, Sam slips through the shadows of the docks, onto Doctor Smythe's boat.

Escape, she can deal with.

Blodeuwedd swore under her breath in Welsh, regenerators were a pain to fight in any situation. At least with most supernatural creatures there was some kind of weakness to exploit. All they could do is keep the guy busy and hope either the drug would flush from his system or they could wear him down.

She didn’t bother with any witty retort he wasn’t the kind to be tricked into making a mistake, and she knew someone who trained like Mali wouldn’t need to be told what to do. Instead she concentrated on a series of sweeping attacks with Dyrnwyn.

GM

Dr Smythe sneered at the archer. "You will know the name soon, trust me little girl. Soon all the world will realize the genius of Doctor Sydney Smythe!" She reached into her lab coat and pulled out a compact pistol with a canister attached at the back. She fired at Blue Jay, and the heroine ducked the attack, rolling for cover behind a wooden support beam. Smythe backed up and into the boat; with one hand she kept a steady suppressing fire up and with the other she cast off and cranked up the engine, maneuvering the boat out to more open waters.

Mali was amazed at how well coordinated she and Cerys were. Despite having never trained together, they managed to maneuver around each other easily. She stepped up to the brute and threw a punch to his head. He tried to dodge, but moved precisely in the right place to kick him in the side of the head as hard as she could. Though he could heal, he was too dazed and battered to respond adequately.

So far, Operation Out Beat His Healing was working just fine for her.

• 2 weeks later...

Blodeuwedd gritted her teeth and pressed onwards with her attacks as she did he moved around to one side of the giant man, splitting his attention should allow one of them to land the telling and hopefully final blow on the man.

As moved she performing a series of testing slashes with Dyrnwyn. By now she had a fairly good idea of his tactics and could tell how he was going to react based on his body languages, though her regeneration did make it harder to read him fully.

When she was ready she did a final blow against him and managed to land a solid blow on the man, she could just hope that it would be enough.

GM

Smythe's super-Max was giving the man superhuman endurance and strength; but nothing could let him stand up to the assault of Blodeuwodd and Crimson Tiger forever. Dyrnwn crashed on the man's back and he fell to his knees, pawing weakly at the air as he tried to grasp at either woman. Finally though, he fell face-down on the warehouse floor, moaning gently.

Underneath the warehouse, Smythe jumped on the boat and quickly started the engine, keeping the speed slow so as not to run into a wooden piling. She was smart enough not to give Blue Jay a clear shot, though, maneuvering between the pillars and making sure any arrows fired would have a torturous path to find her.

The boat swerves away, but it won't help the mad scientist.  Behind the boxes, Sam lurks, and she waits for Smythe to get out into clearer waters.  Then, she conjures a small, blue ball of hellfire and lets it fall into the bottom of the boat.  Then, with a pull, she opens a long gash along the bottom, and the boat starts taking on water.

"It's over," she says as she rises and comes into plain view.  "The boat is sinking.  You can't fix a hole this big in time, and if you try to swim, you will die."  She reaches out to the doctor.  "Take my hand.  I can get you off the boat safely.  But try anything and I will burn you."

She fixes her gaze on the blonde, ready to help but expecting a knife in the back.

With that, Mali turned to where the real target ran off to. She didn't know if Blue Jay and Kit would need her help, but she certainly wouldn't let them take her on alone if they did. So she took off, as fast as she could, for where they went. She vaguely hoped that Blodeuwedd would follow behind as she did so, but wasn't worried. She needed to make sure Tona and Sam were okay.

Blodeuwedd was moving behind Mali also as soon as the larger man went down, though she did allow herself a few second satisfaction at finally taking him down. Actually despite the peril they had been in she had enjoyed the second half of the night more than just clubbing, maybe they should do this more often.

She was confident that Tona and Sam were alright, Sam seemed to have a strong sense of preservation, but that didn’t mean Blodeuwedd didn’t want to make sure they were okay. And obviously, seeing where she was going, Mali had much the same idea.

Smythe watched slack-jawed as the red-headed interloper burned a hole into the bottom of her boat and she began to ship water. "You... you... You idiot girl!" She fired at Kit and the younger girl nimbly dodged the darts. "That was my ticket back to SHADOW, back to my love's good graces. How dare you wreck my chance!?" She charged and grabbed Kit, and they both went over the side and into the water.<br /><br />Standing back on the shore, Blue Jay, Crimson Tiger, and Blodeuwodd could only watch Kit and Smythe's conversation. But when the women hit the water Jay was off like a shot, dashing to the edge of the sea and jumping in, making a beeline for where the pair were thrashing about.

Kit goes down, baffled when the egghead takes a play from her musclebound thugs' playbook.  Were it anyone else on the team, they probably would have just punched Smythe when she jumped, but Kit isn't exactly a world-classed martial artist.  Mostly, she was just taught how to not get pounded into the dust, but it's hard to dodge when one is ankle-deep in water.

Beneath the water, the struggle continues.  As Smythe flails at her, Kit stays calm , grabs her shoulder, and looks straight into her eyes.  She doesn't try to reach into her mind.  No, right now, that's too restrained.  Instead, she drops all veils and tries to pull her mind out entirely, to shut her down immediately and unquestionably.  To the doctor's vision, those eyes turn into black wells, drawing her in, tugging at her very soul.

Smythe's mind fell down in the pool, but insanity provided her with an infinitely long safety cord. She lashed out and hit Kit just above her eye, grabbing the teen's throat with her other hand. "You fools cannot understand the magnificence of my vision," she screamed. "You don't deserve to live in the world SHADOW shall create!" With Smythe more concerned with choking the life out of her than saying afloat, there was no way Kit could keep the pair of them above the water and they began to sink.

Jay redoubled her efforts and reached the two just as they were going under. She grabbed Kit by the waist and tried to haul her up, towards the surface of the water, but there wasn't much she could do; Smythe was simply a deadweight at this point, putting all her effort into murdering the young heroine without a single thought for her own survival.

With her night vision goggles Blodeuwedd could see clearly exactly what was going on in the water. And whilst she wanted to just jump into the water and swim out it seemed to her that it wasn’t the best use of her talents. Beside it wasn’t get to Sam and Tona that was the problem it was getting them out.

Luckily she had something that could help.

Crouching down to get a better angle she took out her grapple gun and aimed a reachable distance above there head. The grapple line shot out and attached itself to the hull of the boat. It wouldn’t last long, not with the boat sinking, but it should be enough to help them all out.

Crimson Tiger decided that this just wasn't going to pass. She jumped onto the boat and made for the pair, deciding she wasn't about to let Smythe hurt her friend, nor was she going to let them all go down with the boat. Not while she could do anything to stop it.

She would lift them bodily from the water if need be. She wasn't going to let the idiot Smythe die either. Not on her watch.

Edited by Thunder King

Between Crimson Tiger and Blue Jay, they managed to haul Smythe and Kit onto the rapidly-sinking boat. Smythe reeled and tried to attack again, but Jay dropped her with a punch and signaled Blodeuwodd to start reeling them in. Once Kit had recovered she brought them all back up to street level, and the four heroines had a chance to relax under the rain. Blue Jay looked around, grinning broadly. "You know," she said, "if this is what a club is like, I could do this every night!"

"Next time, can we skip the drowning part?" Kit asks, still soaked. "I don't like the drowning part."

She'd already gone inside to wring out every piece of clothing she's wearing and press out her hair as best she can, but right now she's still wet, cold, and now covered in possibly irreparably wrinkled and mussed clothes.

She looks to Cerys, "These were supposed to replace the clothes that got ripped and bloodied on that ghost ship. I swear, I lose more clothes on this job..." she lets the thought drop. "Anyways, I say we gift wrap everyone for the cops and go home."