Paint the Town (IC)

Raveled

Tona was quickly coming to the realization that this guy was simply moving too damn fast to land a punch on normally. She didn't have her arrows, so she'd have to get creative. She let the human blur grab her arm and force her towards one of the wooden beams holding the balcony aloft. At the last moment though, she put her legs out straight and ran up the beam, flipping over the fast-moving man and landing behind him. She kept the momentum up and ran into his back, slamming him against the pillar. She did a second time and a third, leaving a bloody faceprint on the wood as she let the man's body slither to the floor.

The small woman forced herself to step back and glance over the dance floor, her breath coming harshly and her blood pounding in her ears. It seemed Mali had dealt with her own assailant neatly enough, that the danger had passed for the moment. Tona shook her hands out as the adrenaline pounded through her. Her body still wanted to fight, and her training told her to keep on these guys until there wasn't any chance of them getting up again. She plunged into the crowd suddenly, making a beeline for the restrooms.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down. Down. Sam looks around for the runaway friend, not expecting to see much. She got him but good. Time to regroup and- bam! Tona bolts. Her eyes are two steps ahead, to the bathroom, and she puts two and two together, maybe getting five; time to go.

She steps back into the backstage shadows she came from, falling through the void and coming out in the crowds right next to Cerys and Mali, before all Hell breaks loose. "Time to go! Mali, pick one and grab 'im. We regroup, I'll evac."

She was taught many things in her former 'job.' When and how to grab the goods and get the Hell out of Dodge is one she learned best. And considering she hasn't had the best of experiences when cops hit the scene, especially if AEGIS is brought in?

She breaks into a full sprint, but turns on a dime to grab Cerys and Tona's bags before continuing after her friend.

• 2 weeks later...

With the last assailant down Blodeuwedd took a minute to look around her and assist the situation. The Bouncers hadn’t yet had time to react, but it wouldn’t take long for them start causing trouble. And they wouldn’t take the time to sort out who was responsible for starting trouble. She would have chosen to leave the club completely, they didn’t know if these idiots had allies in the club, but the restrooms seemed a good secondary choice.

Instinct made her want to just activate her cloak and vanish into thin air, but that wouldn’t really help in this circumstances, so like the others she just melted into the crowd and made her way to join the others.

• 2 weeks later...

Mali said an inappropriate word under her breath them moment she spotted Tona running towards the bathroom. And here, they were having so much fun. She rushed through the crowd, relying on her agility and speed to make sure the crowd didn't slow her down. She barged through some, dodged around others, and evaded them all in general, not wanting to draw attention to herself, but also wanting to make sure Tona was okay.

The bathroom was empty and Tona filled a washbasin with water, splashing some on her face. Those men were so damn fast! And that one was almost stronger than an Omegadrone! She was being expected to fight that? No wonder the Furians thought that studying here would teach her how to fight anything, if this was a casual battle.

And then there was the fact that she had utterly failed at the battle. She'd shown some moves at the end, but before that? Being carried off just like some --

-- bodies, sleeping bodies, stuck with darts filled with some foul concoction. She wants to go back for them, the need burns in her gut, but her head says to turn and run and so she does. Those bodies, those people are going away to be twisted and corrupted and turned into weapons and some day she'll have to fight and kill them, so a tiny voice in her mind asks what the difference would be if she killed them now...

She tasted bile suddenly and swallowed, hard. The very last thing she wanted to do was throw up, in a bathroom, right after her first major fight in this dimension. It would hardly leave the correct impression.

Tona heard the door open and straightened suddenly, blinking away the water drops in her eyes as Mali walked in. "Hey, Mali. I was just. Um. Going to the bathroom," she lied, lamely. Her eyes slid off to the side and she tried to change the subject. "So. Is that what normally happens in a club?"

Stepping through the door Blodeuwedd gave the two a little smile, which faded as soon as she saw Tona face. It was obvious that the fight had affected the young woman in some way. She move across to beside her and hovered a hand near her, not certain how she would react to physical contact right now.

“You okay there Tona? Just our luck to pick the one club where there were some idiots out to cause trouble. Still I doubt they’ll try that again, so that a small bonus.†she kept her voice soft and understanding, a tough job considering all the adrenaline still rushing through her system “Do you want to try again? Or should we all just head back home?â€

Sam gets there last, a way-too-heavy bag in each hand. She bursts in, kicking the door open and just as quickly whirling around to push it shut, thinking to herself this escape plan is going smooth as glass, for something slapped together on the spot.

She sets the bags down, one hand on the light switch, the other reaching out to her friends. "Okay, all here. There's an alley nearby, so take my hand and I can zap us all over there, then we get in the car, get it back to the alley, and I have us all back on campus before the po-"

She cuts herself off short, finally noticing Tona and the others. "-oh. Um..." She tries to shift gears. "Are... you... okay?" she asks, trying to string together something personable and supportive instead, backed up by a bit of nervous giggling.

Tona clenched her teeth and breathed deeply. "I'm fine," she insisted. She strode forward angrily and grabbed her bag, clutching it tightly and wishing desperately for her bow. "I'm just... I'm a little bit..." She slid her free hand down her leg, pretending to straighten her pants. As she did so she found the half of the jelly bean she had stashed there, and popped it into her mouth. She chewed for a moment, and then blurted out, "Are all men here that strong? Or that fast? I didn't... I didn't expect to be..." I didn't expect to lose.

“Oh those were just a bunch of idiots whacked out on super drugs like Max and Zoom. I’m not surprised you’ve not come across them there quite rare outside the city. It makes them overconfident and difficult to predict.†She gave a reassuring look “You handled yourself well in the circumstances.â€

She looked at Tona for a few seconds; she was fairly sure that something else was bothering her.

“Tona we’re your friends we want to help, but you’re going to have to tell us what bothering you. Is it just the fact we had that tussle with those idiots? Or is there something else?â€

Mali sighed. "We have good days, and bad days, those guys were hopped up on drugs, meant to make them stronger and faster, very dangerous. You were caught off guard by foes you had never seen before, and without your weapons. Considering the tactical situation, you did very well." She smiled, but then stopped. Something seemed to be wrong, something more than just a couple of idiots.

Tona shook her head. "I'm fine. It's just that..." Just that for once in her life she wasn't supposed to have to worry about death or dismemberment. She was supposed to be safe here, but there were still people who would come out of nowhere to try to kill her, or carry her off.

She inhaled sharply and banished those thoughts. "You said they were on drugs," she said. "I've seen men using opium, and morphine, and penicillin, and chewing willow bark. They don't act like that. They don't get strong or fast or... blurry." Whatever the leader had been on, it sure wasn't the same as the rest of his crew.

From the sound from the club it sounded like things were getting back to normal.

“We’re bound to have a gaggle of women descend on this place quiet soon. Sam can you delay them for a couple of minutes?â€

Blodeuwedd then lent on the sink beside her friend.

“He was probably on Max it boosts the user physical build for about an hour, whilst the others were on Zoom hence there Speedsters abilities. Look sweetie if you want we can practice against Max opponents in doom room all you want, but I think we better make a move. There’s no way we can move about unnoticed, we’re probably all over YouTube and Facebook by now.â€

Tona clenched her hands into fists. She didn't want to leave, she wanted to fight back against those guys again and prove that she could do it without any help. She spun around and marched deeper into the bathroom -- and spotted a window just above head height (for her, anyway). She grabbed the sill and pulled herself up; it was plenty wide for them to wiggle out and looked like it emptied out into a dark alley behind the club. "We can get out through here," she said, speaking over her shoulder to the group. She turned and faced the other girls. "C'mon, the big one got away. And shouldn't we find whoever was dealing this... this Max and Zoom stuff? And stop them?"

Sam gives Cerys a nod, not savoring the idea of going back out there to face the music. She wedges her heel against the door instead, stalling until Tona gives her just the excuse she needs.

"You're right!" she declares. "That's what heroes are for, after all. And after what I did to his brain, he's probably running back to his base right now! This is our chance to take down the entire cell, maybe trace it back to the top and find out who's making the stuff!"

When in doubt, oversell. And get to the window so they can get to moving before there's too much chance for discussion.

In most normal circumstances Blodeuwedd would take her time and investigate the incident and the people before striking back at the people involved. But she could see that Tona needed to do something, anything, to regain her balance. Beside this was more like her idea of a fun night out.

“Sam could you please go help Tona with the window?†she was already moving a rubbish bin to block the door “Mali you know this city better than any of us here, any idea of where the idiots would have gone for their stuff?â€

She was comfortable being lead and taking orders, but she also knew how to take command when necessary.

"I wouldn't know where to start, really." Mali answered honestly. "I mean, even if we found the guy who got away, who's to say he could lead us anywhere?" She shrugged. "If we're goign to do this, we have to get different transportation, get our gear, and do this properly. That probably means on foot, but there's nothing we can do about that."

She looked from girl to girl, knowing full well she could be ready in very short order.

Tona didn't know much about street drugs, but she did know a fair bit about tracking a wounded, desperate animal. The window slid open smoothly, revealing a gap more than generous enough for any of the group. Directly underneath the window was a Dumpster with the lid closed, making an easy step down from the window sill and from there to the alley; it was almost like this was a planned escape route, straight out of the women's restroom!

The young woman approached the rear door the brute had used to exit, and had almost carried Tona off through. It was hanging half off its hinges, and the wall opposite had a few crumbled, pulverized bricks. At the mouth of the alley was some decorative ironmongery, with a tailing edge squeezed into a shape that clashed harshly with the rest of the design. It seemed a good enough trail to go on, so Tona returned to the window. "I can follow him," she said, her tone not even admitting the possibility of defeat. "But we should grab our gear and get ready for a fight beforehand." She grinned suddenly -- this was the sort of night out that she knew how to handle!

It was obvious what Blodeuwedd’s intentions were her clothes were already changing back into her normal costume the cape blowing out as it settled back down. She was already pulling on her goggles and fishing out her throwing knives from her bag.

“Well I don’t have Dyrnwyn with me, taking a sword on a night out is normally considered bad form, but I’m more than ready to take down these petty thugs.â€

To emphasis the point she pulled the hood up over her head, Cerys was then replaced with Blodeuwedd ready for action.

Mali dashed back to her car and, within a few moments, emerged as Crimson Tiger. "Okay, Blue Jay." She said. "Go ahead and track 'em, I'll be right behind you."

She looked around at the other girls. There was a time to hang out, have fun, relax. There was also a time to kick ass, take names, and make the world a better place.

She liked those times.

Jumping through three plans in the span of a minute! This is always a good sign!

Is it healthy when your second resort to cheering a friend up is beating the crap out of people?

"We'll catch up!" Sam calls ahead, helping Mali and Tona out the window before going back to the bathroom door and turning out the lights. "Where's your room Ce- Blod?" Sam asks as she suits up, herself. She doesn't actually have a costume, but she's had a couple in the past, and pays lip service to the idea every now and again. Like now, when she pulls a little black domino mask and puts the useless garment on, completing her transformation into the master thief, Kit.

"I can get you there and back in under a minute," she says, extending her hand, obviously wanting Cerys' in the barely-there lighting. "They're gonna have a lot of juice. We may need the sword."

Blodeuwedd raised an eyebrow at Sam comments, but she could see that her heart was in the right place. She didn’t think that they were really enough of a threat to bring Dyrnwyn, but it wouldn’t hurt to have Dyrnwyn to hand.

“It sound like’s an excellent plan. Like Sam said we’ll catch you both up.†With that she turned back to Sam “So exactly how much information do you need to find my room? There are lot of people in the Dorms I’d hate to barge in unannounced.â€

With that Blodeuwedd provided Sam with the information required. She’d be interested to see how Sam teleport actually worked.

It didn't take long for Tona to become Blue Jay; her Claremont jacket was in the back of the car, and her mask was in her pocket already. In moments she was ready for action and leading Crimson Tiger down the street. She was alert for more signs of the errant drug-user, eyes swiveling and taking in everything she saw. Above clouds gathered, and with a rumble of thunder the rain started to fall.

Casually crushed street bins, bent lamps, and at least car ripped in half sprinkled the path of the Max user they were following. Finally, it came to a chain-link fence that had been ripped out of the ground, cement anchors and all, and thrown into the street. It had blocked off a void between buildings, an empty space that was entirely devoid of any lighting. Inside, just visible in the spilled streetlight, was their tough. He was sitting on the ground and breathing heavily, clutching his chest, and his clothes even seemed looser, like he's deflated as they chased him. His head rolled loosely as he turned to look at the two heroes. "Please," he moaned. "Hurts so much. Get Bennie. Bennie's got the stuff, please I need more!"

In the back of her mind, Kit has a sinking feeling this night could get very bad, very fast. She doesn't know a whole lot about max and zoom, but it seems like the sort of thing that can bring a lot of muscle really fast, if someone's willing to throw away a lot of people. And whoever's pushing something like this probably has something bigger on hand to keep customers in line. Their impromptu team is doing what they have to do, but the young thief is already planning their exit strategy. An army hopped up on drugs like that probably won't last long, after all.

But first thing's first. She takes Blodeuwedd's hand. "Just relax. This will feel weird." It's a cold, hollow creeping sensation; Blod can even see as the shadows envelop her body. It takes a moment for Kit to pin down her target; it's always slow with places she hasn't actually been. And it would be almost impossible to be so precise so quickly anywhere else she hasn't been, but a girl always needs one place where she has home field advantage, and she's studied Claremont's layout well. As soon as she gets the room number, she knows exactly where it is, and exactly where to find the most reliable places to step out and in.

Finally, the cold washes over the both of them and the sensation is gone, leaving little more than a wobbling in the knees. "We're in your closet," Sam says, distracted; she's already getting a dark corner near Mali's car into her mind's eye while Blod is free to get her blade.

Blodeuwedd wasn’t total stranger to magic, whilst she didn’t practice any of the mystical arts she knew enough about this various form and practices, so the teleport itself didn't bothered her in the slightest. As the mystically energies swirled around them however she almost lost her cool for a second, she really hadn’t expect such dark magic’s.

Stepping out of the closet she considered her next move, she had a bad habit of chasing mysteries, and her friends seemed to have mysteries in spades. Still it was a conversation for another time. She crossed the room and took Dyrnwyn from its ornately carved stand.

“You know Dyrnwyn isn’t the only magical item I own, these goggles also detect magical energies.†She tapped one of the glowing green lenses with the hilt of Dyrnwyn “There must be a interesting story around the magic your using, and I’d like to think that when you’re ready you’ll tell me about it. But right now Tona and Mali need our helps so let’s go.â€

Watching Tona track was interesting. The girl knew what she was doing, and as much as Mali tried, she couldn't really figure out what she was doing. Ah, well, different skill sets.

It was very interesting, but mystifying. As the two of them reached the man, she couldn't help but pity him. It was unfortunate, but he did it to himself.

She was, however, trying to make sure he wasn't actually dying. She couldn't be that heartless. Someone who did that to themselves may be stupid, but they should at least be given the chance to survive and learn how to stop.