Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vahnyu

Swiss Format(OOC)

Recommended Posts

Okay, so we've got Bad Guys With Guns and hostages. This can be dealt with!

Overclock, who has conviniently been listening in, promptly zips over to a nearby alleyway and does a quick costume-swap. (Quick Change! :D) Then, he proceeds to crank up to Speed 18 (unless the GM wants to invoke my Complication - Adrenaline Rush - Zeke can only tap into the full force of the Woosh when in a situation that would merit a huge adrenaline rush; a fight, a building collapsing, chaos all around him. Sometimes he can give it a kick-start, sometimes he can't. (Save for Speed 2 and Quickness 2, full range of powers will only be accessible at GM's discretion.))

If this works, he then rushes at top-speed (5,000,000MPH or 50,000,000' per round), taking a Move Action to bolt down to the vault, picks up both hostages (STR 26 - if that's insufficient then he takes two trips), and promptly speeds back upstairs and out, dropping them off in front of the cops with a big smiley-face under his mask and a bit of showboating. 'cos he's the Arrogant Kung Fu Guy.

If any of this gets interrupted or he strikes a booby trap, then poor him! :twisted:

Share this post


Link to post

There are no medical complications from being suddenly picked up by a guy moving five million miles an hour. None at all. :P

Share this post


Link to post

Ah, comics.

Anyways. Quinn may post now, again. After that, Blue Rose's Stormbreaker can make an entrance.

Share this post


Link to post

For refference, the robbers follow the PL2 Thug archetype, while the leader is a PL4 Gang Leader, both found in the Core Manual, under pages 229 and 227 respectively.

Share this post


Link to post

Move Action into the building, up the stairs, and say hello to robbers 1-3 and gang boss. Standard Action, Power Attack shift (+2 Damage, -2 Attack), Take 10 on the minions for Attack 16, DC 25 saves on all of them. 3 thugs can't make it, so they go down - gang boss gets the save since he can make it on a natural 20.

Then Overclock will note the big ol' hole in the wall! :D

Share this post


Link to post

Take 10 on attack (assuming the van counts as a minion, being an object and all). 18 to hit, which should is enough to hit a core rules van, and DC27 Toughness, which a core rules van beats on a 18 or better. 15 or better if it's armored.

Point's to take the van out of commission, rather than reduce it to a smudge on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, post redone. Moving into position. May take a couple rounds to do everything, but the plan includes taking aim and readying an action to fire at the van as soon as it passes.

Share this post


Link to post

Very well, then. Butterfly can make her appearance now.

Overclock has taken care of the 4 robbers in the 1st floor, the 5th robber is on her way to the Van in the sewers, and Stormbreaker is poised to strike at the Van as soon as it surfaces.

The last 3 Robbers are in the ground floor.

Share this post


Link to post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there a giant visible spacecraft there now?

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, Magic. Stormbreaker's ship is quite a few feet above the general area there.

Share this post


Link to post

In the meantime...

Elena had climbed 15 feet down the elevator shaft. There are about 15 feet more until the sewer level. She will attempt to jump... TOU check vs DC15+1

1d20+2 → [9,2] = (11)

...And fail, not surprisingly. She's sprained her ankle from the fall and is rendered incapacitated.

Share this post


Link to post

Alright, I've waited for more than a week.

:arrow: Magic, I understand that real life can get in the way, and if this were a thread between just the two of us, or one more, I would have no problem stopping it, for a month, even, until you were able to recommit. As it stands, however, I'm affraid I cannot do so. If you are able to return to posting, at a frequent pace at that(about once per day), I will allow you to participate in this thread. Until then, however, I'm continuing updating the story as it is.

:arrow: Quinn, I'm sorry for the delay. If you wish, feel free to continue posting. Same goes for Blue Rose as well :)

:arrow: Arichamus and Scuffles, I'm sorry I haven't allowed you to enter the scene so far. By my estimation, it will be merely a matter of time until our characters arrive, and by the time they do, trust me, we will all have our own share cut out for us.

Share this post


Link to post

Quinn's been busy, as has Blue. Vahn too. Just one of things I guess.

Share this post


Link to post

Actually, I hadn't noticed I was lumped in with Quinn under, "Go ahead and post." ^^U

But unfortunately, I'm sitting there with a readied action, so... yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...