Irregulars Revelations

Semi-Autogyro

"Morgan," Brian said as he headed towards the tree, "last year you were challenged by gods, had your girlfriend kidnapped, and gotten chewed out by one of the scariest men I've ever met. Not to mention routinely getting the crap beaten out of you by big men with sticks. If that's your idea of a great year, we're going to have to take you to Six Flags or something after graduation." Regardless, he said it all with a smile and threw his arm around John. Last year had been, by and large, something worth reliving; his parents getting arrested hadn't been great, but it had lead him to Claremont, to Morgan and Vic and the rest of the Irregulars, not to mention to Gwen. He'd learned more about his powers, and right now he was surrounded by people who accepted him just for what he was. Yeah, this could been seen as a pretty good time, all things considered.

"Really, when did Victoria get kidnapped."

Etain walked between them setting herself in front of the tree and in front of the group. She was the smallest member, even if she and Victoria were the same height she was much more physically dainty. She put a hand to her face,

"And honestly who would be able to manage that. She would have to be unconcious, even then, huh, that is troubling. Why was I not contacted if she was taken?"

"It's a long story. The short version is I went out on a late night patrol on my own when dealing with some insomnia, got ambushed and neck deep in an illusionary scene. One of Morgan's enemies taunted him, he grabbed Brian and John, got me back. Explosions ensued on the way out," Vicky explained as she set up the picture. When Morgan selected his seat, she took a seat in his lap before configuring the camera.

No sooner had Morgan flopped into a comfortable seat against the tree than he'd found himself with a lapful of Victoria; a surprise, but not an unpleasant one by any stretch of the imagination. He relaxed against the trunk, shifting slightly to present her with the best possible seat - let nobody say that Morgan Crowe was not a gentleman.

"S'was before you fell in with us, E; dunno if I told you about the Lady and Branagh before, right nasty pair they were. Sidhe witch and her Autumn Child, I tweaked their noses once by helpin' a pair of spirits, fire and earth - married couple too, if you can believe that - escape her unrighteous wrath. Though in Branagh's case it was less 'tweak', more 'break'. Steel-soled boots, y'know?"

He shrugged, wiggling one of his feet. He'd debated for a long time about whether to use steel or actual cold iron in his boots, but had decided to go with the simpler option. Though the idea of removable soles (or some kind of rune ferro-switch) had occurred to him more than once...

"Like she said, short version, we went in and got her out. Bri got turned into an icecube, John blew up her temple...yeah, bit of a clusterfrak, that rescue. Aaaand...well, we didn't even think of asking for help from the school...yeah. When we got back, the Headmaster was not happy."

Morgan exchanged a look with Brian and John, wincing. The memory of a ream-out, -any- ream-out by Summers was enough to set a teen on the straight and narrow for life.

The folder switched between hands as John attempted to figure out a position to keep a hold of it while not having it show in the picture. Eventually, he settled by setting Vickys' bag on top of it so it so it would stay put. Once that was done, he stood against the tree behind Morgan, Vicky, and Etain with Brians' arm around his shoulder.

When the conversation turned to their foray into the Ladys' realm and the subsequent significant glance from Morgan, John could not hide the small predatory smile that crept across his face. "Some things are worth disobeying orders, and the punishment for doing so. Indeed, I would not hesitate to do so again." John looked off into the distance, "It is my hope that Branagh and his Lady understood the ramifications of their actions, if they were to attempt something similar I doubt the benevolence of my actions in that situation." His voice took on a hard edge during the latter statement, before he turned his attention back to the group.

"But that is in the past, we can learn from it and prevent it from happening again. If anything, I think that was the impetus that caused us to band together as we are now." John turned his attention to the camera. "Ready when you are, Victoria."

Vicky lifted a clenched fist, her lightblue and black energy crackling around it and down her arm almost to her elbow. "That and we've all had a little more training. If Branagh shows up again, he's going to be spitting his teeth out for weeks."

Once everyone was assembled and crowded in, she lifted the tablet in one hand and pressed the prompt for it to take the picture.