It's Gonna Be The Future Soon (OOC)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deck Fight

Blobby McGee: 21

Free Action: shifts to his 'softbody' form (which is better for fighting flying bricks like Citizen)

Move Action: advances on Citizen

Standard Action: Using his Elongation, makes a melee attack vs. Citizen. He's seen this guy's pretty tough (and needs to go down hard) so he'll make an All-Out/Power Attack. DC 30 Tou, if it hits.

It does hit

I would rather Sharl not be staggered and dazed at this point in the fight.

29 with the HP. Another bruise.

Armorcat: (still dazed!)

Sharl is now bruised x2.

Citizen: (2 HP)

Citizen knows he needs to act fast to end this:

Free Action: He shifts his Paragon array to Flight 1, Super-Strength 4, giving him a Grapple bonus of +31.

Citizen +2 Power Attacks Blobby McGee: 9

Well of course he did.

Spending an HP to try that again, +5 Power Attacking this time since there's no reason not to: 21 with the HP

Grapple: Citizen 42 which poor Blobby McGee can't beat on a natural 20. He can escape as a free action on his turn, but Sharl's not going to give him that chance.

Sharl throws Blobby McGee off the side of the ship and into the ocean, missing Armorcat in the process (I lost the roll when my computer crashed, but it happened :P ). With his current allotment, he has STR 58, 43 more than is required to lift McGee as a heavy load. That's 300 ft, off the side of the ship and down.

Blobby McGee's Tou vs impact: 29

He's 300 ft away and in water. It'll take him a long time to get back to the fight with no movement powers. Hopefully that'll be enough.

Sharl's at bruisedx2 and has one HP remaining.

Underdeck

Xevon sees what's going on with the annihilation sphere and heads over to attack the heroes protecting it. (Have an HP, Wraith and Papercut! His energy powers are tied up maintaining the firewall, so I'll say he's stuck in melee for this fight.

He'll go for Papercut with his knifey body. 21 That's a miss!

Xevon's initiative: 2

---

Ondeck

Go ahead and roll initiative for next round, Cobalt Templar.

Armorcat attacks Citizen. She knows she's out of her league vs. Sharl, so she'll Power Attack and hope that's enough. 24 Ouch, a good roll for her! Luckily it's not quite a crit, but it's still a hit.

Tou vs. 30

...yeah, OK, I'll take that. Citizen is bruised x2, staggered, and dazed.

I'll spend Sharl's last remaining HP to clear his daze.

Citizen: Power Attacks Armorcat 24

And that's a hit too, waddya know!

Sharl's grapple check is still +31; hers is currently +16 (since she's been flying fast after getting tossed around so much.

A roll she can't beat on a natural 20

Sharl throws Armorcat at Rogue. He's used this manuever before, so I'll say Rogue gets +2 to her Defense for this, awarding Citizen an HP for the fiat.

He misses anyway

Armorcat hits the nearest object. 9

And she's down.

Rogue knows she's in trouble, but she just can't pass up a chance to hit Sharl when he's down.

She moves directly over Sage.

Initiative Roll: 18

EDIT:

I get to go before Rogue. This is good, because Corbin is very very angry.

Free Action: Switch Fires of Judgement array to Strike 3 with Penetrating 12 (should have done this before, but meh, Free Action anyways)

Free Action: Attack modifiers:

All-Out Attack 5: Defense is now 2, Attack is 17

Power Attack 5: Attack is 12, Save DC is 32.

Full Action: Charge from where he is to hit Rogue. This makes his Defense +0 (so...10 total), and his bonus for this attack +14

Melee Attack: 24; that should hit, so Toughness Save DC 32

Free Action: Extraordinary Effort, to gain 2 Standard Actions

Standard Action: Melee Attack! 19. Not sure if that hits.

Standard Action: Melee Attack!23. should probably hit, Toughness DC 32

If the 19 hits, then I burn my last Hero Point next round to "only" be Fatigued.

If it doesn't hit, then I burn that HP to reroll the attack: 32, which woulda been nice from the start. I should consider giving this thing Improved Crit at some point. Anyways, if I have to burn the HP there, then he's Exhausted, with, I believe, 1 Bruise.

Anways, that should come out to 3 hits, each of which forces a DC 32 Toughness Save. 8-)

19 does not, in fact, hit, so Cobalt Templar is currently exhausted with 1 bruise.

1. 20: staggered and dazed

2. 15 I'm not prepared to have her be unconscious at this point in the fight, so I'll reroll that. 32, so she's unhurt.

3. 26

All right, so Rogue is bruised, staggered, and dazed.

I'll go ahead and post Citizen's actions, as well as start the fight in the deckhouse, later.

Underdeck

Papercut: 20

Wraith: 8

Xevon: 7

Papercut can maintain his Create Object effect while using other powers in his array if he makes a DC 17 Concentration check. He needs to make that check every round he's using a power from the array other than Create Object. (He can also pick up the origami box and hit Xevon with it, but that might make Wraith a little unhappy...plus there's a bomb in there!

Okay, concentration check: a 26. He remains cool as a cucumber. Guys are always trying to punch him!

I will also spend the HP to stunt duration onto the box and allow for the THOUSAND CRANE ATTACK, which should do god-knows-what to the computer system. And to the guy who threw the punch.

First roll was a nat 1, spending another HP to reroll.

Second roll better, a 29. DC 23 toughness save.

EDIT: Koshiro's also raising his forcefield, as is prudent!

You don't need to spend the HP to stunt the extra duration (since he passed the Concentration check). Instead, having consulted with Electra, I'll put that HP towards buying up his power rank by 2 so he can get through Xevon's impervious.

With Koshiro's Autofire, that's actually a DC 15+8+4+2=29 tou save.

Which means he fails, which means he takes a bruise and is dazed. 23

Given their unique circumstances, I'll throw in a power complication for everyone in the hold: Papercut, Wraith, and Xevon will all be slowed for the duration of this fight.

That'll limit them to one standard or two move actions, unless they spend an HP to take extra actions in the round without fatigue.

Have an HP, Papercut and Wraith.

Wraith is up.

I constantly forget that you can use Extra Effort to boost a power by two ranks for a round. Two ranks is a lot of shapeshift!

Wraith does just that, getting another 10pp in her shapeshift power, which she immediately uses:

Elongation 3 (25ft) [3pp]

Strike 5 (Feats: Improved Critical [19-20], Mighty) [7pp]

[3 + 7 = 10/10pp]

10pp seems like so much until you have to use it!

That's a move action to shift, and another to elongate; she can't attack this round (without risking exhaustion, or burning through her 3hp too quickly), but the room just got a lot more dangerous for spiky scissor dudes.

Corbin considers following Sharl, but his friends are stuck in a cargo hold with an enemy, and are also looking after a bomb. Not good.

He's going to take that Strike he's got and try to peel his way down into the cargo hold.

If he gets any HP, he'll use them to move himself from Exhausted to Fatigued, or even Normal, if he gets more than one (doubtful).