Murder mistery!

Airon

Hi guys.

I want to give a shot at running an adventure. I have decent tabletop GMing experience with M&M and I want to try it here, too...

The adventure I have in mind is a murder mistery involving Atlanteans. I'm looking for 2/3 characters, and I'm going to give first dibs to detective types (be it fedora and domino mask detectives, cowl and utility belt detectives, chipmunk with a magnifying glass detectives... whatever) and to characters somehow linked to Atlantis.

The adventure is going to feature both combat and social element - and it's gonna be fairly organic, not just "find bad guy, punch bad guy, drink beer for victory".

PL adjustable.

anybody interested?

Don't consider me, as my character only has water going for him. Just supporting a "this sort of thing would interest me a lot" to give you a gauge on how well your idea is going over.

Still if you need a cameo for someone who can let people work under water let me know after things are rolling.

So. We have PL 12, 11, 10, 8, 7. I think I'm gonna go for a royal straight.

5 characters are a bit much though, and I'm really more comfortable with lower PLs. After a full 24 hours from the first post, I hope everybody had a chance to see it.

I'm following this post's advice, so I'm really sorry for he/she who would be excluded...

let's see what we have so far

First of all, thanks a lot Ozob for the support; Wellspinrg doesn't really fit but I keep in mind the cameo idea.

Lord Steam seems tailored for what I have in mind (and he posted first).

King o' Suits is a very good detective (almost too good), but his PL is very high. I don't know if I can have PL 8 and 12 in the same thread, he would proably make Steam useless in investigation and everybody else in combat... we'll see.

Revenant is only a low level detective and is not a combat machine even if she's high PL.

Leviathan is the only Atlantean I got so far, he's low PL and so I'm inclined towards him.

I'd say definitely Steam and Leviathan make a good couple. Of the other two... I don't know, King of Suits fits very well, but he could probably get to the end of the adventure by himself overshadowing everybody else...

I'm sorry Arichamus (I'm expecially sorry because you helped me out in Weaver's introduction) but I think King of Suits would be the outsider to this group: too powerful (expecially in skills).

I promise I'll try to come up with an harder investigation for King of Suits. :mrgreen:

Revenant kinda fits, has a potentially very interesting interaction with Steam, could help in the investigation without stealing the spotlight and be the point(wo)man in combat leaving room for the others.

So I'd say:

Steam, Leviathan and Revenant are our investigators!

The game thread will be up in 24 hours, I'll PM you three personally. The locations would be initially Riverside, then probably Kingston and North Bay.