That doesn't beat Cosmic Willow's Impervious, sadly.

Jack of all Blades

Move Action: Auto DC 29 Feint vs. Geckoman.

Standard Action: Unarmed, Power Attack 5 vs. Geckoman. (1d20+9=28)

That'll hit regardless, but roll the Feint anyway in case he ends up flat-footed. DC 23 Toughness Save.

Jill O'Cure

Concentration Check vs. DC 18. (1d20+5=10)

The force field around Black Orchid C goes down.

Clears Daze.

Black Orchid A

Standard Action: Aid Attack. (1d20+10=26)

Black Orchid B

Standard Action: Attack Jack of all Blades. (1d20+12=14) Ffft.

Black Orchid C

Move Action: Fly to Ferros.

Standard Action: Attack Ferros. (1d20+10=18)

That's a miss.

Black Orchid D

Move Action: Fly to Ferros.

Standard Action: Attack Ferros. (1d20+10=30)

Critical Hit! That's a DC 30 Toughness Save.

35 - Cosmic Willow

28 - Geckoman - 2HP - Mind Controlled

22 - Miss Americana - 4HP

21 - Jack of all Blades - 6HP

18 - Jill O'Cure - Staggered, Dazed

17 - Black Orchid A - Bruised x1

17 - Black Orchid B - Bruised x1, Drained Toughness (Total +7, Impervious 7)

17 - Black Orchid C

17 - Black Orchid D

10 - Ferros - 3HP - Will Be Fatigued

I need rolls from Geckoman and Ferros. Don't forget that Ferros needs to spend an HP unless he takes the fatigue, quote. Either way, he's up.

This has been lagging behind the other Gorgon threads, which is really my fault. To catch back up, I'm instituting the old '24 hours to respond' rule, which really should have been in place from the beginning.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack of all Blades

Move Action: Auto DC 29 Feint vs. Geckoman.

Standard Action: Unarmed, Power Attack 5 vs. Geckoman. (1d20+9=28)

Gecks can auto-DC 32 with his Bluff, so he's not flat-footed. But... Toughness save against Jack of all Blade's mighty fist (1d20+9=13) He fails by 10, and is also staggered and dazed!

I'll let it ride for now, since he can just spend a HP to recover later on, and it sort of achieves Jack's aims in beating up helpless teenagers.

Well, first off, any chance I can get an HP for spending last turn saving those precious lives? In advance, I'm writing the rest of the post at his current HP total, not his potential one.

This has been lagging behind the other Gorgon threads, which is really my fault. To catch back up, I'm instituting the old '24 hours to respond' rule, which really should have been in place from the beginning.

Sorry, I just saw this when I got into work today. I'll try to keep up better in the future.

DC 30? Yeouch. Just barely breaks through his Impervious 10 too :(

Toughness DC 30 (1d20+10=16) Yea, no. Let's re-roll that. (Brings him down to 2HP)

HP Reroll: DC 30 Toughness (1d20+10=27) Fail by 3. I'm satisfied with that.

At the start of, or just before, or whatever, I'll use an HP to clear that fatigue, yes.

To be clear, there's two 'goons' on Ferros right now. They're entirely organic / wood, so he can't directly affect them with his powers, I'm assuming. Hmmm....

Ferros

Free Action: Spend HP to clear Fatigue (Down to 1HP)

Free Action(s): Maintain powers and stuff

Free Action: Extra Effort: Gain an HP on his array:

Full Round Action: Use Powers...

Snare 10 (Extras: Regenerating, Selective, Area/Burst; Flaws: Action/Full PF: Subtle, Precise)

I've been assuming that Ferros has been hovering at a pretty central location. If not, this won't work; In which case I would drop the regenerating extra and the full action and I would use a move action to get into optimal position etc. etc. In the interests of time, I'm going ahead with it.

Assuming that's kosher, I'll then spend a full action tying down every simulacrum/willowette, Willow herself, any tentacles that are still above ground, and Geckoman (hey, it's better than taking a beating from Jack). Descriptors are him melting, transferring and then hardening any metal in the area. He's drawing from lamp posts, street signs, water manes (the already broken ones), any steel that used to be reinforcing buildings, etc. For the simulacrums, he's going to wrap them up spider-man style. Geckoman as well. For the tentacles, he's going to create giant staples and bolt them to the street. For Willow herself, he'll use one of said lamp posts, snake it up to where she's flying, and tie her up with a giant metal corkscrew.

Is that cool? Any questions? I'm going to make the IC post now... I can always edit it.

We did establish that there were civilians that needed getting out of the way, so an HP for that seems reasonable. I'm also fine with that AP stunt, given the descriptors, but I'm not sure how it qualifies as Subtle. I think what you want is Indirect, since the metal is coming from somewhere other than Ferros' own location, but the Area extra makes that sort of moot.

As a more general point, putting a PP total with your stunted powers would be a good idea. I can see from his sheet that he's working with 42 PP, but having that noted with the stunted power in the OOC would make math checking easier in the future.

Black Orchids A - D

Reflex Save vs. DC 20. (1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=9)

Black Orchid D is bound and helpless, then!

We'll need that same save for Cosmic Willow and Geckoman, naturally.

35 - Cosmic Willow

28 - Geckoman - 2HP - Staggered, Dazed, Mind Controlled

22 - Miss Americana - 4HP

17 - Black Orchid C

17 - Black Orchid D - Bound and Helpless

10 - Ferros - 1HP - Bruised x1

Cosmic Willow's Reflex

vs. 20 (18)

All right, I'll keep that roll: she is entangled. -2 Attack and Defense, -4 Dexterity, and she's stuck to the spot where she is.

Cosmic Willow

Free Action: She'll drop the Mind Control bedeviling Geckoman and switch to the Cosmic Strength portion of her array.

Free Action: She has STR 50 (+20) and Super-Strength 5, so she has a +15 bonus for breaking objects like the Snare. That means she can do so as a free action. Crackatoom!

Standard Action: All right, Geckoman is mind-controlled and I'll say she has the power to resist hitting Jack of all Blades. Miss Americana and Ferros have both attacked her this round, but Ferros actually impeded her. Hmmm...I'll say she attempts to grapple Miss Americana and throw her at Ferros!

She'll All-Out Attack, dropping her to-hit to 15 and making it easier for other people to Power Attack her.

OK, that does hit Miss Americana's Defense of 22, but it misses by 1 if you choose to spend an HP to double Miss A's Dodge bonus.

Electra has indicated that Miss Americana intends to spend an HP to double her dodge bonus, thus raising her to-hit to 30 (+4 Dodge Focus and +4 half base Defense=8=a to-hit of 30) Miss A is down an HP.

Geckoman is up. I don't have the book handy; I don't recall if he's automatically freed of the Mind Control or if he just gets his first save (vs. the rank 15 Alt Save [Fort]) effect), either way, it's his go!

Unfortunately, it's a lasting effect and the first interval is a minute... So he'll use Extra Effort to get a second save against the effect. DC 25 save to break free of Mind Control, including a +1 bonus to roll for second attempt. (1d20+8=14)

Alright, sod it, another Hero Point... Re-rolling that... and down to 1HP (1d20+8=18) with a +10 for rolling under 11, he's free!

DC20 Reflex save to avoid being Snared (1d20+10=29) Entirely free.

Standard Action: Feint against the Cosmic Willow! Auto-32 Bluff DC. And use Set-Up to pass it off to Miss A.

We did establish that there were civilians that needed getting out of the way, so an HP for that seems reasonable. I'm also fine with that AP stunt, given the descriptors, but I'm not sure how it qualifies as Subtle. I think what you want is Indirect, since the metal is coming from somewhere other than Ferros' own location, but the Area extra makes that sort of moot.

As a more general point, putting a PP total with your stunted powers would be a good idea. I can see from his sheet that he's working with 42 PP, but having that noted with the stunted power in the OOC would make math checking easier in the future.

Noted. The subtle is actually a layover from the power as it's standard in his sheet. And as a power feat he can choose to use it, or not as he sees fit. Clearly at this moment he's not. An example of a subtle version of this power is "Ferros molds the metalic floor around the edges of his opponent's feet very slowly so as to avoid detection, effectively binding him in place."

Black Orchid D is bound and helpless, then!

Which one is that, exactly? who is it attacking?

10 - Ferros - 1HP - Bruised x1

As he received an HP from helping those people, he should have 2HP total.

Electra has indicated that Miss Americana intends to spend an HP to double her dodge bonus, thus raising her to-hit to 30 (+4 Dodge Focus and +4 half base Defense=8=a to-hit of 30) Miss A is down an HP.

Hoo boy! Thanks for that.

"GOOD! YOU HAVE DONE MY WORK, LITTLE POLESTAR! NOW THAT THE WASPS HAVE REMOVED THE ANTS, THE PRUNING OF THE WEEDS CAN BEGIN!" She began gesturing and plants began erupting everywhere, massive spiked weeds like something from a gardener's nightmare, pointed at the heroes like so many loaded guns ready to go off. If she wasn't stopped soon, something very bad was going to happen!

Any chance that's worth an HP to us? I mean, the heroes did what we were supposed to do in protecting and saving innocent people. But doing so only made this fight harder for us. Now we have more enemies and threats to deal with just because we performed our hero duties? That seems a lot like a set back to me...

Heh, I wasn't using the NPC to remonstrate with your character, quote! (You did the right and heroic thing there) I was using that to show that Willow is still in control enough that she's not dropping her big Targeted Area attack as long as there are civilians present; and that even now that it's only 'enemies' she's talking a good game but she hasn't actually gone so far as to drop the bomb. If clearing away the civilians does become an issue that impedes you, we'll see about HP: after all, doing the right thing hasn't actually hurt you yet.

To answer your other question, if you take a look at the last list of actions for the Black Orchids, you'll see that Black Orchid D is the one that scored a critical hit against Ferros.

35 - Cosmic Willow - Feinted

28 - Geckoman - 1HP - Staggered, Fatigued on Next Turn

22 - Miss Americana - 3HP

17 - Black Orchid C

10 - Ferros - 2HP - Bruised x1

Miss Americana is up.

Okay, going to take Geckoman up on his offer (at least she's hoping that's what the wink implies!) and go after Willow with all she's got. That means a power attack for 2 on her Blast. That should make for a rank 16 damage effect and get around that ridiculous Impervious.

1d20+12= Hahaha, AA told me I would only miss on a 1. Guess what I rolled!

Spending an HP!

1d20+12=25.

DC 31 toughness save

Heh, I wasn't using the NPC to remonstrate with your character, quote! (You did the right and heroic thing there) I was using that to show that Willow is still in control enough that she's not dropping her big Targeted Area attack as long as there are civilians present; and that even now that it's only 'enemies' she's talking a good game but she hasn't actually gone so far as to drop the bomb. If clearing away the civilians does become an issue that impedes you, we'll see about HP: after all, doing the right thing hasn't actually hurt you yet.

And I'm with AA there; you don't get an HP for saving the civilians and then get an HP for saving the civilians!

I actually wasn't trying to demand anything or tell you how to run the thread. I had originally suspected that those were the reasons you had. Kind of like "oh good the innocent people are gone! Now for the cut scene that triggers my second form!" But, yea, I totally agree with the judgment. I had just thought it was something worth pointing out. After all, you can't blame a guy for trying ;)

To answer your other question, if you take a look at the last list of actions for the Black Orchids, you'll see that Black Orchid D is the one that scored a critical hit against Ferros.

Ha! Serves him right!

Bruised! Woohoo! The first of many!

EDIT: One further question just to satisfy my curiosity, though I doubt it will get me anywhere. Cosmic willow is described as having a "Metallic Sheen" In that last post. With Ferros' super senses, he would actually be able to tell if it was metal or not, and if it was, it would give him an edge!

:arrow: Super-Senses 7 (Detect Metal 2 [Mental], Extras: Accurate, Acute, Extended [100ft Notice Increments], Ranged) [7PP]

Does he pick anything up with that power?

Via the proverbial Dutchman's Oracle (which is to say, rolling in chat), I'll go with the idea that Ferros could potentially affect the nanites inside Willow. But given their alien nature and cosmic infusion, it'll be difficult. (i.e., if whatever you come up with doesn't work for what's planned, or if it works but is too successful, HP for you.) :D

Right, okay, discussed this in chat, so we're going to make it work one way or another. Jack's stunting off of his Energy Sword to syphon off some of the cosmic energy the Gorgon is using to control Willow, with the downside of exposing himself to it at the same time. So:

Extra Effort: Power Stunt: Drain Cosmic Energy 13 (Extras: Aura, Duration [+2, Sustained], Flaws: Side Effect 2 [Forces Save Against Mind Control], Power Feats: Improved Critical [18-20]) [27PP]

Extraordinary Effort: Increase Power: Improves to Rank 15.

Move Action: Reach Cosmic Willow.

Standard Action: Touch Attack. (1d20+14=18)

Hero Point: Touch Attack, HP reroll. (1d20+14=29)

Hero Point: Ultimate Will - Auto 30.

35 - Cosmic Willow - Bruised, Drained Cosmic Plant Array

28 - Geckoman - 1HP - Staggered, Fatigued on Next Turn

22 - Miss Americana - 1HP

21 - Jack of all Blades - 4HP, Exhausted on Next Turn

18 - Jill O'Cure - Staggered

17 - Black Orchid C

10 - Ferros - 2HP - Bruised x1

Alright, Jill and Black Orchids are technically up, but I'm going to give Cosmic Willow/Regular Willow a chance to respond first.