Flu much?

Barnum

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

If you have to take medications, hopefully you'll get better ones than an army buddy of mine did in the days of yore. I will never forget his face when he read to me the potential side effects of the pills he had just gotten for a slight eye infection from our army doctor.

"... Swelling .... ... organ failure ... ... ... sudden cardiac arrest ?!"

He didn't take 'em.

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery!

If you have to take medications, hopefully you'll get better ones than an army buddy of mine did in the days of yore. I will never forget his face when he read to me the potential side effects of the pills he had just gotten for a slight eye infection from our army doctor.

"... Swelling .... ... organ failure ... ... ... sudden cardiac arrest ?!"

He didn't take 'em.

I have diagnosis from a real doctor (no offense to Google). I have Exanthem Subitum Roseola Infantum . . . which is a disease that only 3 year olds get (and me, of course). And I either got it from or gave it to my little cousin. She woke up with a rash this morning. A few more days of high fever and a bit more itching and I should be good as new.

Fantastic! Glad you got that diagnosis. :)

I have diagnosis from a real doctor (no offense to Google). I have Exanthem Subitum Roseola Infantum . . . which is a disease that only 3 year olds get (and me, of course). And I either got it from or gave it to my little cousin. She woke up with a rash this morning. A few more days of high fever and a bit more itching and I should be good as new.

Fantastic! Glad you got that diagnosis. :)

Funny story . . . yesterday when I was getting my rash check out, I told my doctor that I googled my symptoms and came up with Anthrax and Syphilis as the most likely candidates. He never even looked up from the chart he was writing on, but replied with the words, “crazy get dressed.â€Â

What?!? So what does that mean? Did he mean:

-“Google is crazy for that diagnosis. Get dressed.â€Â

-“You are crazy for looking to Google for a diagnosis. Get dressed.â€Â

-“Hey crazy, get dressed.â€Â

There was a short pause after “crazy,†but not a long enough pause for me to be convinced that he wasn’t calling me names. That’s kinda cruel. I was feverish, exhausted, itchy, and not entirely dressed.

Talk about kicking a girl when she’s down.

Funny story . . . yesterday when I was getting my rash check out, I told my doctor that I googled my symptoms and came up with Anthrax and Syphilis as the most likely candidates. He never even looked up from the chart he was writing on, but replied with the words, “crazy get dressed.â€Â

What?!? So what does that mean? Did he mean:

-“Google is crazy for that diagnosis. Get dressed.â€Â

-“You are crazy for looking to Google for a diagnosis. Get dressed.â€Â

-“Hey crazy, get dressed.â€Â

There was a short pause after “crazy,†but not a long enough pause for me to be convinced that he wasn’t calling me names. That’s kinda cruel. I was feverish, exhausted, itchy, and not entirely dressed.

Talk about kicking a girl when she’s down.

Ah yes, the wonderful world of health care in today's HMOs.

:D

He's not an HMO doctor. He's just a cranky old-school doctor. He's been our family doctor for years and years and years. He's so anti-HMO he still makes house calls and takes cash from people without health insurance. :)

Ah yes, the wonderful world of health care in today's HMOs.

:D

He's not an HMO doctor. He's just a cranky old-school doctor. He's been our family doctor for years and years and years. He's so anti-HMO he still makes house calls and takes cash from people without health insurance. :)

...He never even looked up from the chart he was writing on, but replied with the words, “crazy get dressed.â€Â

I like to think that, somwhere inside, there was a hippy version of himself with long hair and a tie-dyed shirt who had momentarily taken over whilst his other self was busy writing. It was this hippy self which heard your plight and replied with a (good natured) "Cray-zeh!" Unfortunately, his other self kicked in just after that and (not having heard what you said) just asked you to get dressed.

Possible? Anyways, hope you're getting better and avoid the side effects that Folkert mentioned :shock:

...He never even looked up from the chart he was writing on, but replied with the words, “crazy get dressed.â€Â

I like to think that, somwhere inside, there was a hippy version of himself with long hair and a tie-dyed shirt who had momentarily taken over whilst his other self was busy writing. It was this hippy self which heard your plight and replied with a (good natured) "Cray-zeh!" Unfortunately, his other self kicked in just after that and (not having heard what you said) just asked you to get dressed.

Possible? Anyways, hope you're getting better and avoid the side effects that Folkert mentioned :shock: