The Radical Dreamer (IC)

Rene peered over the Girl, looking for signs of life, or signs of anything.

"She seems as asleep in zis world as in the last" he concluded "although I'm not sure that accurately descibes ze picture..."

He closed his eyes, and whispered to himself more softly. "And speaking of ze pictures, let us see what picture we have here..."

His mind's eye roamed the immediate surroundings as an artist would gauge a landscape for a painting.

Wisp stepped up next to Mercury and looked out the window at the clouds and stars. "Note to self, recreate that in the sketchbook when we get out of here," she muttered aloud.

At Mercury's comments about exploring she stood silently for a moment. "I'm all for exploring as long as we don't cross into the Emerald Nightmare or run afoul everyone's favorite fedora clad, knife-fingered burnward refugee."

Leaning against the window, feeling the smooth, cool glass against her forehead she spoke towards the more experienced members of the group, "Hey Dreamwalkers, just wondering, different plane of existence and all, the Chunky Salsa Rule is in effect right?"

The change of scenery was surprising, but Etain still stayed on the girl who was semi-transparent on the bed almost like she wasn't there. She didn't dare to touch the amulet but she examined it closely before looking at the others,

"If we were to explore, we should always come here as it might be our only way back since it is how we entered."

She turned towards Marcus,

"You said she had contacted you, do you know if there is anything you see that might lead us to the right path?"

Rene opened his eyes. "Dreamland..." he muttered. "Ze landscape is... impenetrable. Or rather, very vivid, but completely changeable. One cannot trust ones senses here. Heh. One cannot trust anything".

He pondered the matter briefly. "Is this her dream? are we in her soul? if so, I would very much like to know as much as possible about what ze young lady is like. And what she fears. "

• 2 weeks later...

GM

"What she fears? ...I really don't know. I mean, I haven't known her that long..."

As Marcus thought about Rene's suggestion, the room shook. It was a short tremor but a strong one, enough to throw him a little bit off balance.

"...the only way forward, I guess, is through that door." Marcus shifted forms mid-stride, reaching for the hospital door and pulling it open. He paused for a moment before striding out into the open, stepping into a grassy field instead of the hospital hallway. The sky was dotted with stars much in the same way as the real world, light from the full moon illuminating everything from above. Several hundred yards in the distance, a large black castle loomed on the horizon, dominating the otherwise serene landscape.

"...wow."

Rene blinked in astonishment. Not something he did often.

Never too old to see something new he reminded himself.

"It is like a fairy tail. And not one of ze nice ones, either, I think" he remarked, as he squinted to see the black castle in the distance. His eyes were not normally the sharpest, but in this non-world, they seemed to work as well as they had in his youth, possibly better.

He didn't relish the walk much, however.

Mercury nodded in agreement with Rene.

"With dreams, they're usually about the symbols. And something like that..." He nodded towards the castle. "...is probably not gonna be full of baskets of puppies and unicorn giggles. It'd be a good place to start for whatever or whoever is keeping her here."

He raises his hand, and with a snap of his fingers, bright green fire dances harmlessly across his hand.

"Well, that still works, at least."

With a shake of his wrist, the flames are extinguished.

"I do not think anything in this tale will end like a story book, but we should move forward still."

Etain lifted her skirt and moved forward testing each step as she went. As beautiful as the landscape was, she kept a cautious pace in few that something may jump out at her. It seemed an appropriate fear because of the circumstances because anyone familiar with the scape would of had to been surprised if not completely overpowered to be held prisoner in there own head like that. Well, that or weakened to where they mind may no longer function.

She nearly stopped frowning as she looked down but shook the thoughts away. It wasn't important, the situation was only vaguely similiar anyway, and it this circumstance she could do something about it. Pressing forward she kept her eyes level with the castle in hopes that she could grab any details, any at all that might help the situation.

Rene started to walk forward, muttering under his breath about his aching hips. But not quite so under his breath that people couldn't just make out what he was saying.

"I wish I could dream I had a nice pair of ze wings, or ze magic carpet" he mused as he strode forth. "But I will settle for ze feet. Keep your eyes open, my friends... and your wits about you!"