Iron Knights, Unite!

Raveled

Gear Guard[ians], Name Pending, Wired Warriors, Mechanized/Metal Masters, Tech Titans, Armed Alliteration, Claremont Academy Science Fair, Team Leadfoot, Steel Samurai, Heavy Hoplites, Steel/Iron/Whatever Cavalry/Cavaliers, Pneumatic Paladins, Iron Aces, Steel Saints, Metal Martyrs, Team Excel, Iron Idols/Icons.

Smart arse. :P I like Gear Guard and Steel Cavaliers. Any other ideas? (Alloy Allies!)

Good god. So many of these team names have me imagining all of the members riding metal monsters that breathe smoke and fire.

And then there's Claremont Academy Science Fair... Which leaves an image burned into my head of though whole team huddles around a mound of clay wearing goggles one grasping a box of baking soda, another with a bottle of vinegar ready to pour... *sigh*

I really would like to stay away from the alliteration cliche... It's been so overdone.

Also, I might add, my other team, the Interceptors took their name from the idea behind their team's purpose. Perhaps we should figure out a mission statement before we go calling ourselves Pneumatic Paladins and end up lacking a patron. Or Steel Saints and realize we all actually have a ton of character flaws, etc. I realize those are pretty trite examples, but my point stands.

Or Steel Saints and realize we all actually have a ton of character flaws, etc.

There're PCs without crippling character flaws?

Thing is, I like the alliteration cliche. It's cliche for a reason, because it gives you easily recognizable catchy names right off the bat, and it's very in-genre.

Thing is, I like the alliteration cliche. It's cliche for a reason, because it gives you easily recognizable catchy names right off the bat, and it's very in-genre.

His logic. It is sound! Very well, I know when I'm beat.

Well, if we have a functioning or partly functioning space cruiser we might end up defending the planet from space-based threats (like the Grue) or even going on more cosmic adventures than sticking strictly around the city.

How about, "Bionic Beacons" or something, then? "Ours is the lighthouse that guards earth's galactic shores." or some such epic turn of phrase.

Digital Defenders! Yea! That sounds much better than what I said earlier :P

I'm with Doc. Going all "all Dimension-y or Cosmic-y" serves to sequester us away from the rest of Freedom. I like having the ability to interact with characters outside the team once in a while, if you know what I mean.

We should all pick a few and vote! Put together your first second and third choice. They get 3, 2, and 1, point respectively. Use the tally system. Some of you may or may not remember this from a thread we had a while back where we chose different issues to vote on...

Silicon Guard |||

Digital Defenders ||

Tech Titans |

Common Sense: not so common!

Another idea: a legacy!

Freedom City’s history of war on super-powered crime dates back to WWII when Commissioner Bachle's Special Committee Against Sabotage aided the Liberty League against saboteurs and criminals like the original Crime League. This included a small band of cops who called themselves "the Science Brigade," former adventurers of the 1930s who hadn't quite abandoned their old habits (they field-tested a number of special weapons that were developed by Dr. Dingle, one of Freedom City's great eccentric inventors). Both the Committee and the Science Brigade were disbanded at the end of the war (though a few of the inventions, now long forgotten, still sit in the basement of FCPD headquarters).

Though this would require an NPC mentor-figure.

My current vote

Tech Titans: 3

Gearhead Guardians: 2

Science Squad: 1